It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing human chain formed to rescue drowning family in PCB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Amazing human chain formed to rescue drowning family in PCB

I love bringing these type of stories here to ATS. It's so good to see what people can do - together - when they want to, when they care!

It was supposed to just be a quick trip to the beach, but the Saturday afternoon diversion to the water almost ended in unspeakable tragedy for Roberta Ursrey and her family. They were screaming and crying that they were stuck,” Ursrey recalled in an interview Monday. “People were saying, ‘Don’t go out there.’ ”

There's a great video on the link - I've not seen one i can post here yet.

As Simmons paddled, the human chain grew, with 80 people stretching over 100 yards out to the distressed swimmers.

What Simmons found at the end of the human chain, she said, was shocking. Ursrey’s mother was exhausted, her eyes were rolling back and Simmons remembered her “drinking so much water” and “telling us to just let her go and save us.” Everyone was exhausted, the waves knocking them under. One by one, starting with the children, Simmons and her husband, along with a few other rescuers, towed the swimmers to the human chain, who then pulled them all to shore.

How incredible cool is that!

“It’s so cool to see how we have our own lives and we’re constantly at a fast pace, but when somebody needs help, everybody drops everything and helps,” Simmons said. “That was really inspiring to see that we still have that. “With everything going on in the world, we still have humanity,” she added.

Some faith in humanity is restored for...today.

I'm looking forward to finding a vid I can post here. Very inspiring to watch. Do I see a Wednesday Night Movie in the making?

Great! Found it. Enjoy.

edit on 3246Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: video add

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeah, when something actually matters (like life), people put aside all of their ideologies and just act. It's nice to see when this happens.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this Silo . We need a reminder that the human spirit to help others is still strong at times.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

what is PCB? i clicked your link was gonna read the original to see what PcB was but the pop ups wanting me to subscribe soon as i opened the site i jhad to close it. hat pop ups. so what does PCB stand for?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

Panama city beach, Florida.
I'd actually planned for this summer to move and work there, overstay my visa until I got caught there, life events though so didn't happen.
Reading this story made me smile for that reason.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What a great inspirational act!

from link

“These people are not drowning today,” Simmons remembered telling herself. “It’s not happening. We’re going to get them out.”...

“It’s so cool to see how we have our own lives and we’re constantly at a fast pace, but when somebody needs help, everybody drops everything and helps,” Simmons said. “That was really inspiring to see that we still have that.

“With everything going on in the world, we still have humanity,” she added.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

A family drowning in polychlorinatedbiphenyl?

They'd be gonners.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Yeah, when something actually matters (like life), people put aside all of their ideologies and just act. It's nice to see when this happens.

Yep exactly, such a cool story, spent many summers vacationing in Panama City and all along the Redneck Rivera, just good people that live there, and attracts good people from all over that visit.

85 people thats a lot to run up and help bet it took some time to put that together, with the numbers involved this ought to be a top news story.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Afraid I've got to be there voice of Darwin here-

Q: What's a whole family doing in a rip tide?
A: Cleaning out the garbage trap in the gene pool.

I'm glad that people came together for a group of yokels, but it's a real let down to see this held up an an example of greatness while facing the current perils our species faces.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

So, next time you or your family find themselves in a life or death struggle you can just wave everyone on...

“Just cleaning up the gene pool, nothing to see here, move along, move along!

AGGHHHHhgurrglegurrrrgledeathratttledead.”

edit on 4028Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join