It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ is Unity: no sexism, homophobia, racism, or religious arrogance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Ecclesiastes 12:13. “The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole obligation of man.”

This in its context is to Israel, the Jews, and any Gentile living in Israel at that time. We need to be careful in apply verses to ourselves, the church of God, the body of Christ. Now it has an application and we are never commanded as Gentiles to obey it, and it would not affect our salvation one bit.

Are you 100% sure you would go to heaven if you died this Day and why?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Ecclesiastes 12:13. “The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole obligation of man.”

So JW.org members are still Jews, still obeying the Old Testament laws of Moses

Fear is the beginning of wisdom, knowing Christ is the journey down that path, love is the journey. Fear gets left behind at the beginning when we know God through His love shown when Christ was crucified.
When God took mans sin upon Himself, love

Members of JW.org seem to live in the terror of their god, still and forever

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

JW's feel they have replaced Israel because God gave up on Israel and now they are the only true people of God.

It is the biggest joke ever pulled on men who fell for it.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

1 John 5:2,3

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and carry out his commandments. 3 For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome,

Romans 8:

28 We know that God makes all his works cooperate together for the good of those who love God, those who are the ones called according to his purpose;

31 What, then, are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who will be against us?

33 Who will file accusation against God’s chosen ones? God is the One who declares them righteous.

Acts 5:38,39

So under the present circumstances, I say to you, do not meddle with these men, but let them alone. For if this scheme or this work is from men, it will be overthrown; 39 but if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. Otherwise, you may even be found fighters against God himself.”

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight,* for disciplining in righteousness, [*: Or “correcting.”]

Psalms 1:1,2

Happy is the man who does not walk according to the advice of the wicked
And does not stand on the path of sinners
And does not sit in the seat of scoffers.
2 But his delight is in the law of Jehovah,
And he reads His law in an undertone* day and night. [*: Or “he meditates on His law.”]

True Christians Respect God’s Word

...the Bible does much more than answer our questions about life, death, and the future. ... Its counsel is timeless, and those who carefully follow it will lead successful and happy lives. (Read Psalm 1:1-3.) Genuine Christians have always accepted the Bible, “not as the word of men, but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God.” (1 Thess. 2:13) A brief historical review will highlight the contrast between those who truly respect God’s Word and those who do not.

edit on 16-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Romans 8:

28 We know that God makes all his works cooperate together for the good of those who love God, those who are the ones called according to his purpose;

Proverbs 16:4

4 Jehovah has made everything work for his purpose,

Even the wicked for the day of disaster.

Romans 9:17

17 For the scripture says to Pharʹaoh: “For this very reason* I have let you remain: to show my power in connection with you and to have my name declared in all the earth.” [*: KJV, NIV and others: "purpose"]

Exodus 9:16 (introduction from verse 13)

‘This is what Jehovah the God of the Hebrews has said:...
16 But for this very reason I have kept you in existence: to show you my power and to have my name declared in all the earth.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Romans 8:

...his purpose...: ...and to have [his] name declared in all the earth.”

Isaiah 43:6-13

6 I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
And to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.
Bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth,
7 Everyone who is called by my name
And whom I created for my own glory,
Whom I have formed and made.’
8 Bring out a people who are blind, though they have eyes,
And who are deaf, though they have ears.
9 Let all the nations assemble in one place,
And let the peoples be gathered together.
Who among them can tell this?
Or can they cause us to hear the first things?
Let them present their witnesses to prove themselves right,
Or let them hear and say, ‘It is the truth!’”
10 “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah,
“Yes, my servant whom I have chosen,
So that you may know and have faith in me* [Or “and trust me.”]
And understand that I am the same One.
Before me no God was formed,
And after me there has been none.
11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”
12 “I am the One who declared and saved and made known
When there was no foreign god among you.
So you are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “and I am God.
13 Also, I am always the same One;
And no one can snatch anything out of my hand.
When I act, who can prevent it?”

