It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Deflect: White House/GOP Digging up Dirt on Journalists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Seriously?
Now it is unpatriotic to hold the press to be accountable?
wow
But it is not unpatriotic to use the government to spy on the press?

Hiring a private dick to investigate a reporter is in no way a violation of the 1st as long as the money does not come from the government.
The fact that you are dodging that fact shows how unpatriotic you actually are.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

What I posted wasnt even sourced from me. I added to it and used it to support my ARGUMENT.

I made my case with varying points you could contest, add to or question,

You have not addressed a single one.

EVERY post I made was on topic. Every single one of your deflections wasnt.

What part of your conversation is off topic do you not understand? Your pet grievance against the liberal media is irrelevant because that isn't the reason why the investigation in the OP is being undertaken. It has been my position since post 1 that I didn't want to discuss your not topic related tangent and you keep accusing me of not having any substance. So clearly we both have a reading comprehension problem because you don't care to read and understand my words properly either.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Grow a back-bone, all while you make accusations against Trump without evidence. That's not only lacking a backbone, but worm-like.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

HOW is it off topic?

I am arguing for prosecuting the press under sedition charges if they committed acts of sedition against MY GOVERNMENT

and that they colluded with the DNC to violate the Hatch act warranting further legal considerations.

What are you talking about? Not prosecuting polar bears for sexual assault on penguins?

Seems on topic to me.

Sorry champ.

"Keep the circle jerk going, no eye contact." Copy.

edit on 7 12 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Seriously?
Now it is unpatriotic to hold the press to be accountable?

Um... Yes. According to the 1st Amendment. The only legal way to hold them accountable is with your eyeballs and your wallet.

wow
But it is not unpatriotic to use the government to spy on the press?

Wow indeed. Also, where did I defend the government spying on the press?

Hiring a private dick to investigate a reporter is in no way a violation of the 1st as long as the money does not come from the government.
The fact that you are dodging that fact shows how unpatriotic you actually are.

Dodging facts? Post where the article says it is a private investigator.
edit on 12-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What I posted wasnt even sourced from me. I added to it and used it to support my ARGUMENT.

What part of your conversation is off topic do you not understand? Your pet grievance against the liberal media is irrelevant because that isn't the reason why the investigation in the OP is being undertaken. It has been my position since post 1 that I didn't want to discuss your not topic related tangent and you keep accusing me of not having any substance. So clearly we both have a reading comprehension problem because you don't care to read and understand my words properly either.

Perhaps you'd rather we focus on your fake news about the Whitehouse? Figures.
This thread should be in the hoax bin.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

HOW is it off topic

Lol. And you keep telling me that I'm not reading your posts... I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself, but WOW you are just something...

I am arguing for prosecuting the press under sedition charges if they committed sedition against the MY GOVERNMENT.

Which you and the rest of the conservative blogosphere have zero evidence for and is also NOT the topic of this thread.

What are you talking about? Not prosecuting polar bears for sexual assault on penguins?

Trump creating an investigation team to dig up incriminating and embarrassing dirt on journalists to discredit them because he doesn't like the negative attention he receives from the liberal press. You know. The thread topic.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Then why is Alex Jones among others about to be probed by the FBI? Pot meet kettle? I think I'm supposed to say, where was your outrage after Obama was caught spying on and messing with dissenting journalists, specifically Sharyl Attkisson?

InfoWars host Alex Jones said in a Tuesday broadcast that he’s under “criminal espionage investigation,” as federal authorities look for connections between his popular internet and radio program and Russian actors.

The Federal Election Commission is expected to discuss Thursday whether to investigate if Russia colluded with far-right websites in order to boost President Trump’s 2016 campaign after news reports accused sites including Breitbart and InfoWars of receiving Russian support.

Link

edit on 12-7-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I haven't seen anyone prove it was a hoax. Just because you don't like the thread topic and I won't let you derail it with your usual conservative "whataboutism" deflections doesn't mean it is fake.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Lol. And you keep telling me that I'm not reading your posts... I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself, but WOW you are just something...

You arent actually saying anything though,

Which you and the rest of the conservative blogosphere have zero evidence for and is also NOT the topic of this hread.

Thats partisan BS on your part. I have all my prior posts as sourced with evidence and personal extrapolation.

Trump creating an investigation team to dig up incriminating and embarrassing dirt on journalists to discredit them because he doesn't like the negative attention he receives from the liberal press. You know. The thread topic.

