It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about Trump Jr. and Jarred Kushner having lied to you about Russia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Xeven

Its not the first time Trump has lied, he lied when he said Obama had tapped his phones with the help of GCHQ.

His supporters did not bat a eye

This will be no different, they seem incapable of finding fault in him.

Yup, and if you read the FBI reports you'd know Obama lied to you when he said he knew nothing about the servers before we did. What if I told you they're all liars?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

It's a Nothing Burger.

Made from a very well-fed Mos-Cow.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
I compare it less to a witch hunt and more like a bigfoot or a ghost hunt. Remember the meme of the two ghost hunters visiting an 11th century German castle, and attempting to contact "spirits" in English? - that's what this reminds me of.

I worked on an indie film about bigfoot hunters about 6 years ago. This fella had an audio recording of bigfoot hooting and signaling in the woods. Took it to the University of Texas for audio examination. Biologist said it was an owl. Bigfoot hunter said it was "proof that bigfoot can perfectly mimic owls."

No amount of reason or evidence will lure these people from their chosen path.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They opted not to use the info, but never contacted the feds about a person (Hillary) doing something illegal. That may be a crime. But I'm not a cop or a lawyer, so I don't know.

Am I wrong?

Where did you get this information in the quoted text above?

I'm a news junkie and I never heard that Donald Jr. was given any information against Hillary that he opted not to use.

And the failure to contact the Feds was not about Hillary's alleged wrongdoing.

It was a failure to inform the Feds that a foreign national, representing a foreign government, was attempting to meet with Trump campaign officials in an effort to harm the Hillary campaign, in violation of U.S. election campaign laws.

It's also illegal to meet with a foreign national in hopes of attaining negative information on your political opponent based on promises made prior to the meeting, whether you get the information or not.

Kinda the same way it's illegal to attempt to rob a bank, even if you don't end up getting any money.

What Trump's team repeatedly describes as a "nothing burger" is turning out to be a collusion pot roast with all the fixings.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Okay.

then toss them in jail.

I'm not a pitiful leftist. I won't defend illegal, criminal activities.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Seeing how Manafort and Trump had lunch together on the day of the meeting in question, I'd just bet that Donald knew all about the meeting.

Furthermore, I'd bet he got a report on the content of meeting within minutes of it being concluded as well.

On the other hand, I wouldn't expect Donald to admit to that because he's a pathological liar.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If the President or Trump team have any more skeletons in the closet with regards to Russia, I would very much like them to come clean and get it behind them so the USA can get on with being Great Again.

I do not care if you kissed a Russian baby at a rally, it is time to put it out there and behind the American people.
edit on 11-7-2017 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: justneo

"Silly collusion". Really?

Legal Experts say Trump Jr. confessed to federal crime

The statute in question is 52 USC 30121, 36 USC 510 — the law governing foreign contributions to US campaigns. There are two key passages that apply here. This is the first:

A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value, or expressly or impliedly promise to make a contribution or a donation, in connection with any Federal, State, or local election.
The crucial phrase here is “other thing of value,” legal experts tell me. It means that the law extends beyond just cash donations. Foreigners are also banned from providing other kinds of contributions that would be the functional equivalent of a campaign donation, just provided in the form of services rather than goods. Like, say, damaging information the Russian government collected about Hillary Clinton.

edit on 11-7-2017 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

I guess Jr. is lucky he is not foreign.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Toss all yours in jail we will do the same in the UK and across the world everyone will toss the buggers in jail...or a deathmatch or something.
Then we can start again.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Flatfish

Okay.

then toss them in jail.

I'm not a pitiful leftist. I won't defend illegal, criminal activities.

While I am a lefty, (Bernie supporter) I would like to think that I do not support illegal, criminal activities.

While listening to an attorney defending Trump on MSM today, I heard him say that the Hillary campaign had done something similar with some Ukrainian officials or something like that, as if that made it alright.

As a lefty, I want to go on record stating that it's NOT alright just because someone else is doing the same thing.

To my knowledge, outside of football there are no instances of "offsetting penalties" where everyone gets a pass on breaking the rules. Especially not in the Justice system.

If the Hillary campaign was breaking the law, they too should be investigated and/or prosecuted.

I've always maintained that neither Trump or Hillary are worthy of holding the office of POTUS.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You think Trump will fire Jarred? If he doesn't that is kinda admitting he knew about the meeting too...or letting a liar work for you. One or the other.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

We just had 8 years of Obama and Hillary.

Anyone remember Benghazi?

Emails?

Fast & Furious?

Despite evidence, leftists ran to the defense of these miserable people.

I voted for Trump.

But I am NOT going to act like those same damned leftists by defending criminal activity.

If he did, or anyone did anything criminal, then lock the bastards up!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It may have expired on the surface, but those words have been ingrained into their subconscious, whether they acknowledge it or not, and subconsciously it dictates their thoughts.

How else can you misinterpret building a wall and keeping your country safe with - racist bigot that hates Mexicans.

How do you misinterpret a temporary ban to keep America safe with - racist bigot that hates Muslims.

I could go on..

No doubt they are still pretending to be enlightened and open and tolerant *kumbaya* to all genders, races, religions, disabilities, and sexual orientations while they exploit them for all the faux political outrage they can milk.

But that phony outrage just outrages me, now. And the source of their phony outrage makes me feel apathetic.

And that sums up how I feel regarding this topic, too.

edit on 7/11/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

"Legal experts tell me"

The bartender down the street is now a legal expert ?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

But I am NOT going to act like those same damned leftists by defending criminal activity.

If he did, or anyone did anything criminal, then lock the bastards up!

But are you inviting inequality in the application of the law based on political persuasion?

That's no good either.

Apathy about it all is the only way to protect the psyche, at this point.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Political ideology be damned!

If people are breaking the law, the same law they force us to uphold, then those bastards, be they republicans or democrats, should be arrested and criminally charged.

Toss their pampered asses in jail.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Just aweful
Like I woke up with a headache
and mascara
alone in a room

it's like they launched rockets
from my ass and
I'm not even in Russia yet

very very bad Benno

Now you tell May
what you did...

# 824
edit on 11-7-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Political ideology be damned!

If people are breaking the law, the same law they force us to uphold, then those bastards, be they republicans or democrats, should be arrested and criminally charged.

Toss their pampered asses in jail.

But we move on from those who skirt the law like it's literally yesterday's news.

To quote Hillary, we say "What difference does it make now?"

I don't want the law to be applied unevenly. I think that's worse than not applying it, at all.
edit on 7/11/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Is it illegal, no and yes. The answer is a bit more complicated and problematic right now:

Is it illegal, no, however, where it gets messy and with problems is that it was during a campaign and that those who got ahold of such information were on the opposing campaign. It could be construed and looked like they were pulling something similar to the Watergate scandal that ultimately forced President Nixon out of office.

If Trump was not running for President and they dropped this off to the proper authorities, then no.

But if you look at the entire situation fully, then one can only conclude what they did was illegal, for they have been stalling if not trying to stop the entire investigation. And that makes them look very bad and far worse. Most experts all agree on this: It is not the actual crime, that causes the problems but it is the coverup.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join