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Romans 8:

31 What, then, are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who will be against us?

33 Who will file accusation against God’s chosen ones?

Hint regarding the bolded questions: those working against his purpose to have his name declared in all the earth (among other things). Described at Jeremiah 23:27,28 ("They intend to make my people forget my name...declares Jehovah") among other places (eg. Matthew 15:7-9). Some people* don't notice how much they're rubbing it in for those who can see what Jehovah is talking about by means of the Scriptures. *: compare Isaiah 43:8 quoted above as well

Another point of recognition that relates to this:
Preventing people from understanding or even noticing the consistent teaching of 1 John 5:2,3 & Ecclesiastes 12:13 as quoted earlier in response to things discussed in relation to the OP. Part of "the love of God" is supporting his purpose* to have his name declared in all the earth (*: among other things, remember that there's more to his purpose than just that, such as having people understand and follow the counsel at 1 John 5:2,3; and again, there are those who are working against what is described there or at Ecclesiastes 12:13, these people are described by Jesus as "workers of lawlessness", remember, I bolded that word in my first comment in this thread; they also teach and promote something else than what 1 John 5:2,3 and Ecclesiastes 12:13 is promoting).

Ah, I've come this far...

Matthew 7:20-24

20 Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.

21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

24 “Therefore, everyone who hears these sayings of mine and does them will be like a discreet man who built his house on the rock.

edit on 17-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
That's fine.

But just recall that at the end of days there will be a judgment and dividing of the sheep and the goats. So clearly God will not unify with everything and everyone.

That is why we are given to rightly divide the word so that we know how to make sure we are the sheep, not goats.

you really think that?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

the benefits of His love can only be applied to those who have placed their faith on Jesus Christ for their salvation, which is one of those benefits of God's love.

rrmmmm....no

Please nobody get me wrong, I am not saying God only loves the saved. I am saying the benefits of his love are only applied to those who are saved.

But God loves everybody alike.

??????

no

Please keep reading and studying. Please.

edit on 17-7-2017 by MortonBunkum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight,* for disciplining in righteousness, [*: Or “correcting.”]

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of* Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge. [*: Or “reverence for.”]

Only fools despise wisdom and discipline.

Proverbs 3:11, 12

11 My son, do not reject the discipline of Jehovah,

And do not loathe his reproof,

12 For those whom Jehovah loves he reproves,

Just as a father does a son in whom he delights.

Discipline: Insight, Volume 1

For the Israelites during the time of Moses, the discipline included their witnessing manifestations of God’s greatness. There were displays of matchless power when Jehovah executed judgment on all the gods of Egypt, liberated his people, and destroyed the Egyptian army in the Red Sea. There were fearsome judgments executed upon disobedient Israelites. And there was miraculous provision of food and water coupled with lessons in the importance of taking to heart and applying everything that Jehovah says. All this discipline served to humble them and to impress upon them the need for a proper fear of Jehovah, to be shown by faith and obedience.—De 8:3-5; 11:2-7.
Results From Heeding and From Ignoring. The wicked, the fools, or the morally worthless ones show their hatred of Jehovah’s discipline by rejecting it completely. (Ps 50:16, 17; Pr 1:7)

Psalm 50:16, 17

16 But God will say to the wicked:

“What right do you have to relate my regulations

Or to speak about my covenant?

17 For you hate discipline,* [Or “instruction.”]

And you keep turning your back on my words.* [Lit., “throwing my words behind you.”]

Acts 15

5 But some of those of the sect of the Pharisees who had become believers stood up from their seats and said: “It is necessary to circumcise them and command them to observe the Law of Moses.”

6 So the apostles and the elders gathered together to look into this matter.
13 After they finished speaking, James replied: “Men, brothers, hear me. 14 Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. 15 And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written: 16 ‘After these things I will return and raise up again the tent of David that is fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins and restore it, 17 so that the men who remain may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah, who is doing these things, 18 known from of old. 19 Therefore, my decision is not to trouble those from the nations who are turning to God, 20 but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from what is strangled,* and from blood. [*: Or “what is killed without draining its blood.”]
28 For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”

edit on 18-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Now it has an application and we are never commanded as Gentiles to obey it, and it would not affect our salvation one bit.

