It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Campaign Committee Formed for Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

WASHINGTON -- One West Virginia resident wants to "Make America Rock Again."

Kenton Tilford, a 26-year-old political consultant and freelance writer, on Sunday formally created a campaign committee called "Run The Rock 2020" to draft actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as a presidential candidate in 2020, according to Federal Election Committee records.

"I've been discussing (this committee) with friends for some time, but I ultimately decided to create the committee because America is incredibly divided," Tilford told CNN in an email interview. "I know it's almost a cliche at this point, but I think it's tragic that our President (Donald Trump) has not made a serious effort to unite the country. With this level of vitriol and anger, I believe we desperately need a leader who can unite us and not just pander to a small base of supporters."

Source

While this committee has not officially been formed by The Rock himself it seems to indicate that there is a growing movement that wants the Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment and the Highest Paid Actor in Hollywood to run for President in 2020. Even as recent as a year ago I would have laughed at the idea. Now though I'm not so sure.

Despite what his ardent supporters believe the Trump administration is pretty much a trainwreck. The current state of the DNC isn't any better; running on a platform of, "Hey, at least we're not Trump," while trying to push the most unappealing contenders possible.

Looking at the current political landscape The Rock actually seems like the most bearable potential candidate. He's got wide appeal. He's eloquent. He knows how to present himself. He's more or less a self-made success. He seems to have some political competency, seeing as how he didn't vote for either of the main parties in the last election. Plus, as far as I can remember he's not been associated with any scandals.

As an added bonus, we could probably cut back on defense spending. Instead of sending in the military he could just send in his uncle Haku.

So what do you think ATS, has this country finally got to the point where a (former) professional wrestler/actor as President is what's best for business?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is what we may have opened ourselves up to, celebrities who have no idea how to run a country or government being elected or being thought as serious contenders for president.

I hope we don't elect the Rock next, that would only show how far America has fallen.
edit on 7/12/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
One actor gets in and the gates are open. Look where we are people. We're diggin' into Hollywood, lookin' for honest politicians. God help us.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oh BS. Trump didn't start a damn thing. Remember Reagan? Schwarzenegger? Hollywood has always been a part of politics.

link   
And people said Trump wasn't qualified, now we got this guy. LOL!

Anyone know his stances? I'm guessing since he's ultra rich he's going to be a far left looney Liberal like rest of em.

link   
The Rock.. the Legendary eyebrow..
The raging bull of the square ring..

icon of the attitude era ...

president of the united states of america ..

??

:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
An actor for POTUS? Been there, done that: Ronald Reagan.

And I highly doubt Dwayne Johnson would "bring people together" as a POTUS.

If he got elected, all the Vin Diesel fans would be upset and outraged.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
So what do you think ATS, has this country finally got to the point where a (former) professional wrestler/actor as President is what's best for business?

Yes - I know of no-one who supports career politicians as 'best for business'. Dwayne Johnson is a smart fella and as long as he has a tight, trustworthy support-base and a clear positive agenda and message for ALL Americans, and the world, then he stands an equal chance to others - if given the equal opportunity.

Watching Jimmy Dore and others over the past 6 months, I am leaning towards 4 candidates for 2020 - a Rep, a Dem, and 2 independents - one being Bernie Sanders, maybe the other will be The Rock - there is a massive push among progressives within the DNC to chop the dinosaurs or face a mass exodus - very angry DNC members that Hillary literally stole the POTUS seat from Bernie who had #-loads more support among Dems than Hillary.

Anyway, I don't want to detract from Dwayne Johnson here because he is a good representative so far and I am keen to hear his message and whether it differs (domestic & foreign policy wise) from Trump. The Dems have no message so I can't speak for them here - best off avoiding them entirely.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You're 100% right, Trump didn't start it at all and I have edited my comment, he has just nudged the door that much further open.
edit on 7/12/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   
After the first "Black" president set about igniting a "YOU'RE A RACIST" war in this nation, I wouldn't think anyone would be trying to hear from a Black of the Democrat variety again anytime soon.

Is The Rock into Identity Politics?

I thought Vince McMahon owned the rights to "The Rock".

I can already see the "The Rock is Donald Trump's stooge" threads every other night for a year.

Wouldn't this matchup be a shift from his old character, didn't he used to play the heel?

edit on 12-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: 0racle

You forgot... Hercules! dun Dun DUN.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Arnold Schwarzenegger was president of the US in Demolition Man. I like the Rock as an actor and he seems a pretty chill guy in private too but what exactly qualifies him to run for the job? Arent there some kind of restrictions in place who is allowed to run for president?
edit on 12-7-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Better than Trump or Hillary I guess.....

Still how about a Doctor or scientist for once? Someone with a proven brain.
edit on 12-7-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
And people said Trump wasn't qualified, now we got this guy. LOL!

Anyone know his stances? I'm guessing since he's ultra rich he's going to be a far left looney Liberal like rest of em.

Huh? The Rock is a conservative.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Arnold Schwarzenegger was president of the US in Demolition Man. I like the Rock as an actor and he seems a pretty chill guy in private too but what exactly qualifies him to run for the job? Arent there some kind of restrictions in place who is allowed to run for president or not?

Look at your current imbecile of a president.

Long as its born within the USA and not a criminal it can run. o and over 35.

Basically no qualifications .

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Steroids for president!
Sounds like a movie.......hmmm

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Arnold Schwarzenegger was president of the US in Demolition Man. I like the Rock as an actor and he seems a pretty chill guy in private too but what exactly qualifies him to run for the job? Arent there some kind of restrictions in place who is allowed to run for president or not?

The rule used to be only governor's or senators could become POTUS. That's what the MSM used to say about why Ron Paul wasn't electable or whatever.

Trump did break that 'rule'.

The rule was about being able to run something (like an entire state), and or being deeply intimate with the political apparatus. But Trump could run a business empire so it didn't actually not not make too much sense.

But whose fort rules anyways? I'd vote Ventura... but then again he has run an entire state...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
An actor for POTUS? Been there, done that: Ronald Reagan.

And I highly doubt Dwayne Johnson would "bring people together" as a POTUS.

If he got elected, all the Vin Diesel fans would be upset and outraged.

Vin diesel for VP?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Look at your current imbecile of a president.

Long as its born within the USA and not a criminal it can run. o and over 35.

Basically no qualifications .

Is the location under my profile just for show? I support Trump but i'm german hence the location Germany.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oh BS. Trump didn't start a damn thing. Remember Reagan? Schwarzenegger? Hollywood has always been a part of politics.

Please vote Ventura?
edit on 7122017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join