It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Whispers in Abandoned Mine...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone has seen this video yet, but I keep playing it over and over and being amazed not only by how genuine it seems, but also by how ridiculously calm the guy making it was!

Me personally, I think the voices we can hear towards the end are real...

Enjoy!

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This videos was posted a few months ago www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Me bad. Mods please close

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013
Either that guy is a ghost magnet or every abandoned mine is haunted. I saw another one of his vids posted here a while back and that one was haunted too, and he was there in the daytime. I almost pooped my pants just watching this one. First of all what possesses anyone to drive to an abanded mine, in the middle of the night, with a raging storm to boot.
He is getting braver.
He got spooked and left the other mine.
What if he fell and broke an ankle?
Dont think his phone would have too may bars in a mine.
Thanks for making me have to get up and turn the lights on.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Sorry!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

some people are just prone to hyperbole and flights of fancy watch this :

and try not to laugh

the 2 wombles made it < 100m into a network thats got over 200km of passages

yup thats not a typo - one hundred meters into a vast labryinth

edit on 12-7-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I actually watch this guy's channel a lot, I have a strange fascination for cave exploring.

This guy is worth the benefits of many doubts.

I think his video is almost certainly legit.

Those whispers are mind blowing!!!
Excellent vid.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Its all because he has his Thru-Night TN-12 Flashlight!!!
Keeps the damn ghosts away too!!!

(Fast talking) it can be yours for only 9.99 available on Amazon...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The comments section is hilarious too btw.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I watched this fully prepared to roll my eyes and be underwhelmed. The creepy environment of a cave lends itself to misinterpreting natural sounds with something supernatural.

That video, however, was straight up terrifying. If that isn't a hoax then ... wow. Goodbye, sleep.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yeah i came across this video several weeks ago on youtube, i checked his channel out to gauge if it could be legit, he has a lot of videos and only 2 that i came across with weird noises so it could be legit or he did it somehow so he could boost his views and subscribers.

Either way the video does sound creepy and im guessing if it is genuine then he's forcing himself to keep calm and talk his way out of the cave so he dont completely # his pants and run for his life and probably have a nasty accident in the process of escaping lmao

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This video just shows normal sounds heard in old mines.

I have been a miner for over 45 years and have worked my way up to mine superintendent before i was forced to retire due to health problems.

I have heard the thump of another mine blasting over a mile away.
I have heard a well pump going on an off at a 1/4 mile away.

Sheep walking on rock hillside over 200 feet above the tunnel i was in and it was loud and very strange sound.

I have heard the wind making strange noises as it blowing across a old core drill holes that opened from the surface into one of the mine tunnels.
edit on 12-7-2017 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Did you check out the other videos where they used programs to analyze the sound waves?

They were actually reminiscent of human vocal patterns. It also was echoing.

So either this guy captured something unexplainable OR he set up a hoax somehow.

I seriously doubt you've heard anything like what was in the video, which was whispers saying something (not sure what it said).

If you have heard whispers in a mine, than you are just explaining it away as something it's not so you can avoid being freaked out, which is understandable.

Whatever the sounds are they aren't bats screeching or the wind howling. Check the wave files.

Either it's a well done elaborate hoax or it's the real deal and definitely classified as paranormal activity.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The guy who made the video even said "it sounds like snakes" referring to a hissing sound.

But from what I understand, snakes don't even make sounds vocally - that's a myth.

When we encounter bizarre unexplainable things we naturally try to rationalize it away as something we think it is - like in this case rationalizing it away as something that is pure Hollywood fiction (snakes).

You mentioned you once heard sheeps walking around topside though you were down in a mine? That doesn't sound very plausible.

Sheep hardly weigh anything and I'm more inclined to think you heard cars or mining equipment, or even just the ground settling from the mining activity.

How could you even confirm it was sheep? Did you run outside and check? How deep was this mine??

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Creepy, for sure.
I think it must have been emanating from the ore chute somehow/someway.
The acoustic properties of caves and such similar can create some interesting sounds.
Wind or partiers in another area of the mine? Like whomever climbed up the rope.
I don't think he set out to create a hoax, IMO, although the review of the light and the 'documenting' of the mine itself seemed not well done.
Thanks for the link.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Imagine how hard it would be to climb that rope.
And then descend it.....drunk.

Also note there was no trash or discarded items indicating anyone visits that mine very often. Most mines are full of junk. This one was clean surprisingly.

I'm not going to say that's for sure a ghost because I don't actually know, but c'mon, those whispers are off the chain.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

This is one of my favourite videos of his, check out his second and last venture into the Horton mine, I think he's legit with this video, very cool yet disturbing stuff.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

I wonder how the PA system giving a blast warning could have gone off like that. It doesn't make any sense.

I'm not even sure how to classify the event.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

The guy who made the video even said "it sounds like snakes" referring to a hissing sound.

But from what I understand, snakes don't even make sounds vocally - that's a myth.

When we encounter bizarre unexplainable things we naturally try to rationalize it away as something we think it is - like in this case rationalizing it away as something that is pure Hollywood fiction (snakes).

You mentioned you once heard sheeps walking around topside though you were down in a mine? That doesn't sound very plausible.

Sheep hardly weigh anything and I'm more inclined to think you heard cars or mining equipment, or even just the ground settling from the mining activity.

How could you even confirm it was sheep? Did you run outside and check? How deep was this mine??

sheep have hard hoves that make a clicking sound when on rock.

and yes i went outside to find out what was causing the very strange sound. i only had about 80 feet of rock over head.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Ground zero radio show, great show

top topics

join