It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sangue de Terra [PSC2017]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Joshua opened the Western Union envelope as soon as it was delivered.

“Mother is dying. She needs a transfusion right away...” was all it said.

Joshua was off and running. He knew She had been sick for so long that a message of this nature surely had to be extremely urgent. There was no time to waste. If Mother needed a transfusion she would get one, or there would be Hell to pay.

Joshua knew the locations of the ingredients for the tincture and flew to the first destination. The desert was hot, almost glowing red hot. He was uncomfortable with the heat. The layers of red sand would have to be stripped away to reach the Ochre Rojo silt, the first ingredient. Joshua landed and immediately started digging in the red sand that had accumulated near the base of the mesa. Three feet down he would find the silt he was looking for. He scooped some into a sterile jar he had in his vest and took off for the second location, the Leilani Flower Fields. The Flowers of Heaven.

Joshua landed as close to the flowers as he could and rushed to their location to collect the pollen and only the inner-most petals from the brightest red flower in the field. He added them to the contents of the jar after carefully collecting them one by one. He had to be gentle with them but time was of the essence as well. Joshua dutifully placed each and every petal, and as much pollen as he could gather, in to the jar and sealed it tight. He heard a pounding in his ears and the sounds of trumpets that echoed through his mind. He had to hurry. There was only one location left, the Sepulcher.

Joshua alit near the church and hurried inside. The stone staircase leading down to the vault was cramped and dark but Joshua rushed down the stairs having folded his wings neatly in to his jacket. The lone grave was covered with the most ornately carved stone. Joshua had heard of it but had never seen it. Time was running out so he could only glance at it as he hurried to the collection of medicine bottles on the shelves at the side of the room. Passing by, Joshua noticed the inscription on the stone, “Madre Tierra”. The stone was carved in the likeness of the most beautiful woman the Earth had ever known. Her face was so lifelike, her lips barely parted, as if she wsa about to speak. Joshua was touched at his very core.

Rushing now, Joshua added the final ingredient to the tincture creating the needed Sangue de Terra. The pounding in his temples nearly knocking him off his feet, the blaring of the trumpets making his eyes vibrate, he gently poured the tincture through the lips of the stone monument.

Silence. All was quiet, save for the sound of a distant beating heart, healthy and strong.

The headlines the following day read, “Mother Earth dodged a bullet”, and, “Enormous bird-like creature seen flying near ancient church”

The End.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I like that!

You know...I wish I were a publisher. I'd get all the ATS short stories together in one book and put it on the market.

And if any of you are publishers, I expect a cut when you use my idea.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Really a fun read and of course I loved the bird take on it.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I like that!

You know...I wish I were a publisher. I'd get all the ATS short stories together in one book and put it on the market.

And if any of you are publishers, I expect a cut when you use my idea.

Thank you very much!

I hate to say it, but that idea has gone around once or twice before. But, its still a good idea and I like it every time I hear it. :-)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Really a fun read and of course I loved the bird take on it.

Thank you very much! It is appreciated.

I had to throw a tickle in there somewhere. I hate to admit it, but, I sort of snickered to myself at the idea of God using Western Union. :-)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Vroom - your stories are always a great read. As usual, well written!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A wonderful read Vroom!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
Vroom - your stories are always a great read. As usual, well written!

Coming from someone who writes as well as you - I consider myself formally complimented. Thank you. :-)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
A wonderful read Vroom!

Thank you so much! :-)

new topics

top topics

join