YES I agree. He should have courts of sedition and try the press for selling illegal wars and allowing foreign influence to interfere with the smooth operation of my government.

additionally, I say the DNC should be held accountable for violating the Hatch act

Both the DNC leadership and the elements of the Media in violation of prior mentioned provisions of the sedition and espionage acts respectively SHOULD FACE TRIAL.

Against what you said that they have unlimited right to defame and harass a president and violate laws as they please in the name of "freedom" of the press.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Grow a back-bone, all while you make accusations against Trump without evidence. That's not only lacking a backbone, but worm-like.

Call me what you will. At least I'll stand up to his attempts to corrupt our Republic instead of enabling his corrosive behavior. My conscious is clean.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I haven't seen anyone prove it was a hoax. Just because you don't like the thread topic and I won't let you derail it with your usual conservative "whataboutism" deflections doesn't mean it is fake.

Read the article. The thread is nonsense and you fell for it, mainly because you have confirmation bias against Trump.
Pretty obvious. There's nothing wrong with trying to ensure journalistic standards, but I understand why the pushers of fake news would be screaming about it, the same way they scream about any investigations into illegal voting.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Um... Yes. According to the 1st Amendment. The only legal way to hold them accountable is with your eyeballs and your wallet.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Yeah I do not see your definition in there.
I do however see "Congress shall make no law".
Has congress made a law I missed?

Oh and sorry I am mistaken it is not "private dicks" it is "republican operatives"
Neither of which is congress
Neither of which can pass laws

All you posts break down to nothing but you whining about something being "unpatriotic" because you do not like it.
No substance
No sources
Just your whining

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I don't think the WH should be doing this - if true.

I think and independent commission needs to be formed to set journalistic standards and root out people in the profession that are not fit to do their jobs. Outlets like CNN should certainly be closed down, or at least have their political operatives replaced with real journalists. The role of the 4th estate is too important for it to polluted with the Tappers or Maddows of this world. There should also be much more control on who owns media outlets and a guard against monopolies. Too few people are controlling the mainstream media right now.

Oh for the love of God. You talk more partisan BS in the 30 hours you are on ATS every day, then they do in the 24 hours they are on.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You arent actually saying anything though,

Well yeah, because I'm wasting time with your irrelevant tangents.

Thats partisan BS on your part. I have all my prior posts as sourced with evidence and personal extrapolation.

What is partisan bs is going after the media for grievances committed by the government.

YES I agree. He should have courts of sedition and try the press for selling illegal wars and allowing foreign influence to interfere with the smooth operation of my government.

Then you live in the wrong country. The press isn't responsible for the wars we've fought. That is just a scapegoat you are inventing. MAYBE I'll agree to this delusion if politicians and bankers were held responsible for the following: The war in Iraq and the 2008 crash, until then sit on the bench with your conspiracy. I don't care.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'll stand up to his attempts to corrupt our Republic

.....By trying to protect criminals from facing justice and by enabling a system that habitually violates laws and moral standards.

?????????

By stand up....do you mean burn our cities and riot, assault people with red hats and promote the theft of the public wealth in the name of private profit?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Read the article. The thread is nonsense and you fell for it, mainly because you have confirmation bias against Trump.
Pretty obvious. There's nothing wrong with trying to ensure journalistic standards, but I understand why the pushers of fake news would be screaming about it, the same way they scream about any investigations into illegal voting.

Prove it. The only thing obvious is your rebuttal being weak and clearly deflective in nature.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Call me what you will. At least I'll stand up to his attempts to corrupt our Republic instead of enabling his corrosive behavior. My conscious is clean.

I think you are both right.

I think Trump does act like an idiot sometimes with his media obsession.

I also believe we have lost our "Free Press" they seem obsessed with Trump.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Are you trying this stupid defense too? By that idiotic argument then Obama could have forced the country to tear down every church in the country and force you all to be Muslims.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I'll stand up to his attempts to corrupt our Republic

.....By trying to protect criminals from facing justice and by enabling a system that habitually violates laws and moral standards.

?????????

What criminals? The liberal media isn't a person.

By stand up....do you mean burn our cities and riot, assault people with red hats and promote the theft of the public purse?

I have done none of those things and this really shows your partisanship as well as gullibility towards the conservative media if you think all or even most liberals behave this way. Fun fact: Conservative news lies to you too!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join