It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Wow I'm surprised this thread is still going to be honest. Thanks for all the support from those of you who are allies. As for the haters I've got something for you in my pocket, it's real nice I got it at target 😉

All those who never had the chance will support you I'm sure (:

Take care.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
AH UCLA ,cali ...I get it.now.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

They almost included religion as a delusion.[/quote]

The people above were devout Christians.

Even non-fundamentalists are delusional. Look at Oral Roberts, he claimed that Jesus was going to kill him unless his viewers sent in 8 million. Oral Roberts is a Baptist, who are supposed to be conservative Christians instead of fundamental.

Essentially what Oral Roberts was saying is that Jesus threatened him for his viewers money. That according to federal and state law is extortion by definition. Anytime you use threats of force to gain access to other people's property that is extortion. Either Jesus is an extortionist or Baptists are delusional.
edit on 6-2-2018 by SickWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's mind manipulation by society. Authority figures and parents misusing their authority in not having their children conform to normal gender identities.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Can I get an amen and another massive DOW loss?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SickWave
Can I get an amen and another massive DOW loss?

Aw yiss.

- 1033 points

Dow close in correction territory as stocks suffer bloodbath ...
Market correction

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: melatonin

Really I thought that by asking a non trans female if she was trans she would most likely be offended that you thought she was a man before ?

If I was single I certainly wouldnt ask that question of any female I just met

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

im still interested in the ID and Ego side of this , identity etc

so would be keen to see any studies done using psychoactives such as mycelium or '___' on people who have gender dysphoria and trans issues in general .

If anyone knows of any such study id appreciate any news !

All I can see is this on reddit

So, I got the chance to try some ‘shrooms at about the point in my transition when I started publicly presenting as female. I was, at the time, very nervous about how people were perceiving me and it was causing me large amounts of stress. Anyway, my shroom trip was much different than my previous one (before HRT), in which I mostly just sat around thinking about philosophy and physics. I spent most of it singing and dancing and playing with my animals, overcome by a feeling of euphoria and disregard for how the people around me perceived me. Wanting to dance was a new feeling for me. The difference probably had to do with the feeling of freedom that comes with a shroom trip combined with my newly feminized body and voice. As I danced and sang, I really got in touch with my feminine side in a way I never had before.

I left the trip exhausted after having expended all my energy dancing for about 4 hours with minimal breaks. Afterwards, I met a friend at a restaurant for dinner. I realized my first few minutes in public that something had radically changed in my head in the past few hours: I was aware that people were staring at me, but it didn’t phase me. I was not especially concerned with how others viewed me.

This is a change that has stuck with me for several weeks. What caused the change? To be more specific than ‘the shroom trip,’ I think it was the realization that I am comfortable in my own skin and the feeling that the way I see myself is the only thing that matters (as opposed to how others see me). Has anyone had similar or particularly different experiences? I’m interested to hear how you interpret your experience, because my understanding of it is still pretty fuzzy.

paying close attention to

o be more specific than ‘the shroom trip,’ I think it was the realization that I am comfortable in my own skin and the feeling that the way I see myself is the only thing that matters (as opposed to how others see me). Has anyone had similar or particularly different experiences?

Just wondering because maybe a good few sessions on psychedelics before any transition has started may make you accept your natal sex and the body you already have! of course just my opinion
edit on 9-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

well do you humour the autistic kid who wants to cut his arm off , or his fingers because he doesnt like them
no you'd explain why that would be harmful right ?

as for trans-abled people , and there are many , would you allow someone to cut of their arm or leg for example because they feel it isnt theirs or not right ?

or would you allow a trans- person to surgically remove their genitals in a similar fashion

Of course I understand all of these things are considered by the medical community , Im saying comparing autism to trans issues is not a good comparison

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

im still interested in the ID and Ego side of this , identity etc

so would be keen to see any studies done using psychoactives such as mycelium or '___' on people who have gender dysphoria and trans issues in general .

If anyone knows of any such study id appreciate any news !

All I can see is this on reddit

So, I got the chance to try some ‘shrooms at about the point in my transition when I started publicly presenting as female. I was, at the time, very nervous about how people were perceiving me and it was causing me large amounts of stress. Anyway, my shroom trip was much different than my previous one (before HRT), in which I mostly just sat around thinking about philosophy and physics. I spent most of it singing and dancing and playing with my animals, overcome by a feeling of euphoria and disregard for how the people around me perceived me. Wanting to dance was a new feeling for me. The difference probably had to do with the feeling of freedom that comes with a shroom trip combined with my newly feminized body and voice. As I danced and sang, I really got in touch with my feminine side in a way I never had before.

I left the trip exhausted after having expended all my energy dancing for about 4 hours with minimal breaks. Afterwards, I met a friend at a restaurant for dinner. I realized my first few minutes in public that something had radically changed in my head in the past few hours: I was aware that people were staring at me, but it didn’t phase me. I was not especially concerned with how others viewed me.

This is a change that has stuck with me for several weeks. What caused the change? To be more specific than ‘the shroom trip,’ I think it was the realization that I am comfortable in my own skin and the feeling that the way I see myself is the only thing that matters (as opposed to how others see me). Has anyone had similar or particularly different experiences? I’m interested to hear how you interpret your experience, because my understanding of it is still pretty fuzzy.

paying close attention to

o be more specific than ‘the shroom trip,’ I think it was the realization that I am comfortable in my own skin and the feeling that the way I see myself is the only thing that matters (as opposed to how others see me). Has anyone had similar or particularly different experiences?

