It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about Trump Jr. and Jarred Kushner having lied to you about Russia?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Going by loose lefty definitions, I'll be colluding with a glass of vodka later on tonight.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I'm a still waiting for it to play out and to see whether we have the whole story, but yes, at this point I'd say I'm a little disappointed that they were stupid enough to take the bait, but does it affect my support? Not really. We don't know whether Trump himself was aware of this (seems probable that he was), but regardless, I never thought Trump was a saint or anything close to it. I decided to support him based on policy, both his and those of his opponents, and this isn't enough to offset that.

edit on 11-7-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Again, I am not upset if they colluded. I am upset they did not come clean on this before now. They were obviously hoping this would not come out. If you actually read the email it was an attempt at collusion even if it failed and then they withheld telling the public about it.

It is scummy.

I hope Putin did not try and blackmail the President with this and the WH leaked it to get out from under it.

edit on 11-7-2017 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
*How do you feel about Trump Jr. and Jarred Kushner having lied to you about Russia?

Pretty grim ?

US President Donald Trump's son has released an email chain showing he was keen to accept "sensitive" information on Hillary Clinton from a Russian national.

Publicist Rob Goldstone tells Donald Trump Jr that there is information that is "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr Trump".

Mr Trump Jr replies: "If it's what you say, I love it." The emails led to a meeting in New York with a Russian lawyer. It appears to be the first confirmation that a Trump associate attended a meeting in the expectation of being handed sensitive information from Russian officials.

US officials are currently investigating alleged Russian meddling in the US election. President Trump issued a brief statement in support of his son, describing him as "a high-quality person" and applauding his transparency.

Auntie beeb
It's all extremely dodgy...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As an imperfect human who has lied in the past, and will lie again, it would be two-faced of me to act indignant.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Same way I feel about Obama lying, Clinton lying, Bush lying, Blair lying, Cameron lying, Tony Abbott lying, Julia Gillard lying etc. Politicians are vile, they lie for their job. There has not been an honest leader in the western world who truly believes they are there to serve for decades (or ever).

This is why we vote for people like Trump because we feel even a bad and dirty change is better than the same old BS.... At least Trump is not afraid to make changes and rock the boat, just a shame he doesn't rock it in a different way.

Cut politicians pay by 2/3rds remove the majority of their perks and pension entitlements and see what type of people start moving into politics... Money and power attract the wrong kind of people to the public service.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Should Comey be reinstated if he was aware of DTJ emails and meeting?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

me too..... Donald Jr, & Kushner were not engaging the Russians with the intention of betraying America--- they were engaged in establishing contacts/info/and befriending Russians with some-sort-of-clearances to create 'intel' pipelines outside what was 'proper' for the POTUS to have...

both those engaged young persons... evidently lost their 'common sense' ...as viewed from a prosecutors' eyes

but it seems neither had access or knowledge of sensitive info that the Russians were clamoring for...

the Russians were also operating beyond protocol to establish a channel of trusted communication

unlike operation 'Fast-&-Furious' ...or the 'Benghazi' fiasco & traitorous actions... the murder of the Libyan Leader and the earlier extermination of Saddam H...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think it's just a distraction to cover up the fact that Donald Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream while everyone else only gets one. It's not fair & hurts my feelings.

In all seriousness, I believe its just another lame attempt by the left to try & get something negative to stick to Trump. Imo, as soon as all this Russia nonsense stops, Trump will appoint new heads to the criminal investigation/intelligence agencies & many corrupt career politicians/agency heads may be indicted for sedition/treason. The left & some of their cronies on the right have to keep this charade going on as long as possible to avoid the inevitable, prison. It wouldn't surprise me if this goes on for the next 4 to 8 years.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy

Same way I feel about Obama lying, Clinton lying, Bush lying, Blair lying, Cameron lying, Tony Abbott lying, Julia Gillard lying etc. Politicians are vile, they lie for their job. There has not been an honest leader in the western world who truly believes they are there to serve for decades (or ever).

This is why we vote for people like Trump because we feel even a bad and dirty change is better than the same old BS.... At least Trump is not afraid to make changes and rock the boat, just a shame he doesn't rock it in a different way.

