It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accepting foreign donations to US political campaigns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
We have heard about how Trump might be guilty of accepting the dirt on Clinton by way of his son.

If that is the case, how in the hell is the Steele Dossier any different? It was obtained by Clinton ultimately, and compiled by a Russian. So in essence, the exact same instance happened, except for Trump, the information may not have been included, just the intent.

My personal feelings on this is it's a joke. Trump Jr. was offered dirt on Clinton, who was opposing his father in the campaign. Who would turn that down? How would finding out what the "dirt" was, be illegal?

Does anyone remember the months leading up to the election? Trump was a rapist, and a groper, all dirt obtained by the DNC and released in hopes of smearing his credibility. Those on the left, you can't have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Correct. This is illegal. US law states no campaign can solicit things of value from foreign nationals.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Correct. This is illegal. US law states no campaign can solicit things of value from foreign nationals.

Um. The Republicans hired Steele... Not as a foreign government but as an expert investigator. I think that is a different legal status. Also, Great Britain is an ally not an adversary. Clinton didn't use it until after it came out publically.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
We have heard about how Trump might be guilty of accepting the dirt on Clinton by way of his son.

If that is the case, how in the hell is the Steele Dossier any different? It was obtained by Clinton ultimately, and compiled by a Russian. So in essence, the exact same instance happened, except for Trump, the information may not have been included, just the intent.

My personal feelings on this is it's a joke. Trump Jr. was offered dirt on Clinton, who was opposing his father in the campaign. Who would turn that down? How would finding out what the "dirt" was, be illegal?

Does anyone remember the months leading up to the election? Trump was a rapist, and a groper, all dirt obtained by the DNC and released in hopes of smearing his credibility. Those on the left, you can't have it both ways.

Really?

No reason to go point by point but the funding for the dossier came from a 3rd party republican group, then taken over by a 3rd party democratic group. It wasn't actively sought by the Clinton campaign.

The dossier wasn't even completed until after the election.

edit on 12-7-2017 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Stop being ignorant blathering on after you've been shown how what you're saying is incorrect. Seriously...It's getting old having to correct you in every thread I stop in about this topic.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Who would turn that down?

Someone with integrity? Someone who honestly believed in their fathers vision for the country?
If he believed in his father he wouldn't wont to win because of the dirt on his opponent, right?
I not saying any laws ere broken, I don't enough about the law . But this is showing how shady
trump jr can be. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Politicians are in it for them selves not the people.
Businessmen are in it for them selves not their workers.

We will reap what we have sown.

But in the end trump and his family will continue to have a better life than any of us. Why?
Because money is our true good. And whoever has the gold makes the rules.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is like the fourth thread on this subject in last three hours.

Politicians have done and will continue to do what they want when they want it. They have no issues trading favors for dirt. They have done it and will continue to do it.

All this is complete hogwash and your only shoving the sock further down your own throat. I would stop because oxygen is good.

Do you truly believe that all the other politicians play fair?

If so....holy #

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

the law doesnt say anything about allys or adversarys
only foreign nationals
nice try

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

So are we to assume that you've researched and fully understand the legal definition of "things of value" as it pertains to this law? If so, please provide that information so the rest of us can be so assertive with the claims of illegality. My instinct is to err on the side of caution that "things of value" equate to monetary value, like a gold watch, not information.

Otherwise, it's, like, just your opinion, man.

I really am just trying to get to the bottom of the meaning of "things of value."

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

My instinct is to err on the side of caution that "things of value" equate to monetary value, like a gold watch, not information.

Information isn't valuable? If someone has information on a winning horse at the track; it's valuable.

Info on crooked lottery numbers isn't valuable?

Information to discredit you opponent is valuable. believe me.
edit on 12-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Both the RNC campaign and the DNC campaign committed crime hiring a foreign national for things of values on Trump. They broke the law. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Everyone's an expert these days, right?

Interesting angle on this from Karl Denninger today, over at Market-Ticker.

...and as has been mentioned on this thread, the point he considers worthy of examination... what the definition of "things of value" actually is.

Worth a read...

Donald Trump Jr. Imbroglio
edit on 12-7-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie chipmonks

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Information itself has no value unless someone is willing to pay for it. If someone told me it's going to rain today when I already seen the weather forecast, this information has no value. If someone told me Earth has 1 moon when I already know about it, this information has no value. In both cases, I would not pay money to obtain the information.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That's right. Anyone who solicits information on a political opponent from a foreign national, regardless the said country is an ally or an enemy, is illegal under US law, as clearly stated.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

International mega corporations run the world. Influencing politicians is SOP.

Laws are for little people.

Bribes-- I mean, Campaign contributions should be illegal, period.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

My angle here will be, has any campaign disclosed Intel in their CFR disclosures before this? If they haven't I believe that would set a precedent against info being covered under 11 CFR 110.20.

Edit: I am unsure where to go to find such CFR disclosures to look =(
edit on 12-7-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I fully understand your comment--you don't have to say "believe me" for me to agree on this topic.

But since you are equating information to my point of the meaning being monetary value, by all means, please try to prove in a court of law how much that information was worth monetarily. It's not like Trump is a financially fledgling individual whose only hopes of securing a decent financial future was to be paid for occupying the office of the president. In fact, he donated his first quarter of pay for being president to the National Park Service.

It would be very, very hard to prove the monetary value of the information pursued by his son, yet never even obtained. But in the spirit of believing you, as you requested, please let me know what you think the monetary gain of this never-obtained information was/is.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

My angle here will be, has any campaign disclosed Intel in their CFR disclosures before this? If they haven't I believe that would set a precedent against info being covered under 11 CFR 110.20.

Edit: I am unsure where to go to find such CFR disclosures to look =(

There's the rub, right? Amongst all the current warring factions... you have the ideologically rabid... who have pretty much lost control of what matters in life... because they have been infected with the virus memes associated with the last election... and the DNC and PTB have gaslighted the f**k out of them to manipulate them.

Then you have the folks who are smart, strategic and corrupt... that will consider the consequences of what they stir up, to any future shenanigans... and then are weighing if it's worth the mileage it will take.

I think there is an incredible amount of naivety on the part of the Trumps... about how the game is actually played.

There are quite a few power factions that have plans that don't include the American people as anything other than worker bees/slaves... and a significant portion of them are able to and do kill with impunity, anyone who causes trouble and is creating an obstacle to their preferred geopolitical outcomes.

Currently... I think the hysterical meme virus folks are sucking the most air out of the room. Largely, I think... because the DNC and established order hasn't figured out how to actually smooth over the FACT of their f**king Bernie Sanders.

That said... there's an awful lot of smart folks on the left who know the score, and are done with the DNC.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Very true and we'll put. I do think Trump knows though just maybe not to what extent and who's with who. That kind of thing is constantly changing and hard to know unless your in the club. At the moment though you're right that it's basically boiling down to one crowd who can think critically and see through all the nonsense and the other crowd warring each other which is full of the easily manipulated who lack the critical thinking to see through the nonsense. That second crowd is being used as a tool for those power players you spoke of. It's sad really as all of this serves no interest of the American people as a whole and is hurting us as a nation more than any of the crap that's being young and argued.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The steel document was provided by a private individual/organisation and I was not though illegal sources as far as we know.

The Trumps collided with a hostile foreign power seeking to subvert American democracy, trump was dealing with a foreign state that used illegal means to gather that information.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join