It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Just because you believe something doesn't necessarily make it true

Glad we finally see eye to eye

but if it doesn't jive with your own, it needs to be eradicated????

Seriously? ? ?

Yes. Eradicated. Please actually read my posts to know what I mean by that! I was quite clear I didn’t mean anything about violence or coercion.

Maybe you should flip the scenario and ask yourself if that's what you would like done with your beliefs, etc.

My position is non-belief. I don’t hold belief in any dogma. No belief in any dogma that hurts our World.
edit on 11-7-2017 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wasn't trying to insinuate that your thread wasn't meaningful, I'm sure you didn't intend for the thread to head in this direction, so I just wanted to offer you a place to discuss it with less trolling.

I really am curious to know your thoughts, so stop by.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Makes sense to me, friend. The demeaning treatment, the belittling, the bullying, the violence, is abhorrent behavior for a supposedly civilized people. I would argue that sort of behavior is a more prominent mental disorder than any gender dysphoria.

I know the language of "mental disorder" and the like allows the thought-poor mind to be dismissive of others, and that is a tragedy. In my own opinion, however, I find the tales of disliking or not identifying with one's own body, to the point where surgically altering it or dressing in the garb of the opposite gender becomes a form of treatment, to be a condition or disorder of some sort. If it happens around the same time in life, around age 5 as you says, that is indicative of some kind of condition. I just worry that to wrongly classify it is to cause more harm than good.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

a study conducted by a team of scientific experts

Hahahahahahaha...yeah, as if those experts are trans gendered themselves...yeah right

What?

You have posted twice so far on this thread and from what i can tell so far you dont really have anything meaningful to say other than disrespect for the OP.

What is your problem with this issue?

If you can more than a one lined response.

How am I "disrespecting" the OP?!

Maybe difference of OPINION is what I am expressing!

I am reading bias FOR the article by the OP.

The second ATS members posts their thoughts or feelings OP gets butthurt.

Good god, must we be all sympathetic on here like wussies?

There is nothing more to discuss.

How many lines did I use? Oh, more than one. And you are most welcome

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Even then, "toxic" is quite subjective and relative to the person. If we truly want an honest and open discussion, we have to allow all forms of opinion, regardless of how extreme it may be. Let the individual discern what's toxic on their own and they can filter at their own leisure.

Asking for it to be completey eradicated, is the wrong approach, and is oppressing somebody else's right to their freedom of expression.

edit on 11-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Think you maybe wrong
Life tends to ebb and flow
Things get better then get worse again

I think we can label anything that cause hate, division and fear a toxic view, by either side
Majority opinion riles

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Ok fair enough.

Still does not really change anything though.

The cause of Gender dysphoria are unknown also gender itself is not a biological entity anyway so I would still be inclined to argue that it is not caused by GM foods. I personally believe it to be much more like sexuality in that it is a product of our environment, in my view, although like i have said it is not a topic i have devoted much time to

My guess is with all of this is extreme attention seeking.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Did I miss something or does the study say nothing about the cause of transgenders , but only addresses the aftermath of being g transgendered??

Because your headline reads that being transgendered is not CAUSED by a mental disorder..

Which I don't see how you get around it being a mental disorder when your saying you have the wrong brain in the right body..

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie

a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Ok fair enough.

Still does not really change anything though.

The cause of Gender dysphoria are unknown also gender itself is not a biological entity anyway so I would still be inclined to argue that it is not caused by GM foods. I personally believe it to be much more like sexuality in that it is a product of our environment, in my view, although like i have said it is not a topic i have devoted much time to

My guess is with all of this is extreme attention seeking.

Don't use one liners too often as it might offend some people....just sayin

As for this quote:

The cause of Gender dysphoria are unknown also gender itself is not a biological entity anyway so I would still be inclined to argue that it is not caused by GM foods.

Okay there buddy...where is your expert scientific proof of this?
edit on 11-7-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Everyone knows if you have a gay friend you dont ever mention it, if you do youre a liar?

I guess youre lying too?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: EternalShadow

Just because you believe something doesn't necessarily make it true

Glad we finally see eye to eye

but if it doesn't jive with your own, it needs to be eradicated????

