It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Trump Jr didn't commit a crime

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

???
$@#=+?"^¥

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

edit on 7122017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: UKTruth

I am not getting carried away with propaganda.

All I am saying, is that whether a crime has been committed or not in this instance, has nothing to do with the facts, and everything to do with the fact that its one rule for one group of people, and another for the political class, and the super wealthy. Slightest immorality on the part of someone in the streets? Chaos, evidence of social decay, the collapse of society. Someone from a wealthy background colluding with foreign nationals in order to affect the outcome of an election by one means or another though, thats totally fine?

Seriously, does everything have to be about the struggle of the masses?
This was a simple meeting to gather opposition research. If an ordinary Joe Schmo had a meeting with this Russian lawyer to hear about Hillary Clinton, they would not be in trouble either.

link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: olaru12

So if he took a trip to Moscow and grabbed a random stranger on the streets and asked for Hillary's dirt, it's treason? I don't think so.

That wasn't the case however. There was a conspiracy among Junior, Jared and Mamafort to gain information from a Russian operative to affect the United States election. And Juniors Emails are evidence, that's exactly what happened.

If Hillary did the same thing the Right would call it Treason and you know it.

btw....conspiracy is a crime.
edit on 12-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Do you read what you write?

He did not go to the meeting with the intention of getting dirt on Hillary from Natalia. Rod Goldstone told him someone has dirt on Hillary, go get it

link   
Why was he so eager and excited to get dirt on Hillary?

My understanding of this subject stops there.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

Conspiracy to commit a crime, is a criminal act in and of itself. In this case, the closest match would be espionage, would it not? Colluding with a foreign national in the hopes of receiving information from them which ought not be public? Pretty damned near the knuckle, would you not agree?

No. I don't agree with imaginary crimes that you are making up.
If you think that receiving information about a political opponent is illegal then you're on the wrong track. I suggest you dig in and stop getting carried away with propaganda.

It may or may not be illegal, that's what lawyers are hired for.

DTJ was under the assumption that he was meeting with, and receiving, official Russian personnel and official Russian government correspondence.

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump – helped along by Aras and Emin."

Still, it may not have been an illegal act. But it sure looks shady. Especially after months and months of denial from all involved in the Trump WH about Russian meddling, Russian involvement, Russian support, etc....

It appears the Trump WH isn't driving the narrative of this story, because they don't have the truth on their side.

They do have the truth on their side when it comes to whether a crime was committed - there wasn't.

Maybe, maybe not.

I don't believe there is one person on ATS who has the background to speak on the matter professionally.

Regardless of the legality, the optics are terrible for the WH.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't put money on charges ever being filed. Nor would I want them, waste of time and money when the end result AT MOST would be a tongue lashing.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
The "Steele Dossier" is exactly what they are accusing Trump Jr. of doing.

No. No they're not. Not even close to the same thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They got lied to by Rod Goldstone. So they were not soliciting damaging information on Hillary from Natalia. A conspiracy involves 2 parties, not 1 party. In this case, Natalia never said she had damaging information, so it was not a 2 party.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

All I am saying, is that whether a crime has been committed or not in this instance, has nothing to do with the facts, and everything to do with the fact that its one rule for one group of people, and another for the political class, and the super wealthy. Slightest immorality on the part of someone in the streets? Chaos, evidence of social decay, the collapse of society. Someone from a wealthy background colluding with foreign nationals in order to affect the outcome of an election by one means or another though, thats totally fine?

This was a simple meeting to gather opposition research. If an ordinary Joe Schmo had a meeting with this Russian lawyer to hear about Hillary Clinton, they would not be in trouble either.

Because a regular Joe Schmo isn't campaigning to be the leader of the free world....

The above isn't even a half-decent comparison and in fairness you're better than that.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

But that doesn't change the fact that you went to McDonald's to get a burger. Whether they were out or not doesn't change why you got in your car strapped the kiddies into the back seat and drove all the way to McDonald's. You intended to get burgers. You didn't go there expecting pork chops or steak .

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Hannity is going to clear it up?
Oh that's rich. That's so very funny.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

But that doesn't change the fact that you went to McDonald's to get a burger. Whether they were out or not doesn't change why you got in your car strapped the kiddies into the back seat and drove all the way to McDonald's. You intended to get burgers. You didn't go there expecting pork chops or steak .

yeah - and going to get a burger is not illegal. Therefore it's a good analogy.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I do and thank you, I see what you mean.

link   

Yes, as it happens, they would still be in trouble, probably more trouble than Trump Jnr.

Asking certain questions, of certain people, without the necessary financial support or backing, can land a person in a jail cell or simply under surveillance for a considerable period.

link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

Because a regular Joe Schmo isn't campaigning to be the leader of the free world....

The above isn't even a half-decent comparison and in fairness you're better than that.

A private citizen campaigning or not has the same rights as everyone else.
I assume you are not advocating for unequal application of the law, which seemed to be the reason for the complaint in the first place.

link   
I dont know much on the subject, but I just feel like the drumpfs got all excited to exploit someone or something and then got dissed...is that what happened?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

And yet you went.
Why? To get a burger.
Doesn't matter if your friend lied. Your action was clearly to obtain this new and delicious burger that you've wanted for Sooooooo long. You may have been disappointed by no burger but you still sought out this elusive burger none the less.

link   

Maybe the MSM is tired from beating that dead horse for six months?

link   

Yes, as it happens, they would still be in trouble, probably more trouble than Trump Jnr.

Asking certain questions, of certain people, without the necessary financial support or backing, can land a person in a jail cell or simply under surveillance for a considerable period.

Which questions did DTJ ask that are illegal and could land him in jail? Stop talking in generalities and get specific.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join