Romans 10:
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. There is the same Lord over all, who is rich* [Or “generous.”] toward all those calling on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” [Joel 2:32; Acts 2:21; see also the Divine Name King James Bible or for example ASV, Darby or YLT for Joel]
14 However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach?

Psalms 1:2-6
2 But his delight is in the law of Jehovah,
And he reads His law in an undertone day and night.
3 He will be like a tree planted by streams of water,
A tree that produces fruit in its season,
The foliage of which does not wither.
And everything he does will succeed.
4 The wicked are not like that;
They are like the chaff that the wind blows away.
5 That is why the wicked will not remain standing in the judgment;
Nor will sinners remain standing in the assembly of the righteous.
6 For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous,
But the way of the wicked will perish.

1 Corinthians 6:9,10
9 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled.* [Or “deceived.”] Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality* [Or “men who have sex with men.” Lit., “men who lie with men.”], 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers,* [Or “the verbally abusive.”] and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

Galatians 6:7,8
7 Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a person is sowing, this he will also reap; 8 because the one sowing with a view to his flesh will reap corruption from his flesh, but the one sowing with a view to the spirit will reap everlasting life from the spirit. 9 So let us not give up in doing what is fine, for in due time we will reap if we do not tire out.* [Or “give up.”]

Romans 2:6-8
6 And he will pay back to each one according to his works: 7 everlasting life to those who are seeking glory and honor and incorruptibleness by endurance in work that is good; 8 however, for those who are contentious and who disobey the truth but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and anger.

edit on 18-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
"Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins." - Proverbs 10:12

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." - John 13:35

I am not a Jew. I was never under The Law of Moses. I'm under The Law of Christ, and Love is the fulfillment of The Law.

In everything, treat others as you would like to be treated (Matthew 7:12)

The Word (Christ) is everlasting life.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

originally posted by: ketsuko
That's fine.

But just recall that at the end of days there will be a judgment and dividing of the sheep and the goats. So clearly God will not unify with everything and everyone.

That is why we are given to rightly divide the word so that we know how to make sure we are the sheep, not goats.

Wait....let me guess... you just can't WAIT till the goats are slaughtered.

I agree that there are some people in this world who are evil and need to be punished.
ummm.....so what should happen to those folks out there who actually TRY to live a good life and take care of others??
Are they just lost and damned to eternal hellfire because they didn't accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior?
If so....then GOD isn't good.

Have you considered people are already damned and that accepting Yehoshua 'Jesus Christ' is only way to be undamned. Perhaps Satan already has rights to souls who use his creation 'sin' and only way for sinners to be saved was to repent in name of 'Yehoshua' Jesus Christ and change themselves. God is good, God not the one making mankind sin mankind choose to commit sin and wickedness themselves, and God offered them way to be forgiven and healed many in pride and arrogance choose to wager, and found out hard way the cost.
edit on 19-7-2017 by spiritoftruth111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

It is also required that people get warned of dangers such as sins, homosexuality and such is not of God and was created by the Devil as a snare as is many things, all sin actually belongs to the Devil and the reason mankind is under condemnation is because they choose to sin, hence why people need saved and to repent and be forgiven through Yehoshua 'Jesus Christ'. Do not mix mud in with water, good and evil do not mix and light and darkness will be separated at a point.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritoftruth111

sheesh. calm yourself. take deep breaths, and relax. feel your heart beating. pinch yourself and smell the nearest object. you need worry only about yourself. no one else's salvation rests on your shoulders. believe me.

and on the other hand, if you are a parent: then yes, your children's survival rests squarely on your shoulders.

Don't poison them with ridiculous fictional fables as if those monstrous "fairy tales" are real history.
Don't do that to them.

