It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Lawmaker Demands Investigation into Comey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
freebeacon.com...

The chairman of the House National Security Subcommittee is calling on the Department of Justice to launch a formal investigation into former FBI Director James Comey's alleged leak of classified information, according to an exclusive interview with the Washington Free Beacon in which the lawmaker also called on the Trump administration to purge all former Obama administration holdovers from government.

It is getting real now.
House, Senate, POTUS, SCOTUS
No way they all survive

Rep. Ron DeSantis (R., Fla.), a member of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and chair of its National Security subcommittee, is urging Attorney General Jeff Sessions to launch a full scale investigation into Comey's handling of a series of potentially classified memos that were leaked to the press earlier this year.

Nice strategy for reelection. Putting criminals behind bars has always gotten votes.

Comey admitted in testimony before Congress that he leaked these memos in order to spur an investigation into the Trump administration's alleged collusion with Russia during the 2016 campaign. Reports alleging these memos contained classified information has riled congressional Republicans and spurred new calls for an investigation into Comey. DeSantis also called on the Trump administration to purge all former Obama administration officials still working in the government, claiming that the holdovers and their allies outside the White House are responsible for an unprecedented series of national security leaks aimed at damaging the Trump administration's national security apparatus.

Oh boy here we go. Perhaps a never ending line of people to testify?

DeSantis named Ben Rhodes—the former National Security Council official responsible for creating an in-house "echo chamber" meant to mislead reporters and the public about the landmark nuclear deal with Iran—as a primary source of these leaks and urged the House Intelligence Committee to call Rhodes and other former Obama officials to testify publicly about any role they may be playing in spreading classified information to reporters. Comey's behavior warrants a DOJ investigation due to the former FBI director's admittance that he disclosed private information to the public in order to damage the Trump administration, according to DeSantis. "Congress needs to press Sessions and other people to make sure they are investigating this because the American people need the truth," DeSantis told the Free Beacon in a wide-ranging interview. "If he did violate any laws, he needs to be held accountable. If you're violating laws in service of doing political warfare, that is just absolutely unacceptable, particularly for someone who held such a high position in the government."

And enter "doing political warfare" just as the dems lost everything.

Comey has gone on record stating that he "leaked in order to trigger a special counsel, which in some ways is pretty extraordinary," DeSantis noted. Comey's actions raise further questions about his ethics, DeSantis said. "Not only is he leaking this stuff, not only were the memos done in the course of his employment and likely government property, he may have disclosed classified information in this quest to basically wage a vendetta against the president because the president fired him and to try and create a special counsel," DeSantis said.

This will be troublesome for those not in the majority in dc.
I wonder who the scapegoats will be?

"Really, it has a whiff of people inside the bureaucracy who do not accept the election results, so they're rebelling against the elected president by leaking and doing things to damage him politically," the lawmaker explained. "It's unprecedented, certainly in modern American history. The way you stop the leaks is if people are leaking info that is classified, and that's a crime, DOJ has got to pursue that."

And he put the IC on notice as well

The ongoing leaks also are likely to spur Congress to revoke multiple laws that have authorized the federal government to conduct spy operations and surveillance on the American public, including laws governing the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, or FISA, which authorizes American surveillance operations. "If the bureaucracy is going to weaponize this stuff, I think Congress is going to be much less willing to give them the authority to do this," DeSantis said. "It is a big deal, and if no one is held accountable it's going to continue to happen."

And dont leave the press out while you are at it.

"The press has helped facilitate this breakdown," he said. "They run stories that say former officials say, and basically that means Obama people are saying it. A lot of times these are people who are not even in the government anymore and the media will take stuff and run with it and a lot of times it's not fully the truth." "In the zeal to get Trump on something, they rely almost entirely on people that aren't willing to raise their hand and testify under oath or name themselves," DeSantis said, adding that, "Republicans don't trust any of these newspapers."

Seems like a solid base to build a reelection on, no?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

How about we push to pass a law that limits the number of investigations that, at least, Congress can do in one year!

I'd hesitate to guess this all will eventually lame duck both POTUS and Congress! Imagine THAT! It leaves nothing but the State and Local governments and the million-person Federal Bureaucracy..........and of course, our friends at the Federal Reserve Board led by the female version of Yoda! "May the Farce be with you!"
edit on 11-7-2017 by TonyS because: add

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

How about we push to pass a law that limits the number of investigations that, at least, Congress can do in one year!

Just because you don't like who is being investigated?
Wow that didn't take long.
I guess only trump and his administration are only allowed to be under investigation?
You probably better buckle up.

I'd hesitate to guess this all will eventually lame duck both POTUS and Congress!

I disagree.
I think this was one of the issues that drove red voters to the polling stations.
I think it will get them to the ballot boxes again.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That queasy feeling Comey had in his stomach
is about to get a lot wosrse.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

It sounds like alot more than comey to me.
It almost sounded Mccarthey like to me.
Comey, Rhodes, bureaucrats, the IC, the press

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Lots of alligators still hiding in the swamp.

Maybe we will see a few more Reality Winners...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: burntheships

It sounds like alot more than comey to me.
It almost sounded Mccarthey like to me.
Comey, Rhodes, bureaucrats, the IC, the press

The left has its Red Scare going. Why can't the right have one, too? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

yeah but this could get really scary as the gop actually has all the power

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

yeah but this could get really scary as the gop actually has all the power

Frankly, the left should have thought about that before it unchained the lions. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I agree
I am actually afraid how deep this will go
on both sides of the aisle

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I agree
I am actually afraid how deep this will go
on both sides of the aisle

I can't wait.

Route them all out, even if it means every single seat.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

the corruption in dc needs to end

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If the Dept of Justice starts with Comey, and works their way up the food chain, you know where that will lead?

Hint: Obama committed _________________ by not attempting to stop the RUSSIANS from interfering in the U.S. 2016 election...and the elections in 21 states. (21 states according to Dem Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If the Dept of Justice starts with Comey, and works their way up the food chain, you know where that will lead?

Hint: Obama committed _________________ by not attempting to stop the RUSSIANS from interfering in the U.S. 2016 election...and the elections in 21 states. (21 states according to Dem Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut)

Lots of people in dc for the last 8 years will be talked to.
I would not be surprised to see the population actually decrease.

new topics

top topics

join