It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Their physical reality is that they have a body that is male (or female) and do not accept

You've just admitted that they know their biological sex. Baby steps.

And LOL at your comparison transgenderism to people who amputate their limbs. (In fact some people actually do that.)
Cutting off limbs result in loss of function whereas sex reassignment surgery doesn't. After surgery they can still function fully as human beings, unlike amputated people

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx. The human race is on a down slope to #

On that we can certainly agree.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Their physical reality is that they have a body that is male (or female) and do not accept

And LOL at your comparison transgenderism to people who amputate their limbs. (In fact some people actually do that.)
Cutting off limbs result in loss of function whereas sex reassignment surgery doesn't. After surgery they can still function fully as human beings, unlike amputated people

Theres a difference between people who amputate to save a life and a person who mutilates theyre body.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Their physical reality is that they have a body that is male (or female) and do not accept that and go to great lengths to change that biological truth rather than accept it whatever their mentality tells them.

Unfortunately you are correct in that I was born with a male body (at least outwardly) and reminding me of that is not going to change my mentality. My mentality being that I identify and live my life as female and for all intents and purposes look like a woman with exception of one small detail that didn't form right in the womb hidden in my underpants.

If my brain tells me that I should only have one leg despite my having two and I go to great lengths to change my physical reality, to match what my mentality says is the truth or should be ... they do not agree to amputate one leg for me. And most of you here would agree that there was some kind of disorder.

This is a ridiculous comparison as my situation is not quite so complex or self harming. Rather than chopping off an appendage I actually need to function day to day it's a matter of superficial details such as clothing, hair, mannerisms, pitch of voice, scent and how I choose to do the grown up and with whom. Adding breast's is not debilitating just as constructing a vagina from a penis is not debilitating. Chopping off a limb is definitely debilitating therefore harmful.

I fail to see the difference. Just because society has decided to accommodate one and not the other does not make them any less a disorder where your brain refuses to accept your physical reality.

Well I hate to break it to you but your inability to see the difference is nothing more than stubborn obtuseness.
edit on 11-7-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

The only person denying any sort of reality is you. You keep insisting that there are only two chromosomal configurations in H. Sapiens Sapiens and that simply is not true. And for the 3rd time in this thread, in addition to multiple chromosomal anomalies, you refuse to recognize the roll that specific genes play in how these traits are expressed in individuals. You are the one insisting that we live in a black and white world with 2 options while ignoring all of the colors and variations in between. Unless you can refute the actual science? I won't hold my breath waiting for you to throw off the shackles of willful ignorance because you seem perfectly happy in your bigoted bliss. Get yourself a library card and learn how genes work and how the same genes can epigenetically express variation in different people.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Theres a difference between people who amputate to save a life and a person who mutilates theyre body.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I am starting to think that you saw the beautiful selfie that the OP posted and your attraction to her is making you feel wired hence you protest to much....

(post by xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am starting to think that you saw the beautiful selfie that the OP posted and your attraction to her is making you feel wired hence you protest to much....

Has to be!!!! That's it!!!
She's so beautiful and it's really bothering him!
HAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Oh the lulz.....hahahahaha somebody got "triggered"

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

No, i dont see a lot of pictures people upload, maybe my phone or internet app i use. Besides, i have a very beautiful wife i would never change, ya know, female, she never had a dick kinda person

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Is it that they know how to use apostrophes?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Is it that they know how to use apostrophes?

Dont care for grammar nazis

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

Oh the lulz.....hahahahaha somebody got "triggered"

Soooo thats your attack, because you think your a girl and attractive? I like to call that ill and in need of a reality check...
edit on 11-7-2017 by xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

she never had a dick kinda person

ahhh I get it now your wife never puts out and this has confused you sexually.

Don't worry we all think about funny things in the shower, you don't have to then log on to a online forum and try to belittle those confident enough to make the choices you could not.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Don't worry we all think about funny things in the shower, you don't have to then log on to a online forum and try to belittle those confident enough to make the choices you could not.

And what are these said choices i didnt make?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't think he is old enough to know about adult things yet.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

From your own linked article it seems that it is a classified a mental disorder.

some of the most influential medical bibles, including the WHO's International Classification of Diseases (ICD), continue to categorize a transgender diagnosis as a diagnosis of mental disorder.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

And what are these said choices i didnt make?

Sorry dude I normally charge a hourly rate for that kind of advice if you would like I could PM you with my contact details and we can discuss your confused sexuality.

(post by xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join