Just wondering because maybe a good few sessions on psychedelics before any transition has started may make you accept your natal sex and the body you already have! of course just my opinion

I agree that any transition should be after 21 and years of living “swapped”.

However , insisting on shrooms seems a bit much..

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

What if the autistic kid is scared to death of that finger and repeatedly screams and is in a constant state of distress because of some delusional issues with that finger.

What if the kid is called nstamtly trying to cut that finger off with youtube treatments???

Then let’s imagaine that this continues on to adulthood.. do you let him have a dr. Cut it off. Or straightjacket the autistic person their whole life to ensure they don’t do it themself???

We don’t get to decide what people do to themselves, only the punishment we place on doing it after the fact..

Exactly like drug use.. we don’t decide if people do drugs. We just decide wether to jail them afterward.

PS I am dead set against doing medical procedures on the psych evaluations of children..doubly so with super young children..

I think any surgeries and any not 100% reversible medical procedures should absolutely be reserved for adulthood..
edit on 9-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

removing a perfectly healthy body part , in my mind doesnt seem like a logical or reasonable or healthy state of mind
but that is my opinion

I am not insisting on shrooms but I think it would strongly help people deal with their identity , and acceptance of how they are perceived by society before and after ,and how they perceive their own identity

whether it helps alleviate the stress of society ,the anxiety , depression etc
great
if it helps people accept who they are from birth and accept their natal sex then great
if it helps alleviate any kind of suffering in any way then great
the only reason I suggest it is because the medical community is making great moves in the treatment of depression.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Of course it isn’t logical we are talking about mental disorders lol..

If it were logical it would be based off physics and evolution, not psychology.

Psychology is the study of the illogical. Lol..

And talking about psycodelics.. they CHANGE your world view. They do not fix it...

It is too random and subjective to have consistent results.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

In my experience ATLEAST 50% of tripe are “bad” lol

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

changing your world view is fixing it , because its peoples world views that are often the problem in the first place!
your conscious perception of reality can be altered and will ultimately change how you feel ,and interact with the world .
But of course dont take my word for it go look at the medical research on Psilocybin on depression. Remarkable results

and as for it being a mental disorder it is currently classified as a biological phenomenon not a mental disorder.
edit on 9-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
why do you keep posting info that is just plain wrong????? apparently you only think men cross dress ...WRONG there are both male and female cross dressers they do it because it is pleasurable and relieves stress, they don't want to change from male to female or female to male

Transgenders dress the opposite because their brain tells them they are the opposite of what their bodies look like....

so tell me what do you think of the guy who was having stomach pain and went to the dr..he looked male has all the male plumbing...but would have blood in his urine each month since puberty...turns out he had ALL the female sex parts on the inside and the blood in his urine each month was his period.....called PMDS the mullarian duct normally breaks down in males but guys like this guy it doesn't.

I want to thank the people in this thread telling their personal transgender stories to help us better understand.....knowledge is power....ignorance is fear

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Transgenderism is not cross dressing.

You have a penis and you wear a dress, that is cross dressing. Your sex determines your gender people, we are not sea horses. If your born with boobs and vagina you are a female. Just because you "DESIRE" to be something your not does not make that real, thats just fantasy, if you start to believe something you are not thats called delusional. Maybe these said transgenders need to be tested for schizophrenia, now there is a gene for that.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

A biological phenomenon diagnosed ONLY by a psych exam.....

Sure it is..

Lol..

And I’m pro-gay marriage and rights and as anti conservative propaganda as they come..

But obviously some wires are crossed lol..

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

A biological phenomenon diagnosed ONLY by a psych exam.....

Sure it is..

Lol..

And I’m pro-gay marriage and rights and as anti conservative propaganda as they come..

But obviously some wires are crossed lol..

And seizures were once being processed by the Devil.

Can you tell me scientifically what causes a person to be left handed?

Just because something cannot be proven with a "concrete" biological test - - - does not mean it isn't biological.

Science now knows Gender is not "black and white" - - but, all shades of gray.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes. left handed is genetic.

Just like autism, Down syndrome (sometimes) and being gay or trans (imho)...

Period there is no evolutionary reason for people to be trans or autistic.. even gay is kinda shady as maybe cultural, or a disorder. but there is kinda evidence both ways..

So what do we do when people have unfixable mental disorders??

We humor them..

Science doesn’t consider gender , neither black or white.. the separate cultural phenomena from genetic phenomena..

Your still born XX or XY..

The fact that women wear dresses and like barbies is cultural..

The fact women have wombs and cycles and men have penises is genetic..

Your taking the cultural stuff and smashing it into the genetic stuff.

Imho until we can successfully diagnose and fix that miswirig. You leave people alone.

When they finally create some in the womb fix is where it gets interesting.

edit on 10-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

in the passage you quote here they're talking about how much better they feel since they started hrt - that the positive changes it caused made them able to dance and sing while tripping for the first time.
When they talk about feeling comfortable in their skin and not caring about stares they're referring to the fact that any time a visibly transgender person is in public they get stared at and often abused - but because of the experience they just had, they don't mind those stares and small cruelties so much because they know what they are doing is right for them.

i explain all this because your bit at the end about doing psychedelics and accepting your natal sex makes it seem like you came away with the exact opposite of what they're really saying there.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join