It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

a reply to: Sheye

No we are asking you to treat them as human beings.

Treating someone like a human being doesn't entail having to agree with their viewpoints..

Correct. I treat you like a human being despite me strongly disagreeing with your viewpoints.

Yes... on the most part you do, but you also put me down for my differences of opinion.

It's all good though.. I'm a big girl .. I can take it , though I try not to dish it out as harshly as it has been dished out to me..

You put transgender people and children down. So it's fair play.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth
Some of you act like you're the experts with all the "correct"scientific evidence .. no question about that.

I think there is more to it than just genetics...

We are not the experts. We are just honest enough to read the scientific evidence and try to understand.
ETA - Except peter vlar.

edit on 7/17/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No one is trying to make you agree with it. Stop with that.

Really ? Coulda fooled me, cause I'm being called all sorts of names , and being touted as the uncompassionate one for not agreeing " with scientific studies " that have been truly vetted by certain " expert"members on this board.

Well, since I've been rather vocal about my position, let me address this. Not as much for you, but more for people lurking the thread rolling their eyes at how bat s# crazy this debate even is.

Putting Scientific Studies in quotes as if they don't mean anything or don't actually have scientific merit does nothing g but add further weight y what I've been saying in the his thread for days. But you wouldn't know anything about that because you have not bothered to read a single citation yourself. This is why I repeatedly call you willfully ignorant. It's the truth Ruth whether you like t or not. When the information is cited, linked and all but placed in your lap yet you admittedly refuse to read the papers, yes... I will call a sheep a sheep. And you are in fact willfully ignorant because you alone have chosen to run Willy nilly with your personal narrative and don't have the desire to potentially learn something. Hell, I've given you the opportunity to read the papers yourself and then discuss what and why the errors occur in the literature. This would only benefit you. Instead, you went on a tirade crying about Christian persecution that exists only in your mind. So once again, you get our sweet a__ that I'm going to call you out and let you know that you are willfully ignorant why? Because being willfully so is a hell of a lot worse than just being ignorant. Being ignorant isn't always that persons fault. Being willfully so... 100% their fault.

As to your petty comment about "expert" members vetting the literature... yup. Compared to you, you can bet your sweet, Jesus lovin' behind, that I am indeed an expert. I've got a degree in biology and a degree in Anthropology and have done graduate work related to Pleistocene admixture events between HSS and HN in the Levantine valley and have extensively studied not just A&P but genetics and human evolution. What is YOUR background to give expert testimony based upon? Don't worry, I don't actually expect a reply. Just like I'm still waiting for you to link all those mean posts where i attacked good honest christian folk that never appeared after you offered to provide the links.

And that's really the bottom line. I've cited multiple sources and papers. I haven't discussed my personal feelings on the topic. I've cited evidence. Evidence that you had the opportunity to refute but chose not to read and continue with your narrative. Your entire premise is based on what YOU feel but you can't and won't, support a damned thing you claim. The OP is about hoebeing Transgendered is not a mental illness and you spend 40+ pages inflating make believe strawmen that exist only in your minds eye in an attempt to distract from your bigotry. And yup... I stand behind that statement. Just because you don't recognize your own bigotry doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If I don't agree ...I'm ignorant... don't deny it DA.

You're not ignorant because you don't agree. You're ignorant because you refuse to read any citations that prove your faulty premise incorrect. Because you can't support your own position. And because you make ignorant, hateful comments and hide behind your bible like a coward. You also make inane assumptions and run with them. You allude to things and then try to back peddle by saying you never used those exact words and then do the exact same thing to everyone else. Please link a quote of me calling you repulsive since you made that statement to ReyaPhemhurth earlier. For the record, I'm not repulsed by YOU. By your rhetoric? You betcha. What I did say, and this quote exists, was that I pity you. Stop playing martyr. Stop lying. Stop building strawmen that do not exist like when you suddenly tried to claim we were trying to support gender reassignment on children which btw... absolutely untrue and complete bull sh#

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
now you're twisting things .. again... go back and read some posts .. I'm not wasting time on the he said .. she said game. Hopefully you didn't edit anthing, and I'm sure some non biased readers will identify with where I was coming from .

As far as transgender issues go , I think the judge and jury is still out on that. If being a Christian can be considered a mental illness to some, I'm sure wanting to carve up your body to become another gender could be considered a mental illness as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Some of you act like you're the experts with all the "correct"scientific evidence .. no question about that.

I think there is more to it than just genetics...

