It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Large Fire In England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This one is in Weybridge in Surrey which is on the outskirts of London. Weybridge Hospital is the scene of what is described as a huge blaze. A local Counciler on BBC Radio News has just said that the building has been completely destroyed. He also said that there were very few people in the building when the blaze started and everyone is safe.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

geez, what the hell is going on over there these days?

hope everyone is ok.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

It seems that this hospital is a day care establishment and no patients stay overnight, which is something to be very thankful for.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry to be that person but...there are fires every day....huge ones...some make the news but this is allegedly a conspiracy site not the msm. Surely we're not going to have a thread each time there's a fire? If we're going to start regurgitating daily news from The Sun and the like then ATS is truly doomed!

edit on 11-7-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Fair point. I would only say that there may possibly be a larger conspiracy in England where fire safety has been sacrificed for profit, in the case of local government contracts. So for the moment it is worth watching any large fires in buildings that are under local government control.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Probably right about the fire safety issue but coincidentally there was a fire started at the Royal Stoke University Hospital in early June. The building where the fire was started was evacuated and one person died although its not clear if it was because of the fire.

It was supposedly arson because someone was arrested for that one as well as a fire at the toilet block at Staffordshire University College. The two buildings aren't too far apart.
Can't remember much else and I don't suppose they'll publish any details until the guy goes to court but I'll keep an eye out.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Does it have the same siding as the apartment building?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I know there are fires across the world in every city, every day, but it's hard not to have sympathy for the people of London and surrounding area. They've been through enough already.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I know there are fires across the world in every city, every day, but it's hard not to have sympathy for the people of London and surrounding area. They've been through enough already.

Ayy, they were asking for it!
Just look at the way they were dressed!

No, seriously though. Invite horrible criminals into your homes, get horrible crimes.

It's happening in every major city.

Two hundred years ago, any one of you would have taken criminals out back and buried them yourselves. That's what decent folk do. Save the community. Tribes can't exist without decent folk. Cities can't survive.
edit on 11-7-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

There has been no mention of this building having the same suspect cladding, but that was exactly the point I was making to the commenter that questioned this subject's validity.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I'll be watching this closely.
edit on 12-7-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Sorry to be that person but...there are fires every day....huge ones...some make the news but this is allegedly a conspiracy site not the msm. Surely we're not going to have a thread each time there's a fire? If we're going to start regurgitating daily news from The Sun and the like then ATS is truly doomed!

The last one was only a big deal because the fire hazards were well known and ignored.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

good to hear that no one was killed in this one

in my opinion, there is something wrong with the safety regulations in the UK, i noticed that most if not all of the old buildings that are two or three levels have their floors made out of wood and that makes it easy for the fire to spread so fast.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Fair point. I would only say that there may possibly be a larger conspiracy in England where fire safety has been sacrificed for profit, in the case of local government contracts. So for the moment it is worth watching any large fires in buildings that are under local government control.

Sadly I think you are right particularly with regard to a dont-give-a-f attitude in relation to the masses and the nobodies. That is a conspiracy in itself to allow such attitudes to creep into the top end of society.

Notice how few if any of the 1% ever suffer these tragedies. When was the last time someone worth say .... $100m or more was killed in a terro attack, a plane crash, a motor vehicle prang, a fire, shot, mugged, assaulted by a nutcase etc.

When was the last time there was an explosion in a wealthy suburb, a major fire, bomb threat, a lock down, soldiers in their streets etc?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

No, seriously though. Invite horrible criminals into your homes, get horrible crimes.

Two hundred years ago, any one of you would have taken criminals out back and buried them yourselves. That's what decent folk do. Save the community. Tribes can't exist without decent folk. Cities can't survive.

funny you say that cos about 10 years I watched a doco on TV about drugs in some south American country. The problems had reached a local village and 2-3 kids had gone out become addicted. They were creating a nucince to the rest of village concerned and other neighboring villages.

The village elders met and decided they would get no help from the govt or anyone else so they had to solve the problem themselves.

One day the took the young blokes out into the bush using some guise and bang, bang, bang.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

funny you say that cos about 10 years I watched a doco on TV about drugs in some south American country. The problems had reached a local village and 2-3 kids had gone out become addicted. They were creating a nucince to the rest of village concerned and other neighboring villages.

The village elders met and decided they would get no help from the govt or anyone else so they had to solve the problem themselves.

One day the took the young blokes out into the bush using some guise and bang, bang, bang.

I'd like to see that documentary. That's how the world used to work, back before it started coming unglued.

Take care of yourselves- that includes your family and community, and it doesn't just mean well wishes.

We have to solve our own problems.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If I am not wrong (please correct me if I am), this is posted under the Other/Current Events forum. If it's conspiracy only you seek, stick to the conspiracy forums and don't bother reading any other. Fairly simple IMHO.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think it's the same as the London market fire. Let's say I'm a developer, why go through all the hoops of demolition and trouble from the locals who you are depriving of the said buildings and infrastructure. Just torch the place, can't argue or protest to save the place as it's gone up in flames with a "ooo sorry it must have been a fire hazard".
Ground cleared for up market developments without all those pesky public people trying to save the place.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

I'd like to see that documentary. That's how the world used to work, back before it started coming unglued.

Take care of yourselves- that includes your family and community, and it doesn't just mean well wishes.

We have to solve our own problems.

I did not record it but it would have been something like panrama etc.

yes we have to solve our own problems because nobody else will and the place to start is to pressurize local politicians. Set an example by writing (NOT emailing) local politicians request (not deamand) they make statements in the legislature and in the media. Monitor their ACTIONS in terms of their response. Write again saying you approve or dont approve of their actions to date, just to let them know your are wataching them.

Gat as many people as possible to do this what i am suggesting to you, or something similar.

bestaluck

top topics

join