It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daleiden and his lawyers ordered to pay damages.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This involves his lawyers violating the injunction that prohibited the videos from being published. The lawyers had also published the names and addresses of some of the members of the National Abortion Federation.

At the end of Tuesday’s contempt hearing, Orrick ordered Daleiden to turn over 144 hours of the banned videos to attorneys representing him in the federal civil lawsuit. Orrick said Daleiden and his group may review those materials for defense purposes so long as they remain in the custody of the attorneys.

Absent such an order, National Abortion Federation attorney Derek Foran said, the parties would probably be back in court again, arguing over Daleiden’s unauthorized disclosure of court-barred materials.

Daleiden also was ordered to turn over the banned videos to his attorneys... Can't help but wonder if these are the same attorneys he just found in contempt??

Orrick did not precisely indicate whether Daleiden and his group would also be held in contempt, like his defense attorneys. But he did order Daleiden and his defense attorneys to pay damages to the federation.

The federation seeks to recover litigation costs for the contempt proceedings and expenses for increased security measures adopted to protect abortion providers whose identities were exposed by the leak of videos and names.

www.courthousenews.com...

it looks like it's time to start paying the piper!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The videos are already out.
This is like closing the barn door after to horse ran away.
They will just pay a fine, maybe after the appeal.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well not all the videos were released yet. Clearly that's how that recent video that came out earlier this year came from.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
the one's that involved planned parenthood have been released. there's a whole other set that was videotaped at the NAF conventions that were blocked from being released. This is part of the case that NAF brought against them.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

They must not like what's on those videos.
I'd like to know myself....hmm

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
That the NAF folks are doing or saying things they are so afraid for the general public to see or hear says much.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

you'd have to go hunt down the original complaint that NAF filed and read about the amount of security they had in place at their conventions and how far the went to protect the identity of those are the conference...
because well, no one likes to have their clinic bombed, or to have to live constantly looking over their shoulder in fear that a crazed loon is out hunting for them...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I have to say,i do not care if the abortionists die,or get bombed,or have to spend every minute of their lives looking over their shoulders.The murderers of babies Should have no rest.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

abortion is a legal medical procedure.. which, sometimes is necessary for the sake of the mother's health or life.
therefore, like it or not, we are always gonna need trained doctors to do that procedure.. and it's those NAF Conferences that enables those doctors to stay up to date..
personally, I can't stand drunk drivers, heck, I can't stand drunks period to be honest. but, really just can't tolerate them when they have the nerve to get behind the wheel... and yet, I don't expect my distaste to be justification for going out and taking pop shots at them as they stagger to their car fumbling for their keys!! and, by the way... driving while intoxicated IS ILLEGAL!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply,appreciated.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Anti-abortion activist David Daleiden and his attorneys must pay $136,800 for publishing banned videos of the National Abortion Federation’s annual meetings, a federal judge ruled Monday.

U.S. District Judge William Orrick III sanctioned Daleiden, his group the Center for Medical Progress, and his criminal defense lawyers for disclosing videos barred by a preliminary injunction. The judge found each of them jointly liable to pay security and litigation costs the federation incurred due to the leak of banned recordings.

www.courthousenews.com...

so that's a tad over $45,000 for each of them...
what a shame...

new topics

top topics

join