It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

I am sure you will agree that it certainly can be a mental or a physical disorder.

Not a mental disorder, but definitely a social disorder.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx
I have a solution, lets send all transgenders to an island or big chunk of land, feed them, house them until we figure this out

Hey you might be onto something here! It would probably end up being a lot like Themyscira, ya know where Wonder Woman is from. It would be a tropical paradise full of culture and inhabited by tall statuesque warrior women who practiced both their minds and bodies to be prepared for the possibility of foreign invaders. Let those who bear us ill will encroach upon our lands at their own folly and demise. Yeah that could work...well at least if I was running the joint anyway.

Dont ever compare a guy that cross dresses to a hot female goddess... evvver!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Transgenderism is not cross dressing.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I have a solution, lets send all transgenders to an island or big chunk of land, feed them, house them until we figure this out

Hey you might be onto something here! It would probably end up being a lot like Themyscira, ya know where Wonder Woman is from. It would be a tropical paradise full of culture and inhabited by tall statuesque warrior women who practiced both their minds and bodies to be prepared for the possibility of foreign invaders. Let those who bear us ill will encroach upon our lands at their own folly and demise. Yeah that could work...well at least if I was running the joint anyway.

haha!!

there you go again, you don't have a clue what you are talking about do you?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Well what if she had been given hormones all her life??

And why would that happen?

Hormone blockers are to off-set physical changes of puberty - - until minor is legal adult - - and can make decisions for him/herself as an adult.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Idk. Frankly, my bent is live and let live. Ultimately, I think this is all a losing fight. Change is our destiny. I think eventually we'll all be spayed/neutered and essentially be slaves to our technology. Reproduction will be relegated to an industry, like farming is now. Farming used to be something most families participated in. Reproduction will be controlled and eventually there'll be genetic engineering, just like there's with industrial farming. Humans will be part of a vast collective and eventually we won't even be human. We won't have a reason to care because none of this will matter anymore. It's like worrying about spilled milk when there're far bigger things going on.

Does anybody still desire to swim ancient seas from hundreds millions years ago? Pikaia gracilens? Acanthodes bronni? Tiktaalik roseae? Who wants to be 'Australopithecus anamensis' again? Maybe for historical reasons we're fascinated by the past, but it's the past.

So it's beating a dead horse. Nothing we can do will stop change. Me and you, we'll all die. In time, humans won't exist. Oh sure, something like this might emerge somewhere in this universe or another, one time or another, but you and me and everything we're in this corner of space/time will pass away, as most things do, into perpetual phase transition events.
edit on 7/11/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
You know all those chemicals and hormones we force feed our animals to produce more. Those insecticides and poisons we lace our crops with to keep the pests at bay. Our medications that are half ass tested and shampoos and ointments for every ailment.

This is the outcome.

Peoples children are transgender because of GMOs?

Dear god, there is a conspiracy theory for everyone, I suppose.

Why would you think or say it to be a conspiracy if there aren't any descent studies done on a possible connection?
It is not a far fetched idea if you ask me, if it's not a mental disorder maybe it's a biological disorder caused by...who knows what.

You don't have to say it's a conspiracy it can be an unknown side effect of certain chemical additives in our food. Not saying it is being done deliberately by the big corporations.
If you have ever experimented with drugs (which alters brain chemistry) and friends radically changed behavior for life because of it, this doesn't seem too implausible.
I would be very surprised if all these chemical additives in food, water, medicine don't affect a population.

edit on 11-7-2017 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

How can you say someone is born with the wrong brain wiring for the chromosomes and body they have, but also claim they do not have a mental disorder?!?!

Isn't that an oxymoron...

Obviously if all their wiring went correctly, they would have the right brain for their bodies..

I'm 100% pro people doing anything that isn't hurting some one else.. period.. go to whatever bathroom, marry whoever..

But you don't get to claim being transgender is genetic or biological and thus "not a choice" and still say there is no disorder present.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I am sorry but I am not sure what else you describe it when you mentally refuse to accept reality. And yes, it is a reality that the transgendered are born with a mentality that does not match reality.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I am sorry but I am not sure what else you describe it when you mentally refuse to accept reality. And yes, it is a reality that the transgendered are born with a mentality that does not match reality.

I think you are confused. They are aware of their bodies. They know their anatomy. Why do you think it's called gender dysphoria for goodness sake?
The OP even states that she was aware of her biological sex.

edit on 7/11/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

haha!!

there you go again, you don't have a clue what you are talking about do you?

The feeling is mutual

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So you're saying that the "mentality of a feminine identity" does not exist? I don't know what kind of "mentality" you live your life according to but I've adopted that of a feminine identity and it feels pretty real to me. Guys hold doors for me with a smile all the time. I catch dudes looking sometimes which can be flattering or creepy depending on the circumstances. I get treated like a woman in my day to day life and the only place I meet an attitude opposite to that is here to be honest but I attribute that to my business being on front street for the purpose of informative debate/conversation. So for me it feels very real despite whatever reality you're living in but mine is pretty friggin sweet... but hey cute white girl privilege I suppose, that was kind of a joke but not really.

edit on 11-7-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I don't think it is.... I really hope its not

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Transgenderism is not cross dressing.

You have a penis and you wear a dress, that is cross dressing. Your sex determines your gender people, we are not sea horses. If your born with boobs and vagina you are a female. Just because you "DESIRE" to be something your not does not make that real, thats just fantasy, if you start to believe something you are not thats called delusional. Maybe these said transgenders need to be tested for schizophrenia, now there is a gene for that.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I think you are confused. They are aware of their bodies. They know their anatomy. Why do you think it's called gender dysphoria for goodness sake?
The OP even states that she was aware of her biological sex.

Their physical reality is that they have a body that is male (or female) and do not accept that and go to great lengths to change that biological truth rather than accept it whatever their mentality tells them.

If my brain tells me that I should only have one leg despite my having two and I go to great lengths to change my physical reality, to match what my mentality says is the truth or should be ... they do not agree to amputate one leg for me. And most of you here would agree that there was some kind of disorder.

I fail to see the difference. Just because society has decided to accommodate one and not the other does not make them any less a disorder where your brain refuses to accept your physical reality.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Should they wear little icons on their clothing so you can identify them too?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Your sex determines your gender people

no it does not you are totally confused between your biologically assigned sex and your gender the two are totally different things.

Your level of ignorance in this respect is astounding and insulting at the same time.

You also fortunately seem to be the only one on this thread who does not seem to understand the difference

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

You have had all kinda sexual proclivities fir all of history..

So I would be very shocked to find out their was anything new under the sun.

I don't think it's far fetch and I'm sure their are records of all kinda stuff like that from history.

Imho the question is ..

Is it a mental disorder we can fix???

What if it is wires being crossed at such a fundamental part of the ID. That no amounts of modern pharmacology nor Jesus can fix it..

What do we do with people who have a mental disorder we can't fix such as autism??

Leave them the hell alone and maybe humor them a little.

Just my opinion....

edit on 11-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Should they wear little icons on their clothing so you can identify them too?

Lol, they wouldnt need that men wear girl clothes are easy to identify. The way they move, talk, act, like a guy trying to be a girl. Like another wrote, they are refusing to believe in reality. Telling me im ignorant because i deny to believe in your fantasy instead of reality is mind blowing. This will nit blow over in 2 decades. The human race is on a down slope to #

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Fair enough semantics..

Can't be good to start puberty at 20...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join