It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is No Honor Among Thieves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
In a world where corruption is synonymous with power, only the most filthy and cutthroat of characters can reach the pinnacle. Where loopholes become the necessary course of action, and stepping over your adversaries is imperative to being a step ahead. Where the ice in your veins is as vital as the blood on your hands, and where the weak and the righteous are left disillusioned by their own moral facade. Where reality is just as harsh as it is unforgiving, and the illusion of truth is only as strong as the feeble minds that it occupies. So as the blood drips from their fingertips to the floor, let us never forget that there are always three pointing back. Welcome to the dirty game of politics, where the only clean thing are their suits and the only absolute is there are no absolutes.

Long-winded pretentious attempt filled with clichés aside -- What are you really crying about? The faux-outrage in a desperate search for vindication is as disingenuous as it is pathetic. Or are you truly oblivious to the true nature of things?

Reading comprehension required.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

So it's fine for you to try and put yourself on an intellectual and moral pillar but no one else?

Story of today's ATS

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I put it in the mud pit for a reason, so go ahead and speak your mind.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

You had me. Almost. Untill the very last line about reading comprehension. Otherwise it was very well spoken, but then you had to disrespect your readers. Never criticize your readers. Bad PR. Otherwise I will agree with what you wrote. Almost very well done. Too bad you blew it in the end.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Nice.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Was your thread supposed to be about the Clintons? I am confused.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

It might have been about some dirty bad boy who deserves nothing.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Western politics. Democracy, once a magnificent shining light for progressive societies, entire world wars exploded into action to protect it.
Now only a handful of the society seem to benefit from it, exploit it, use it...
It's beginning to sound like something else in history that people are just now realizing should never get out of hand. Or only in the hands of a few.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I feel slightly disrespected but I'm still smiling as I type this.

You got a S&F for starting strong and finishing stronger.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Drug dealers and prostitutes are far more trustworthy and honorable than politicians.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

TL;DR version: The world is a horrible place and only the strong survive.

Despite what Ghandi might think, an eye for an eye only leads the world half blind.

Sic semper tyrannis

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 12-7-2017 by YapYapYap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

It might have been about some dirty bad boy who deserves nothing.

Gotta be Obama.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Yes and perhaps my ex.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I think we need to push the reset button rather sooner than later. Politics were always dirty but the sheer ruthlessness reached new heights since the last years. I'm already waiting for the scandal that will break Schulz and hand over Merkel the election for instance. Merkel is already in campaign mode and doubles down on the refugee crisis that she caused in the first place. Personally i loathe and hate her because she and her cronies care more about foreigners than our own people. It's frustrating to watch my country going down the drain with people smiling and cheering and pretending everything is fine.

Perhaps someone who is in the know has to step up and reveal the hidden truth to the world. All the secrets need to be exposed no matter the consequences. If i had the means and the knowledge i would do that in a heartbeat.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Drug dealers and prostitutes are far more trustworthy and honorable than politicians.

Drug dealers and prostitutes create themselves.

We create politicians by electing them.

What does that say about us?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

This is the way it has always been since the dawn of time.

Ever watch the tv show, "Survivor"?

Treaties, pacts, backstabbing, alliances are made and lost on a whim.

I's a condition of the human animal. We are power mad and susceptible to corruption. We're an opportunistic animal.

To think that any of us are better and above the failings we often point out in politicians is the height of self-delusional hubris.

In my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Welcome to the dirty game of politics, where the only clean thing are their suits and the only absolute is there are no absolutes.

The worst atrocities are committed by the best dressed people.

Gotta keep up appearances.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ever played "Risk"?

Premise from the start is world domination, nothing personal.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is the way it has always been since the dawn of time.

I's a condition of the human animal. We are power mad and susceptible to corruption. We're an opportunistic animal.

To think that any of us are better and above the failings we often point out in politicians is the height of self-delusional hubris.

In my opinion.

Your sounding an awful lot like a politician .

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Only if you vote for me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join