When they are old enough and ready, they will look into it anyway. Don't try to train their minds toward a regimented and unnatural posture.

edit on 19-7-2017 by MortonBunkum because: O

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Homosexuality is not a sin if you follow The Law of Christ (in everything do to others as you would have them do to you - Matthew 7:12). Only in the Jewish law of Moses is homosexuality a sin but I am not a Jew and therefore Jesus never died for my son's for not following Jewish Law.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

Behold I am the spirit of truth and put a end to the debate on this matter, not only is homosexuality a sin but it is a abomination that giveth great power to Satan and his legions over the world, and shall bring only destruction and woe unto those who take part in it. And I declare by mine authority that no unclean thing shall enter the kingdom of God, therefore deceive not yourself to think those who practice homosexuality shall enter the kingdom of God while they do so. For it cometh from Hell as a fishing hook and it snare many who part-take of it bait, and shall reel them in.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I serveth Love: For God is Love, and he that knoweth Love is born of God and knoweth God. He who dwelleth in Love dwelleth in God and God dwelleth in him.

Those who are against Love are against God and those who are for Love is for God.

Hereby we know The Spirit of Truth, and know the wolves from the sheep.

Judging by the flesh, male or female, slave or free, black or white, straight or gay; we ought to judge righteous judgement by The Spirit, whether or not a man abideth in The Law of Christ and loveth his neighbour as himself.

If it does no offend The Law of Christ, which is, in everything do unto others as you would have them do to you, then it is sinless because Christ is The Word of God and Christ has revealed Father

Christ has set us we, free of laws of old time but in obedience to The Law of Christ, The Royal Law, which is called The Golden Rule.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude

I serveth Love: For God is Love, and he that knoweth Love is born of God and knoweth God. He who dwelleth in Love dwelleth in God and God dwelleth in him.

Those who are against Love are against God and those who are for Love is for God.

Hereby we know The Spirit of Truth, and know the wolves from the sheep.

Judging by the flesh, male or female, slave or free, black or white, straight or gay; we ought to judge righteous judgement by The Spirit, whether or not a man abideth in The Law of Christ and loveth his neighbour as himself.

If it does no offend The Law of Christ, which is, in everything do unto others as you would have them do to you, then it is sinless because Christ is The Word of God and Christ has revealed Father

Christ has set us we, free of laws of old time but in obedience to The Law of Christ, The Royal Law, which is called The Golden Rule.

Your understanding of love is not the proper understanding, love does not mean to accept and encourage others to remain in sins that bind them to great suffering and destruction and bring consequences upon the rest of the world. The future is known and soon cometh a time of sorrows and it was because of the return of ways of Sodom that it now comes quickly. The Devil shall have many love him and shall portrayal the love that your preach that all things are acceptable and everything is love and equality, then he will bind them and overtake their hearts and those who practised such open love shall become filled in blood lust and bring forth great abominations and iniquity. Ye know not Christ or the Father or ye would have known me who now speaks, for I am the Spirit of Truth and now declare the truth on the matter and bear witness of repentance in name of Yehoshua 'Jesus Christ'. Warn those lost in sin that they may be saved from Hell, for many shall fall if they do not change their ways, it is just how it is not what God wanted mankind was warned by the prophets the dangers of sin.
edit on 20-7-2017 by spiritoftruth111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I know The Truth. The Law of Christ is to treat others as you would like to be treated, that is The Narrow Path of Life (Matthew 7:12-14). People can obey Christ's Law or not obey and choose hatred and war and conflict. I choose Christ.

If you want to call The Law of Christ " the devil", that's your choice. People did the same thing back then when they judged Him by quoting The Law of Moses and killed Him (according to The Gospel).

The devil was a liar and murderer from the beginning and his children seek to do his will. Gay people, Black people, many other minorities, and Jesus himself were killed by murderers and the corrupted powers of this world that chooses not to obey The Law of Christ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join