It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is No Honor Among Thieves

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well perhaps I could also make a sizeable donation for a small favor .

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
In a world where corruption is synonymous with power, only the most filthy and cutthroat of characters can reach the pinnacle.

that pinnacle is only relevant to them and their small world of ego and corruption

its only relevant because the lot of us actually play their games and are too scared to lose our material wealth to stop them in their tracks

if no one gave a # about money and material wealth we'd annex these #s from their thrones in a second

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

In a world where corruption is synonymous with power, only the most filthy and cutthroat of characters can reach the pinnacle.

Except when it comes to Trump, he made it to the pinnacle fair and square, right?

Also, where was this kind of logic (faux-outrage and being desperate for vindication) when people were on a witch hunt against Hillary?

DT Jr. let the cat out of the bag and now Trump supporters are either in deep denial or deluded as to the implications of what it all means.

If something similar happened under Hillary's watch then there wouldn't be any excuses being made for her from the Trump camp but since it's Trump it is normalized and excuses are made. That's how you know people don't really care about the truth, just that their "side" wins.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Thank you all for the replies.

Just a little something I wrote into the wee hours of the night. Those that caught my drift, the last line need not apply, and those still trying to figure out what I'm alluding to, extra emphasis on the punchline.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Weak deflection, you clearly didn't get the OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
A civilization is based upon the premise that every individual is created equal. That each member has the same rights and responsibilities to the whole. A civilization sees each member as its collective responsibility and establishes rules (rule of law) to ensure that its weakest and most vulnerable are protected.

The natural world --- animals and plants --- exist on a survival-of-the-fittest basis. They care only about what benefits the individual (apart from their instinctual caring for their young). They cooperate, when they do, only to benefit themselves: lichen and tree, clownfish and anemone, remora and shark, pack animals. They have no capacity to care for others and will, in many cases, kill and eat their own kind if they can.

We are increasingly moving from the former to the latter. And those who believe they will receive the greatest benefit offer all manner of rationalizations as to why that's a 'good' thing, or the 'correct' thing. We are rapidly devolving from a somewhat cooperative, democratic civilization back to a feudal society where there no longer is an 'us' but rather an 'us' and 'them'.

Animal species become extinct because they lack the ability to work cooperatively to address the threats to their existence. They are only able to focus on the 'me'. And they perish. Feudal societies fall when the 1% are no longer able to fend-off the 99% or some other, more powerful 1% without the backing of their 99% or the shield of minions (remoras) with which every feudal society surrounds itself.

The loudest voices are stridently making their cases for the strongest, most ruthless will survive. The din increases almost daily. But there is always someone stronger and more ruthless. And like every society that has followed this path before us, it will end life as we know it. We're already well on our way.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So who are the ones with faux-outrage and who is searching for vindication? I very well may have missed the point of the thread but being in the mud pit you can't really blame me for assuming you were attacking a particular side.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

If I remember correctly, I put this into the mud pit along with my closing statements with the intention to trigger anyone that might get triggered, so you're right about that part, but that's only the icing on the cake. I'm not defending anyone, the contrary actually.

I only made this thread because of the tone of ATS yesterday, and somebody challenged me to make it, so I did.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
We forget though don't we. We get dragged in, it's easy to slip and before you know it you are drowning in a faux debate designed to divide and conquer or divert our attention.

Nowadays it is so easy to forget. The media is huge and in full force. The politicians are brazen and more like actors than statesmen and women.

We need to be dragged out of the pit sometimes and we need our heads shaking. But that's ok, we're only human. We're designed to be led and controlled, designed to be disillusioned by default.

And when you don't know the answer, when you don't know what the alternative actually is - it's hard to not believe something when there is nothing to believe... So you end up slipping back. Because any alternative presented on here still falls into the realms of an illusion to divert our attention - were never close to the truth, or at least I don't feel we are.

edit on 12-7-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Very well said.

Truth is, nobody knows the truth, the only truth is we're divided and distracted.

That's why I felt it was important to bring back this perspective.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'll take that and raise you a full bottle.

I'm close to getting back to my old perspective. It's hard to juggle the professional family life and try to regain my old perspective, which I believe was a better place to be morally, psychologically and physiologically. Your thread has helped push me a bit closer to regaining what I lost.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I put this into the mud pit along with my closing statements with the intention to trigger anyone that might get triggered

Oh ok, that's a good quality to have, triggering people for fun. That's really promoting open and honest discussion/debate.

edit on 7/12/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Notice you're the only one triggered in my thread? Beyond reading comprehension, reading between the lines is also required. Where was your faux outrage in all of the threads yesterday? Notice I didn't participate in any of them? I did read them, and that's why I made this thread.

I was about to break down my OP even further for you, but nah, that defeats the whole purpose.

Quality is subjective, and others have already expressed to me that I have brought something to them, so if you really believe I made this with the sole purpose of triggering, that's too bad on you, not me.

edit on 12-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
a reply to: Trueman

Yes and perhaps my ex.

I knew you were my type of girl.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Only if you vote for me.

SooOoooOooo what you are saying is that you want to get booted off the island???? How dare you be so selfish!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I only made this thread because...somebody challenged me to make it, so I did.

I challenge you to a drinking contest *said in a stern tone of voice...with a hint of sean connery accent*

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Unless it's an ice cold pint of Stella on a patio, I'm more of a water guy.

Or if we're getting fancy at night, a glass of Merlot.

edit on 12-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

where the only clean thing are their suits and the only absolute is there are no absolutes.

I might have ended it with, "and the only absolute is their determination to remain above you at your personal expense."

S&F

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

What is already known will not be spoken.

Plus I like being obscure, it makes me sound much smarter than I actually am.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you're referring to about the threads yesterday, I haven't really been keeping up with ATS as much lately. Do you mean the ones about DT Jr. admitting to meeting with Russians in his dad's stead?

If someone not agreeing with you means they're triggered then everyone gets triggered all the time and you have no room to talk. I'm not "triggered", just pointing out the double standards.
edit on 7/12/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join