It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Deflect: White House/GOP Digging up Dirt on Journalists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It SEEMS that the White House is reeling from the latest round in the RING. Reports are NOW coming in that Trump's White House and the GOP are planning a "offensive" against journalists covering their Russian ties.

HOLD TIGHT EVERYONE!!

Republican operatives close to the White House have begun extensively researching journalists covering Donald Trump Jr.’s June 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer, aiming to amplify perceived bias and past mistakes.

The White House is GOING DEEP:

Their plan, as one member of the team described it, is to research the reporters’ previous work, in some cases going back years, and to exploit any mistakes or perceived biases. They intend to demand corrections, trumpet errors on social media and feed them to conservative outlets, such as Fox News.
Link

I am REMINDED of a very, very poignant quote a man ONCE SAID:

Because as we all know... ATTACKING the press and intelligence community has "like, totally worked out great!" Fight BIAS by introducing bias of your own! What a brilliant idea!

When the Executive branch of OUR government attacks the free press openly -- You HAVE to wonder...

Is this really making "America Great....again?"

It is not clear which operatives are planning to work on the shame campaign, and whether any taxpayer dollars will be used for it. The White House did not immediately comment.

Possibly YOUR tax money used to persecute the free press? Is Trump LEARNING from North Korea? Is this STILL even America ANYMORE under Trump?

If it happens, this would be the Trump White House’s most extensive threats yet to specific reporters in its neverending war with the media.
Link

This Administration is appearing to look like Nixon's... more and MORE. . .

When your ONLY defense is to distract, deflect, attack, slander and blackmail.... it's CLEARLY cause you have ... nothing left.
edit on 12-7-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is the beginning of the end.
That ship is sinking fast if this is their
next move .

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ding Ding. WWE, and in this corner... trash talking media vs. the donald...

even more disturbing, people tune into it.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's ONE THING to make stupid TWEETS...

It's another thing entirely to HIRE PEOPLE to find "dirt" of the free press...

This COULD be Trump's...

..."Crossing the Rubicon" move!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

This should be raising tons of ethical concerns because it isn't the government's job to vet journalists. The government isn't supposed to get involved with journalism, but alas it won't. I bet most to all the Trump supporters will just cheer and defend these actions while ridiculing you and the news for a circular argument to validate their support for this unethical behavior.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I feel about it the same as I felt when the previous Administration prosecuted more people under the 1917 Espionage act then all previous presidents.

But bad behavior is now a problem...

If I am being totally honest, with the volume of leaks printed without question, with the volume of questionable stories pushed as verified fact, I have reached a point where I just do not care that much if Journalists get push back.

I am not proud of it, but at least a bit of it is the boy who cried wolf.. I have been told he is literally hitler so many times (when he has not done anything) that I will not care until I see him abuse the power.

eta: LOL just actually looked up some reviews of your source,(I had never heard of talking points memo before) Ill give you credit its not listed as extreme left at least.
edit on 12-7-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Can you believe it's only been six months? Jesus, this train wreck is in super slow motion and the conductor is narrating the carnage 140 characters at a time.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's not journalism, it is a witch hunt.
Those are not journalists, those are bought and paid for propagandists.
And those who are not, are afraid for their money and Job's system, or even jail-time.

It has nothing to do with real journalism for a long time now.

People should realize that Trump is not the reason, he is the effect.

Stand up for descent news, instead of attacking each-other.

edit on 12-7-2017 by EartOccupant because: Typedislection

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This should be raising tons of ethical concerns because it isn't the government's job to vet journalists. The government isn't supposed to get involved with journalism, but alas it won't. I bet most to all the Trump supporters will just cheer and defend these actions while ridiculing you and the news for a circular argument to validate their support for this unethical behavior.

YES...there will always be bias in media. The FUNCTION of the media is to keep dialoge open and hold these institutions ACCOUNTABLE.

This SIGNALS a new and dangerous precedent ... the GOVERNMENT taking active measures against coverage it doesn't like. The GOVERNMENT is not the truth police.

Maybe in Soviet Russia...or North Korea...or even China...

Do we aspire to be like those places??

I do, SOMETIMES wonder...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Fair enough...

But what when the media is out of control or out of balance ?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Is it a STATED FUNCTION of the Executive Branch to silence dissent or be the "Truth Police"?

It SEEMS the FIRST only applies when it protects the 2nd... (or doesn't HURT 'my guy'...)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Something is wrong with you in how you post your threads.

It is incorrect on so many fronts, is your goal to provide emphasis on target words and illicit a reaction? Curious because in all honesty and with respect, its ridiculous and a bit dumb.

Do you not understand netiquette?

Reason being, it ties directly into your OP, adding an addiional layer of nonsense, aimed at "trying" to persaude the reader into thinking something is seriously wrong with the world. As always, you make the mistake of attribution error, assuming the world is correct in your eyes and that something nefarious and wrong is unfolding put there and somehow you have the good senses to see it and stop it, course you're the only one.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Fair enough...

NEVER.

Personal responsibility to use common sense, logic and CRITICAL THINKING

It is up to YOU, not the government to form YOUR beliefs.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

When the system was designed, the media had a role in it, and a good one.

But in today's world, the media is big business, controlled by mega business and owned by a few.

I understand your point.

But don't you think the media is out of control?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Can you believe it's only been six months? Jesus, this train wreck is in super slow motion and the conductor is narrating the carnage 140 characters at a time.
Keep on believing that, we're still here and 7 years to go. These are facts.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I agree, but the media is there also to inform us to make our decisions.

Unless you are everywhere yourself.. you wil have to relay on given information.

Now.. if that information path is sold out... you will never know, even with an IQ of 200 and a sceptic mind. Also you loose of the masses who do not have time to do good due dillegance.

So lets assume the media is out of control and unbalanced... how would you fix that ?
edit on 12-7-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Fair enough...

NEVER.

The government provides the foundation for said society to exist and enforces it, to include ideology. It is because of that, beliefs usually align with the government.

No government, No society, No people and No beliefs.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Fair enough...

NEVER.

So the media supported by billionaires should be free to print anything regardless of the truth with zero fears of repercussions then?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

What happened to minimal government or smaller government

One of the core tenets of conservatism?

Why does THAT only APPLY when it suits your political ideology?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Why not? If it's consistently found out that a media outlet is consistently lying they're going to lose their user base and as a result lose their sponsors forcing them to go out of business. Isn't that pretty much Capitalism 101?

And let's not forget that libel and slander laws exist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join