It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ups the ante against Islamic State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Airstrikes increased dramatically over Obama era. Mosul, Iraq's second biggest city, was taken from Islamic State. More bombs, bigger front, more soldiers, more firepower. Trump is not a softy like Obama. There will be far more collateral damages, but a faster pace of progress against Islamic State.

As the battle for Mosul, Iraq, entered its final stage and the fight for Raqqa in Syria heated up, the number of weapons released by coalition aircraft against the Islamic State last month reached new records. The coalition dropped at least 4,848 bombs as part of Operation Inherent Resolve in June, an 11 percent increase over the previous month's record of 4,374 weapons released, according to statistics posted online Monday by U.S. Air Forces Central Command. In the first half of 2017, the coalition released at least 23,413 weapons, putting it on track to easily eclipse the 30,743 bombs dropped in all of 2016, and the 28,696 released throughout 2015.

www.airforcetimes.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah , at least the Trump-Iraq collusion has went well so far.
Lets see how the Assad-Trump-Russia collusion goes.
Sorry , I just HAD to go there.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Hmm like another member pointed out in another thread you do exhibit some traits of a split personality.
Maybe you should really take a break.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

lol
"Grr arggh Trump how could you?!?!?! BAAADDD!!"
"Oh awesome look what Trump just did, my hero!"

To be fair, this could simply imply that said citizen has an independent mind that can support a leader and still be critical of some of his actions.

I love Trump, but I don't much care for his back pedaling o Saudi Arabia or how he just parrots Israel and KSA targeting Iran as he biggest threat. But, to be fair I pretty much expected that aspect of our foreign policy was to be unchanged, since it is not actually under the control of the POTUS, but the CIA, CFR and Tri-Latteral commission, and the private interests that sit on those boards of directors.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Airstrikes increased dramatically over Obama era. Mosul, Iraq's second biggest city, was taken from Islamic State.

get real

the "increased bombs" hit Sand Dunes in unoccupied deserts... that's long been talked about as reason for ISIS still being a semi-formidable army that slaughters innocents, Christians, Yazidi

Mosul is still being retaken by Iraqi army... if there were not Kurds -- the Iraqi forces would still be in mock fighting actions

the Donald is going back to square #1.... before Bush-Cheney screwed up the Clash of Civilizations meme (that is an actual Truism)

DjT understands the Islam death cult... its an Ideology rather than an elective religion, No-Wonder the NAZIs admired the hardline doctrines that shaped & molded an Army of people who did not question the built-in leadership & hierarchy designed to militarize a whole population... the SS were programmed after that model of superiority is the chit-chat I hear
edit on th31149981689811482017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Kurds are not involved in the Mosul battle.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

There will be far more collateral damages

Don't be dishonest if you agree with this tell it like it is.

Collateral damage= death of innocent women and children.

I'm not giving an opinion on if I agree with this or not I'm just
tired of people using creative language to cover up evil deeds.

If innocent deaths are worth it to you to stop isis then just own it.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Iraq ups the ante against Islamic State with a little help from its friends.
It's the boots on the ground that deserve the credit for retaking Mosul not those dropping bombs from the safety of the skies.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
No they were simply not the ones to go into the city. The Iraq Arab forces however would never have made it there were it not for the Kurdish Peshmerga clearing out the surrounding rural territory. In fact they did the bulk of the fighting pushing closer and closer to the city. The agreement was that they would not actually be involved inside the city though.

I have it all documented in my Mosul thread, which is in my sig still.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Yeah , at least the Trump-Iraq collusion has went well so far.
Lets see how the Assad-Trump-Russia collusion goes.
Sorry , I just HAD to go there.

So the Obama-Iraq collusion didn't go well and we all know how the Obama-Assad-Russia collusion turned out.
Sorry just had to.
edit on 12-7-2017 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Can we impeach him for this?

new topics

top topics

join