Cut politicians pay by 2/3rds remove the majority of their perks and pension entitlements and see what type of people start moving into politics... Money and power attract the wrong kind of people to the public service.

Well Gowdy is not on DTJ's side so trouble is brewing. DTJ may have destroyed his dad's Presidency.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm just as upset about them as everyone other politician, or aide, or staff member in gov who has ever lied before them. This your typical white lie in D.C.

Actually surprised they didn't try the DNC trick and say do we even know these email are true?? They were stolen!! Actually surprised they released first.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: Charlyboy

Well Gowdy is not on DJT's side so trouble is brewing. DTJ may have destroyed his dad's Presidency.

We'll let ATS members decide for themselves... Here is the Trey Gowdy TV Interview from less than 1 hour ago.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

All politicians lie, it's part of their soul. I expect it, so it's business as usual. I see no reason to be upset or mad about it.

I think this quote from The Hunt for Red October (1990) pretty much sums it up.

Jeffrey Pelt: Listen, I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops. But it also means I keep my options open.

I imagine it's the same for most top business executives.

Until caught, prosecuted and found guilty in a court of law they are all innocent.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Should Comey be reinstated if he was aware of DTJ emails and meeting?

Not if it was as he said, absolutely no collusion.

edit on 7 11 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Another sign that things going south is how quiet it is over at realDonaldTrump .

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I can't believe this is even an issue! Are there real people here??

Accepting evidence of a crime is ALWAYS 100% acceptable. If that information incidentally destroys your political opponent, then bonus. Throw a friggen' party, you just won the lottery!

They were not looking to get strategic info to unfairly compete against Clinton. They were entertaining a rumor of criminal evidence. If you can't see the difference, God help you!

But it was a bust.. that's why the FBI doesn't even investigate rumors. This should all be common sense. SMH

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

He posts at 3 in the morning. It's not time yet.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

How do you feel about Trump Jr. and Jarred Kushner having lied to you about Russia?

no better than when hllary or obama did it. or any of other 535 people that are elected.

oh wait their not the ones that got elected are they.
edit on 11-7-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: justneo

the meeting between trump jr and this so called Russian national is Emin Agalarov he is a singer and business man, the only ties he has had to trump was being a sponsor of miss universe.

Emin is the son. The father, Aras Agalarov, is a billionaire oligarch and the ties between these families are far more than that. Agalarov was the one who tried to arrange a meeting between Putin and Trump while Trump was in Moscow for the Miss Universe pageant.

Forbes, March 20, 2017:

Exclusive: Powerful Russian Partner Boasts Of Ongoing Access To Trump Family

In an exclusive interview with Forbes, Emin Agalarov—a Russian pop singer, real estate mogul and son of one of the country’s richest people—described an ongoing relationship with the Trump family, including post-election contact with the president himself. Among Agalarov’s most striking claims: that he and his billionaire developer father, Aras, had plans to build a Trump Tower in Russia that would now likely be under construction had Trump not run for office; that he has maintained contact with the Trump family since the election and has exchanged messages with Donald Trump Jr. as recently as January; and that President Trump himself sent a handwritten note to the Agalarovs in November after they congratulated him on his victory.

“Now that he ran and was elected, he does not forget his friends,” Agalarov says.

there's been no evidence that this Russian lawyer has any links to the Russian government.

Lol. She's just in town lobbying for the repeal of the Magnitsky Act because that's what she does with her spare time? Give this a read:

Trump’s Inner Circle Met With No Ordinary Russian Lawyer

Most likely this Whole email exchange was a ruse. To some how falsely incriminate with out any crimes being committed to further push this Russian narrative that is totally crap.

The meeting happened on June 9th, a week before the announcement of the DNC hack. You can't "Russian narrative" your way out this one. So your theory is that Trump's Russian pals sent a Kremlin connected Russian mafia lawyer and propagandist to reinforce a "narrative" that didn't exist.

Assuming all of that makes sense — and it doesn't — what does that have to do with Donald Tump Jr's eagerness to receive material support from a person who was identified as being Kremlin-connected, who it was claimed had Kremlin-sourced documents and the casually and quite matter-of-fact statement that the Russian government was supporting Donald Trump?

Or the fact that this bunch of liars have been lying about one thing after another when it comes to their links to Russia?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join