It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon bill decriminalizes possession of Drugs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't think there are many functional addicts going to work, because if that were the case then they would be taking so many days off to recover or efficiency/competence levels would drop that their employer would be asking questions, or finding those special HR ways to fire them.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
He was a real Zombie!! and so was Austin Harrouff. The man they showed on Dr. Phil was a fake and I am certain! Rudy Eugene took multiple center mass shots and did not respond until they finally put a bullet in his brain. Austin did not respond to multiple taser deployments at all while he was chewing on the remains of the couple he killed. Why would they even take him into custody while so many unarmed Americans are shot for no reason every year?? Because they needed a live specimen to study thats why!

Either way, bath salts, PCP, meth, heroin, coc aine and those types of drugs need to stay illegal. Anybody who wants to be a responsible drug user can be because they already are while its illegal. As it is, those drugs destroy too many lives on a magnitude much greater than responsible users. Legalize it, all hell breaks loose in America.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Legalize it, all hell breaks loose in America.

And that's exactly what the powers that be WANT!

Why is it people just don't get it? When we 'beg' the government for something? They're MAKING US BEG - just to give us what THEY WANT in the end. Do you really think people are going to STAND against the PTB when they're so freakin' high they don't know one end of a gun from the other?

Yeah, give 'em what they want so we can control them even more.

Like the LGBXYZ crap. The PTB want us ALL THE SAME. NO gender, no culture, no religion etc. So they can CONTROL us.

But nope - the gay/trans feel they've fought for their 'rights' and won. Not. Asshats.

Anyway - people are just so willfully ignorant at times.

And I agree - they needed that guy alive to study him.

Added not - Please don’t comment on my transgender comment. I’m using it as an example but I don’t want to throw the thread off.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
Yes there are many functional addicts in the workplace. Ever ate at the over priced cheesecake factory?? It is always full of business. The friend I spoke of worked there for many years, and got his dope from multiple co-workers. Some of them sold the rock already made, others only sold the powder. The point was, at least a dozen employees were involved as users or dealers. I stopped picking him up from work when I noticed cameras added to the parking lot and police staking out nightly.

That # is not worth ten dollars a night of gas money. They pull me over with him in the car in possession, I would be taken down as well.

At a Chipotle I worked at, they would take their marijuana and powder breaks outside by the dumpster, didn't even try to hide it.

Many of the well respected food service businesses no longer do drug tests or run background checks. Trust me, the addicts are everywhere, but it does not mean the home life is not also a wreck and family and friends are not suffering the consequences.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I don't think there are many functional addicts going to work, because if that were the case then they would be taking so many days off to recover or efficiency/competence levels would drop that their employer would be asking questions, or finding those special HR ways to fire them.

You have obviously never been addicted to heavy drugs. You would be surprised how many functioning addicts there are out there.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Aliensun

Thanks for a bit of sanity in all this.

Pot? Sure.

All the rest?

NO WAY!

Seriously? This is what you want 'legal'? Why not just go out and shoot them and put them out of their misery.

You stupid sogs.

Agreed but why make them criminals
because they have addiction issues ?
They are going to find and use the drug whether legal
or not.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I've never seen or heard of any at my workplaces over the last 40+ years.
edit on 17CDT11America/Chicago057111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I don't know about your work place. In general, they keep it secret. After all, drugs are illegal.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I don't know about your work place. In general, they keep it secret. After all, drugs are illegal.

Drug use shows up in different ways, it would be obvious.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Drug use shows up in different ways, it would be obvious.

Eventually it becomes obvious. Called a bottom, most people addicted to drugs end up losing everything, but don't start there. Like any other bad habit it begins small, builds slow, eventually consuming everything.

Like a forest fire.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
He was a real Zombie!! and so was Austin Harrouff. The man they showed on Dr. Phil was a fake and I am certain! Rudy Eugene took multiple center mass shots and did not respond until they finally put a bullet in his brain. Austin did not respond to multiple taser deployments at all while he was chewing on the remains of the couple he killed. Why would they even take him into custody while so many unarmed Americans are shot for no reason every year?? Because they needed a live specimen to study thats why!

Either way, bath salts, PCP, meth, heroin, coc aine and those types of drugs need to stay illegal. Anybody who wants to be a responsible drug user can be because they already are while its illegal. As it is, those drugs destroy too many lives on a magnitude much greater than responsible users. Legalize it, all hell breaks loose in America.

