It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Deflect: White House/GOP Digging up Dirt on Journalists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Something is wrong with you in how you post your threads.

It is incorrect on so many fronts, is your goal to provide emphasis on target words and illicit a reaction? Curious because in all honesty and with respect, its ridiculous and a bit dumb.

Do you not understand netiquette?

Reason being, it ties directly into your OP, adding an addiional layer of nonsense, aimed at "trying" to persaude the reader into thinking something is seriously wrong with the world. As always, you make the mistake of attribution error, assuming the world is correct in your eyes and that something nefarious and wrong is unfolding put there and somehow you have the good senses to see it and stop it, course you're the only one.

Straight up MKULTRA, LANGLEY, propaganda style tactics! Right?

But hey, let's look at the bright side. Only those who believe what CNN says will become victims!

Some of us pay attention!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: DanteGaland

Fair enough...

But what when the media is out of control or out of balance ?

NEVER.

Personal responsibility to use common sense, logic and CRITICAL THINKING

It is up to YOU, not the government to form YOUR beliefs.

So the media supported by billionaires should be free to print anything regardless of the truth with zero fears of repercussions then?

Tabloids exist don't they?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

A journalist is a person who works in journalism to report the news. They may work on their own ("freelance") or for a newspaper, a radio or television programme. There are different kinds of journalists.

A reporter is a type of journalist who researches, writes, and reports information. Newspaper reporters write news articles and stories for newspapers. They write these articles and stories by interviewing people, asking questions, and doing research.

Newspaper reporters must tell the truth when they write newspaper articles. Telling the truth is a very important part of all journalism jobs, including newspaper reporting, television news reporting, and radio news reporting. If people who work in journalism do not tell the truth in their articles or stories, they can be punished such as being suspended (do not work for a short time) or fired (losing their jobs).

However, frequently news does show bias.

Call them what you will - lying sacks of sh!t who are paid to lie so as to push an agenda, from either side of the political aisle should be jailed and all assets stripped - the media has special powers and privileges granted to it by government so as to remain impartial in their reporting of truth to the public - journalists, reporters, media answer to the public - don't ever lose sight of this fact

Anyone who is offended by the need to investigate certain people who have had flags raised against them in the world of media is themselves a shill and likely not interested in transparency and/or truth.

link   

Forget who's side you are on, or me, or him..or that..

What to do when the information you have to relay on is consciously falsified to suit other interests then the people in generale and as a whole, but is sold to you as news and honoust reporting?

link   
Noting first: These posts with excessive formatting, underlines, bolds, italics, etc. are annoying to read and I usually skip over them. Excessive formatting distracts from content. Use formatting sparingly.

Second - the media in this country is on a mission, and that is sedition. They are working overtime to discredit our elected president by twisting the truth and distorting things so as to drive public opinion against him.

Third - there is a serious problem with leaks from the government, and the best way to find out how this is happening it to investigate the journalists who are guilty of sedition.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Their plan, as one member of the team described it, is to research the reporters’ previous work, in some cases going back years, and to exploit any mistakes or perceived biases. They intend to demand corrections, trumpet errors on social media and feed them to conservative outlets, such as Fox News.

If this is all they're going to do, they'll get laughed at and mocked and ridiculed up one side of the street and down the other.

However, on the other hand, if they find actual collusion between reporters and campaigns or candidates, or deliberate lies/falsehoods, or other damning information, the reporters in question will have some 'splaining to do...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Like DJT once said this country is a MESS and he is going to fix it!

If this flushing out fake news so be it. People have a right to know the truth and not have to be brainwashed by MSM propaganda.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

But who and how is gonna inform you that the media is lying to you ? ( Nationwide, not about the fire across the street )

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Alternate Reality alert.

Trump and the White House have been owning the media. We're only a couple weeks removed from CNN firing employees (okay they quit, same thing) over fake Russia news.

Wake up.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That's what Fox News and various other conservative talk show hosts do, and they were allowed to continue doing so in a Supreme Court ruling upholding their right to free speech.
edit on 12pmWed, 12 Jul 2017 12:28:26 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with pointing out the bias of journalists. The public has the right to know that those tasked with informing them have other more political motives.

An attack on the press? Utter nonsense.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You are talking in your sleep!

I've heard "in a couple of weeks.. etc..etc.. " a million times now.. , nobody is in jail, nobody is impeached, same endless talk..talk..talk... as always.

Never sell the skin before you shot the bear.. or in this case.. donkey

I hope you are right, but that is not the subject.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You do not have the slightest idea what my political ideology is.

I am for smaller govt... That does not mean I feel the Press should be able to print whatever they want without fear of repercussions.

If they had anything resembling evidence and that went along with the story, I would have no problem with current type of press we have.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It's ONE THING to make stupid TWEETS...

It's another thing entirely to HIRE PEOPLE to find "dirt" of the free press...

This COULD be Trump's...

..."Crossing the Rubicon" move!

Free Press! Hahahaha, they're only parrots on the payroll....

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Irishhaf

Why not? If it's consistently found out that a media outlet is consistently lying they're going to lose their user base and as a result lose their sponsors forcing them to go out of business. Isn't that pretty much Capitalism 101?

And let's not forget that libel and slander laws exist.

In a perfect world you are absolutely right.

But really in today's my side vs the other side political theater that the majority of the country has fallen for, you really think hard leftist are going to care if CNN lies about the president?

It fits their narrative, just like with Fox against Obama, the hard right certainly did not abandon them either.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
open plea to don:

please PLEASE use your time and my tax dollars to run our country, not to check reporters past twitter feeds...please.

also...you are a freakin' DUMBASS!!!
edit on 12-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't want the press shut down, i want them to do thee constitutional and moral duty.

Nobody seems to want to answer what to do when the press is out of control, owned or even has a hidden agenda, or malicious intentions.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

This SIGNALS a new and dangerous precedent ... the GOVERNMENT taking active measures against coverage it doesn't like. The GOVERNMENT is not the truth police.

New? Really?

When was the last time the government allowed footage of flag draped caskets being brought home? Why is Julian Assange afraid to step foot outside the Ecuadorian Embassy?

Given time, I could probably give a thousand examples of the Government taking active measures against coverage it doesn't like in the last two decades. Operation Mockingbird would be at the top of the list.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

I don't want the press shut down, i want them to do thee constitutional and moral duty.

Maybe you should hold Donald Trump to the same standards.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I do!

If you read my posts in this topic you will see that i agree to some points, but i raise the question: What to do when the media is out of control ?? Not one.. not 4.. the whole system and function of the media in a democracy.

Thats what i wonder.

edit on 12-7-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join