We are not the experts. We are just honest enough to read the scientific evidence and try to understand.

But by being honest enough to read scientific evidence and by putting understanding into concepts outside of religion and the bible, she claims we think of ourselves as "experts". No one here debating Sheye is so stuck up to the point we consider ourselves experts. But with her cognitive dissonance and keen ability to gaslight everyone's posts towards her, she will find someway to make herself appear to be a victim who is being bullied and will make us seem like we're stuck up, Godless, know-it-alls.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar
Sorry peter.. skipping over your posts.. didn't read any of it.😁

link   

Thats basically what I am saying here .. you live with your beliefs and views whatever they may be based on... and I'll live with my beliefs and views .. whatever they may be based on.

Don't make me agree with something I don't agree with, is basically the moral of my
posts.

I guess you haven't heard the saying,

"When you dance with the devil, the devil doesn't change, the devil changes you."

link   
Guys there is no point pointing out anything to some they will never change their minds.

"And that's why I always say, 'Shumshumschilpiddydah!'"

link   

I don't think most Christians are mentally ill. It was to illustrate a point about your claim that transgender people are mentally ill.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Heck lets just be thankful more and more folk are accepting and not hateful!.
It is getting better

"Rubber baby buggy bumpers!"

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

And that right there is my biggest complaint with her. She derides the peer reviewed data as wrought with confirmation bias but admits to having read none of it. That's the textbook definition of willful ignorance right there.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't think most Christians are mentally ill. It was to illustrate a point about your claim that transgender people are mentally ill.

I never said they were necessary mentally ill , and often have wondered if they haven't been spiritually oppressed somehow through something happening within spiritual dimensions that manifested itself into the physical.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

No worries, you wouldn't understand it anyway. Lord knows you don't want to get infected with any knowledge!

edit on 17-7-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

now you're twisting things .. again... go back and read some posts .. I'm not wasting time on the he said .. she said game. Hopefully you didn't edit anthing, and I'm sure some non biased readers will identify with where I was coming from .

As far as transgender issues go , I think the judge and jury is still out on that. If being a Christian can be considered a mental illness to some, I'm sure wanting to carve up your body to become another gender could be considered a mental illness as well.

Lmao, how did I twist anything?. Go back and read the order in which the posts occurred. I could have quoted THE ENTIRE post, and it still wouldn't change a damn thing. I encourage other posters and readers to go back and see your craziness. You DID gaslight everything. You mentioned that we thought we were experts. I asked you who here thought they were an expert, then you said "Oh, I never said I was an expert" and then I said I didn't say you thought you were an expert and then you repeat the crazy cycle by saying "You think you're experts".

Anyone that can read can see this occurred,. Just because you want to shrug it off and say that I twisted it, it's evident simply by rereading that this is not the case. But you're infamous for making # up and then saying that we're guilty of that.

Sheye's incoming scarecrow army!

You're falling apart at the seams and all you can do is deflect by saying everyone else around you is guilty of the very deeds in which you're committing. Good job!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

And now your back to straight up lyin again. You did say they were mentally ill. Ignorant, a liar and not a Christian. What's the world coming coming to!!!'

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

No worries, you wouldn't understand it anyway. Lord knows you don't want to get infected with any knowledge!

Proof she's insecure and threatened. Why else would she go out of her way to make sure you knew she was completely and purposefully ignoring your post?

Lmao.

Just so long as she has Jesus to tuck her ignorant little-self in at night.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I never said they were necessary mentally ill , and often have wondered if they haven't been spiritually oppressed somehow through something happening within spiritual dimensions that manifested itself into the physical.

You're right. You're didn't say that in this thread. So I'll say that a demon is confusing you and preventing you from understanding this.
edit on 7/17/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Listen to the words...could be big Trans heart.

"Wubbalubbadubdub!"
edit on 17-7-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I wonder how many times I could fit the phrase 'COGNITIVE DISSONANCE' into this text field?

It would definitely be a fun little venture but why bother when I can simply say it just a few times?

You suffer from COGNITIVE DISSONANCE. Your back and forth, your lying, your putting words into other peoples mouths, your strawmanning.

It's all cognitive dissonance at its finest.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I know... I'm so heartbroken that the new resident troll has taken all her toys out of the sandbox and won't let me play anymore. Whether she reads it or not isn't really relevant. That other people will read it and understand how full of her own bodily waste she is, is much more important to me. But then again, I'm a big mean anti Christian bigot so...

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join