Legalize it, and the hell that is drug addiction in society today evaporates, along with the environment that makes it so dangerous.

All those gangs that cause terror throughout America run out of funds. And eventually the cartels will have to move onto something else or quit altogether when their money starts to dry up.

The addict who's going to get whatever they want anyway, now gets a standardized, safe product. And while they're being educated on their drug of choice, treatment options are given to them as well. Overdoses drop, use among young people drops, and the crime rate across America drops.

And we all sit back and laugh at how people at one point thought that all hell would break lose when people reclaimed the liberty to ingest any substance they want.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Who's begging the government for anything? I'm talking about reclaiming a right that was lost through fear and manufactured hysteria.

And has led to the destruction of a large segment of society.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Oh, that's so sweet. What a lovely story. But yea, decriminalize drugs! Oregon will be stoner central!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Oh, that's so sweet. What a lovely story. But yea, decriminalize drugs! Oregon will be stoner central!

Don't know about sweet, but it's most definitely what should have happened.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think people are overlooking the issue of legalization and supply. If legalization occurs people cant expect the government to just ok the use of illicit drugs. They are going to standardize production of the drug, setting quality control standards, dosage standards, use standards etc.

The government is not going to just allow a basement maker to sell his product. There will be industry regulation and anyone thinking that wont happen are sorely mistaken.

Because of those issues, illegal drugs are still going to be present. People doing these drugs are not going to accept limitations in terms of how much they can use on a daily basis, let alone restricting the dosage they use.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

IMO 'asking' the gov for anything - especially something that should already be ours (at least pot) - is the same as begging.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

correct the cartels do move on to something else. They open up shops dedicated to the selling of legal drugs, move a handful of their more educated pushers into the store fronts while the rest of them work over the business of their competitors. This is already happening with pot shops in the recreational states.

Cartels have a big presence in the legal world too you know, because the people who run them are brutal, but smart.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Aliensun

Thanks for a bit of sanity in all this.

Pot? Sure.

All the rest?

NO WAY!

Seriously? This is what you want 'legal'? Why not just go out and shoot them and put them out of their misery.

You stupid sogs.

I'm sorry but you miss the point entirely! Making a drug illegal does NOTHING to solve the problem! If it did then we would no longer have a drug problem, now would we?

Alcohol prohibition also did NOTHING to solve the drinking problem and infact made matters worse! Gangs took over the industry and all the usual crime that went with that. It's why eventually the war on alcohol ended!

This is how it should be... All drugs legal and regulated (to make sure quality is good and clean), taxed (to fund rehibilitation programmes/health issues).

1: You save money NOT locking people up. You divert said money again to rehibilitation/healthcare.

2: People don't die from bad/dirty drugs!

3: Strength is regulated and clearly stated on packets, much like alcohol and therefore less people die from overdose! On the street you have no idea about purity!

4: Criminal gangs no longer earn any money from this!

Think about this... If all drugs were legal and available tomorrow at your local store, would you go and get yourself a crack or heroin addiction tomorrow? Don't be daft...

People who do these drugs need HELP, they have an illness! It's like locking someone up because they have cancer! Destroying any remaining life they might have!

Prohibition, doesn't work!

If you are really interested to see the results from decriminalizing hard drugs we already have a very good example... Look into Portugals drug policy for about the last 15-20 years...

Let me find a youtube clip for you regarding it, you should find it very surprising...

EDIT: youtu.be...

There you go, sorry on my phone and can't embed... It also has the ex president of Columbia in this short documentary, he knows a thing or two about hard drugs! He WAS like you on steroids! He took out Escabar!

His conclusion? Doesn't work... Need to regulate...
edit on 13-7-2017 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Don't be so sure, when they can't get the drugs is when it might become apparent, other than that they can cruise through.
I had a friend, seemed quite normal, he ended up with a broken rib and an infection..I was surprised to see him in his hospital bed with a 6 pack beside it(prescription label attached)..turns out he is a 100% functional alcoholic, I never knew ..or saw him intoxicated.
edit on 13-7-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Legalisation yes..decriminalisation less so in my opinion, it's a degree of separation that does not require govt standards.
Decriminalisation simply no longer criminalises what is already going on, and never going to stop.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join