It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sheye

You should always be free to raise your children how you see fit.

I won't ever side with denying a parents right to raise their child anyway they choose.

(within reason, please don't harm children)

I would never ask anyone, would never force anyone, would never support a law that would force anyone to agree to an ideology.

You don't have to accept or even like anything!

But is it too much to ask, if you could acknowledge the same rights for gays and transgendered that we have?

I don't think many parents ever want to intentionally harm their children, and I don't see gays or trans as having a lack of rights.

Do trans children get bullied ? Probably by other children at times .. yes.
But I have also heard of Christian children being bullied in schools and not too many seem to want to stand with them on their rights ?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I haven't heard of Christian children being bullied in schools. Maybe it's underreported? Or else Fox News would be all over it.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx
Yes, ive seen multiple explosions, whats funny is you wrote something that sounded scripted. If you were over there, tell me. What was the deadliest IED that could not be stopped there?

That would have depended on the area as they had different bomb makers in different regions with different styles. They used pressure plates a lot where I was at. Hell they even incorporated old walnut shells in some of them hoping to delay the detonation until finally the walnut shells would crack under pressure hopefully taking out the patrol leader towards the middle or back of the patrol. We never encountered anything remote det where I was at. We are always looking out for the guy with the sketchers too because those would be the foot prints found at IED sites. Never found that guy either. I've been out for a few years now so I don't know if they're using something new or what but the lethality of the device really depended on the quality of materials and craftsmanship of the maker from my experience so I'm not really sure what you're referencing.

You didnt answer any of my multiple questions and your wrong, EFPs were the worse kind, couldnt be stopped, very old tech. Your fos, just so you know.
What was your military occupational specialty and describe your unit patch.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

But I have also heard of Christian children being bullied in schools and not too many seem to want to stand with them on their rights ?

I would.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I would.

Thank you for that 🙂

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Yes, ive seen multiple explosions, whats funny is you wrote something that sounded scripted. If you were over there, tell me. What was the deadliest IED that could not be stopped there?

That would have depended on the area as they had different bomb makers in different regions with different styles. They used pressure plates a lot where I was at. Hell they even incorporated old walnut shells in some of them hoping to delay the detonation until finally the walnut shells would crack under pressure hopefully taking out the patrol leader towards the middle or back of the patrol. We never encountered anything remote det where I was at. We are always looking out for the guy with the sketchers too because those would be the foot prints found at IED sites. Never found that guy either. I've been out for a few years now so I don't know if they're using something new or what but the lethality of the device really depended on the quality of materials and craftsmanship of the maker from my experience so I'm not really sure what you're referencing.

You didnt answer any of my multiple questions and your wrong, EFPs were the worse kind, couldnt be stopped, very old tech. Your fos, just so you know.
What was your military occupational specialty and describe your unit patch.

I'm sorry bruh but being just a tad bit paranoid I'm not going to give you personal information about where and what units I served with. Now that you mention it yes I do recall the EFP but in passing, the only time I ever came across the term would of have been in school or some random power point class at some point, definitely never came across one in person. Nice try fishing for my deets though. I could show you a redacted version of my DD214 with the date and time and my picture but I won't.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I didn't know the military let transgenders into the service?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: birdonwire

I was not living openly at the time.
edit on 12-7-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The three Stooges were evil for confusing the children in the 1940's.

edit on 7/12/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

The whole drag thing was ridiculous back then as well ... even with bugs.. crossdressing indoctrination started very early in television.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The whole drag thing was ridiculous back then as well ... even with bugs.. crossdressing indoctrination started very early in television.

I might just add television has never really done a whole lot to actually help humanity. A dangerous weapon to our minds and spirits and time,it has become... or was always intended to be.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I might just add television has never really done a whole lot to actually help humanity. A dangerous weapon to our minds and spirits and time,it has become... or was always intended to be.

I don't doubt it. I read a very good about that. I can't recall the name. It detailed how the TV is influencing us. One good part about it is how it influences us to become good customers, buying stuff they want us to buy. Subliminal messages and such.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

As of Aug 24, 2015 transgendered can openly serve in the Us military. There are roughly 15,000 TG enlisted currently.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien
I guess your intelligence level is just very very low.
Gender Dysphoria is a mental disorder in the DSM 5.
No amount of spin from you can change that.
You can literally quote it all day and it won't change Deaf Alien.
You can double down on stupid and continue this charade or you can admit you are wrong.

Except the the DSM V makes a clear distinction between being transgendered and suffering from Gender Dysphoria. According to DSM V, to suffer from Dysphoria, the TG patient must have suffer from distress and they are clear that this distress arises from cultural issues such as bullying, assault, depression because their family has disowned them etc...

Simply being Transgendered does not mean the person suffers from gender dysphoria because there are many of them who are keedectly happy and have family and friends who are accepting and supportive of them.

40 years ago being gay was classified as a mental disorder under DSM guidelines. Likewise, DSM C looks at Transgendered and Gender Dysphoria much differently than DSM IV did. So while you are technically correct that Gender dysphoria is considered a mental illness, being Transgendered is not.

m.huffpost.com...

thinkprogress.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

As of Aug 24, 2015 transgendered can openly serve in the Us military. There are roughly 15,000 TG enlisted currently.