Seriously? ? ?

Yes. Eradicated. Please actually read my posts to know what I mean by that! I was quite clear I didn’t mean anything about violence or coercion.

Maybe you should flip the scenario and ask yourself if that's what you would like done with your beliefs, etc.

My position is non-belief. I don’t hold belief in any dogma. No belief in any dogma that hurts our World.

No, sorry we don't see eye to eye. Your talking about the eradication of speech and expression that doesn't click with your own.

That is dangerous and oppressive, period.

Glad we could chat though. Have a good day!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

This is a good point, if theres an admitted mismatch of brain to body as many trans claim, then this is a disorder.

There arent any animals that mimic the opposite sex.

Female penguins raise the young while wearing a tux? Nah.

Female lions grow out thier manes and sleep all day? Nah

Male praying mantises beheading females after copulation? Nah.

Female seahorses giving birth? uh...well.. thats different!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Even then, "toxic" is quite subjective and relative to the person. If we truly want an honest and open discussion, we have to allow all forms of opinion, regardless of how extreme it may be. Let the individual discern what's toxic on their own and they can filter at their own leisure.

Asking for it to be completey eradicated, is the wrong approach, and is oppressing somebody else's right to their freedom of expression.

That is a really good point.

I dont think however eradicating the toxic views is quite the same as not discussing them.

Again to use homosexuality as a example, homophobia has been pretty much eradicated, just a few idiots who think a person who is in a same sex relationship has less value. Yet its still discussed, its not like we dont discuss it. There is a difference between discussing a view point and actually holding that view.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
uhh someone didn't read their own source lol

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

IF you are going to quote me quote me in full, I said that:

To which you asked:

Read what i said, I did not claim anything in that statement to be a fact rather a personally held belief.

edit on 11-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: JoshuaCox

This is a good point, if theres an admitted mismatch of brain to body as many trans claim, then this is a disorder.

There arent any animals that mimic the opposite sex.

Female penguins raise the young while wearing a tux? Nah.

Female lions grow out thier manes and sleep all day? Nah

Male praying mantises beheading females after copulation? Nah.

Female seahorses giving birth? uh...well.. thats different!

Don't forget horny dogs will hump just about ANYTHING!!! wonder what goes on in their heads! LMAO Must be living the fantasy life I tellz ya.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Everyone knows if you have a gay friend you dont ever mention it, if you do youre a liar?

I guess youre lying too?

Why, should we deny we know and associate with gays

I don't get it

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wasn't trying to insinuate that your thread wasn't meaningful, I'm sure you didn't intend for the thread to head in this direction, so I just wanted to offer you a place to discuss it with less trolling.

I really am curious to know your thoughts, so stop by.

I'll pass on that, after popping into your thread I immediately recognized it as one of "those" thread's I mentioned earlier. It seemed like a paranoid take on the Transgender phenomena as some sort of "evil illuminati conspiracy" being pushed by shady globalist's. No offense and all but I do not believe that there is anything I can or would be willing to contribute to that particular conversation.

I will say this on the subject though, is it not more likely that the uptick in Transgender diagnosis in children we are seeing is more likely the result of changing societal views of acceptance, visibility and education in regards to the subject as opposed to some far reaching "Luciferian conspiracy". You know Occam's razor and all...?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Read what i said, I did not claim anything in that statement to be a fact rather a personally held belief.

I would still be inclined to argue that it is not caused by GM foods.

Where is your argument? Every argument has PROOF! Just like in geometry you have to PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE an angle.

Btw, you have a statement mixed with an "argument"...just switch the two around and you see the flaw in your post.

Note...I really want to hear your argument on GM foods. Use the scientific method approach on this please.
edit on 11-7-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

So just let the morons be morons. You don't suggest we eradicate those with homophobic beliefs do you?

The initial post I replied to, first talked about finding solace in the fact that in a few decades we would all be dead and the new generation would be freedom open minded utopia (my interpretation), then shifted to "no just eradicate all the toxic beliefs".

He/she was definitely insinuating the opression of opposing beliefs. I don't think on purpose either, which is a problem all on its own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join