It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Sometime in the future lots of people will realize the following:

The Banality of Stupid

Greetings from 2017, when we’re having Peak Trans. In 5-8 years this will be over. A generation of children currently being treated with hormones and surgery for being “born in the wrong body” will be suing their doctors and parents. People will no longer say that a penis is female if the penis-haver “identifies as a woman”. The current trend of allowing male athletes to compete “as women” as long as they’re taking estrogen will be history (to refresh: male-to-trans runners, weightlifters, volleyball players, etc. are currently thrashing female opponents because women’s sports organizations are unwilling to appear “bigoted.”)

My (former?) friends are sharing memes (will they still call them “memes” 5-8 years in the future?) that compare males’ demands to access female bathrooms to the Civil Rights Movement, and women who say no to them as white racists. Liberals are insisting that sex – biology – is a social construct, that humans aren’t sexually dimorphic because of the existence of intersex people and clownfish. They pass along sciency-sounding science-denial articles that use the same rhetoric as “creation science.” They denounce “creation science” because it is a tool of the Right, and they fear the Right. Their science denial is of the Left, and they deny it’s science denial. Science denial denial.

My (former?) friends support changing the legal definition of sex from biology to “identity.” If a man says they “feel like a woman,” and someone like me asks, “what does that mean? How do you ‘feel like a woman’? Is ‘woman’ a feeling?” they rush to support the male and condemn me.

Found it on this related site: www.peaktrans.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

So more Transphobia and bashing then, cool!

Ok so I did try reading that link and I couldn't make it past the third or fourth paragraph but I do have a thought about what I did read. I ponder if the oh so livid author of that pile of angry excrement I just assaulted my eyes with who whines and complains about all these bad things happening to her ever stopped to think "Hey maybe the energy/karma I'm putting out into the world is coming back to bite me in the butt." I mean when you start getting banned, shunned and disavowed and your life starts to greatly suffer because of an opinion you hold then maybe it's time to start asking if it's not you that is the problem.
edit on 13-2-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Thank you. I've heard about the bullying and trying to shut people up by calling them a thisophobe or thatophobe, which is exactly what that article describes. But I didn't know it would come so quickly in such a knee-jerk reaction with no argument backing it up. I guess some of you people are so used to people acquiescing to your bullying/name-calling that you think that is enough to get your point across.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: TheBandit795 I mean when you start getting banned, shunned and disavowed and your life starts to greatly suffer because of an opinion you hold then maybe it's time to start asking if it's not you that is the problem.

That happens when people in a religious cult begin to offer differing opinions as well. They get shunned, banned, disavowed and excommunicated. No questions asked. Is it the person that's the problem or is it the cult that is the problem?

edit on 13-2-2018 by TheBandit795 because: EDIT: Changed exonerated to excommunicated (don't know how I typed that. lol)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795

Thank you. I've heard about the bullying and trying to shut people up by calling them a thisophobe or thatophobe, which is exactly what that article describes. But I didn't know it would come so quickly in such a knee-jerk reaction with no argument backing it up. I guess some of you people are so used to people acquiescing to your bullying/name-calling that you think that is enough to get your point across.

So I don't have the right to hold the opinion that that garbage I read is Transphobic? Feels pretty Transphobic to me, not sure how I bullied anyone, I merely called it as I saw it. Never not once tried to force anyone to say anything against their will but I do tend to ask nicely...THE FIRST TIME. What I read were the angry rantings of someone who feels as if they are being forced to do something when in reality they are simply being disowned by people who do not wish to keep company with such hate and anger. She has the right to feel the way she does and her social network and peers have the right to distance themselves from that. I hope she figures it one day that love trumps hate.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795

a reply to: TheBandit795 I mean when you start getting banned, shunned and disavowed and your life starts to greatly suffer because of an opinion you hold then maybe it's time to start asking if it's not you that is the problem.

That happens when people in a religious cult begin to offer differing opinions as well. They get shunned, banned, disavowed and exonerated. No questions asked. Is it the person that's the problem or is it the cult that is the problem?

Well maybe that person shouldn't have joined a cult in the first place, ya know poor life choices and all. I mean in a country with strong freedom of religion laws the cult is technically within their right to excommunicate a member of their flock for going against the grain.

exonerated

I don't think this word means what you think it means.

edit on 13-2-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Of course you have the right to hold any opinion you want to have. But these opinions IMO should be well grounded, as rational (unemotional) as possible, and have arguments that support your claims.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Well maybe that person shouldn't have joined a cult in the first place, ya know poor life choices and all. I mean in a country with strong freedom of religion laws the cult is technically within their right to excommunicate a member of their flock for going against the grain.

Which would probably be what's best for that person in first place if the atmosphere within that cult was toxic (they often are).

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Sorry, I did mean excommunicated.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I doubt that anyone who isn't a full on psychologist or has actually lived through this can really say with any authority what is going on.
Best we can do is go through life trying not to make other people feel like hell for stuff beyond their control.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

thing is , gender dysphoria doesnt lie solely within the genetic field , it has been shown to have multiple different areas which possibly contribute to the phenomenon.

It is not as simple as "genetics" or one gene controlling the phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
what we have to be careful of though is having society impose its will on scientific observation .

Im reading Man , Beast and Zombie, what science can and cant tell us about human nature by Kenan Malik
in this book he states that over the course of human history humans have always tried to influence society and our scientific observations of the world and have tried to bend our discoveries and observations to suit the narrative or meet an agenda.

We should all be very conscious of this , and we shouldnt allow peoples opinions or feelings to influence scientific fact
or have it shape our laws

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Except that is the science before the modern era..

The scientific method is rock solid..

We haven’t made any fundamental discoveries in 50 years.. strangely enough.. right about the time we stopped trusting in god, and started trusting in science..

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
Actually I assume it is a genetic mistake..

Some wire in the brain that should have gone left , went right in the very early stages of development..

The brain is crazy complex, it seems like a very easy thing to happen.

I’m not sure if that classifys as genetic..

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I think everyone agrees it isn’t the way they are supposed to be..

If so then they wouldn’t be having surgeries, now would they?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You do realize your bashing people with a mental disorder, right???

Do you bormally make fun of autistic kids as well??

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I have no idea, but for someone to put themselves through all that surgery, drugs, all the rubbish society throws their way. It's way beyond just a fad or fashion, isn't it?

I've yet to see proper doctors, not people who bought a degree off the net, denounce gender identity as something that's just a delusion. They wouldn't come up with treatments and things if they thought that way.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

On a purely biological sense it could be considered ab-normal , normal being the biological pairing which continues the species of male and female , if we are speaking of humanity in purely survivalist terms , then it would be counter productive to the advancement of our species . as they would not be able to produce offspring after transition (yet , as far as I am aware it is still not medically possible)

the same way gay men and gay women wouldnt be able to produce offspring to continue the species as they prefer the same sex. (of course they still physically could )

we havent made any fundamental discoveries in the last 50 years , have you been asleep ?

like really have you been asleep ?
google is your best friend

edit on 13-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I thought this thread is claiming that they do not have a mental disorder.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

and it is not a claim , it is currently not classed as a mental disorder, keep up mate
its a biological phenomenon currently awaiting further classification

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53 >>

join