Can you provide a citation please, and not Wikipedia, as I see conflicting information.

U.S. MILITARY COULD DENY POTENTIAL TRANSGENDER RECRUITS BEGINNING JULY 1, ENDING OBAMA POLICY
BY GREG PRICE ON 6/2/17 AT 10:33 AM

Though the military has been slowly allowing more women and members of the LGBT community to serve in individual cases—with three women joining a Marines infantry unit for the first time in January—the issue of transgender people openly serving has still been highly contentious within the military.

President Donald Trump, who last year became the first Republican to mention the LGBT community at the political party’s national convention, has otherwise declined to overtly support transgender people, and in February rescinded rules on bathroom usage for transgender students at public schools. That measure could have also had an impact on Defense Department schools.

www.newsweek.com...

Study Finds Few Obstacles to Lifting Military’s Transgender Ban
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDTMAY 16, 2016'

The study by the RAND Corporation estimated that 2,450 of the 1.2 million active-duty members of the military are transgender, and that every year around 65 will seek to transition to the other gender.

The RAND study said that if the Pentagon did not cover the medical procedures for service members — like hormone therapy and surgery — they would likely avoid seeking medical care and would have higher rates of substances abuse and suicide.

Paying for the procedures would cost the Pentagon between $2.9 million to $4.2 million a year, the report said. By comparison, the Pentagon each year spends $6 billion of its $610 billion budget on medical costs for active-duty service members.

www.nytimes.com...

Once again, the rights of transgender people have entered the public conversation. Rather than focusing on bathrooms — at the moment — this particular controversy stems from Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis’ six-month stay on the induction of openly transgender recruits. As it stands, transgender people who are already in the military may serve, but openly transgender recruits are barred from enlisting. This was supposed to change on July 1 2017, but military service chiefs from the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps reportedly requested more time.

www.csindy.com...
edit on 12-7-2017 by birdonwire because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2017 by birdonwire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Feel free to drop by my thread where there is a real discussion going on with this issue, because I'm genuinely curious to know your thoughts.

A link would be nice, and are you saying that my thread is not an attempt at a real discussion? From my standpoint it surely was exactly that. I can't help it if an angry mob shows up and derails my thread via mockery, ridicule and narrow mindedness. I certainly did attempt to open a doorway to a real discussion but it seems that around here what passes for a real discussion on Transgender topics is more often than not a thread with negative connotations and insinuations in regards to the Trans community posted by a non Trans person no doubt.

What you could have done is have your headline match the article your OP is about. It doesn't, so you seem dishonest.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I remember seeing an interview about 20 years ago about man that was 65 married for 40 years and had 4 children, he claimed he had be straight his whole life, then one day he suddenly had this grand epiphany that he wanted to be a woman and had the operations and everything. It was considered that this person has serious mental and emotional issues to do that at his age.

And nothing has changed.

I will say this, anybody who believes in Darwin type evolution, and sees what is going on with the explosion of transgenderism must really wonder, it is not a positive step for advancing a species.

edit on 13-7-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: birdonwire

Sorry about that. It would appear that I had the date incorrect based on a different article I had read but this is from mitary.com

www.military.com...

Edit to add a definitively non liberal bias for source- www.foxnews.com...

www.bbc.com...
edit on 13-7-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Sure it is not some type of dementia?
I'd love to see this interview on Youtube. If you can find it I'd appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

If the discussion is that personal to you that's entirely your problem and maybe you should stay away.
But it's quite stupid to call everyone you don't agree with "less evolved". If you're one of the "enlighteneds" preaching kindness and mutual respect but then use language equalising others with monkeys, ie less than humans, then I will gladly choose darkness.
Hypocrite.

The discussion is personal to me and something that I am passionate about admittedly. Which is absolutely why I will not excuse myself from the conversation. I can't help it if you feel personally attacked by my words but maybe they were for you or maybe they weren't but the point is only you know for sure if that applies to you or not. I will not be heckled away from my own thread so instead I authored a broad statement calling out the trolls for what they are and they know who they are and if the shoe fits wear it. I was simply reminding people that I can say mean things too if I believe them to be true and I do, I hold a very low opinion of people who attempt to be hurtful just because they can. I was making the point that you get in return what you put out into the world and like it or not that is a universal truth that applies to all of us. I know I know I'm the big bad tranny villain so when I use my words as weapon just as others would do the trolls circle the wagons and start pointing fingers without first looking in the mirror. So no I will not stop but I will play nice if others are willing to do the same. On the other hand if you want to come in here with garbage hate talk then I will throw right back, I'm not a turn the other cheek type of person but rather a gear up and go war type. So it is what y'all wanna make, we gonna converse or are we gonna fling poo?

I stated what I think, it's a mental illness. Of course I understand that to you, as you consider yourself god among the dogs, that must be insulting. It's not your fault like broken legs, depressions, psychosis etc. it happens and doesn't make you less human.
That's part of your problem, the delusion you're better than everyone. That you're different because you're more advanced or some bs. Forget it you might be a freak but it's not genetical so evolution has next to nothing to do with it.
The advancement of the species doesn't need you. What purpose would that serve? That's just silly.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join