It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Jonjonj

Transgender people have been murdered in hate crimes.
What the heck are you talking about? Forcing people to accept them legally? Are you talking about Canada and the UK?

So have blacks, whites, Asians, Christians, Nazis, Jews, queers and just about every single self-defined group you could wish to name.

I am saying that legally trans people have the same rights as anyone else, what you seem to be demanding is acceptance by society.

Newsflash: You can't force people to accept that which they disagree with. You can force them to legally abide by any laws relating to that which they do not accept, but you can't make them accept it morally or even on the grounds of such trivial things as taste.

Wake the f up dude.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

That's what people always tell me. I'm blind because they fail to show examples.
I am willing to look. Like I told the other poster I would stand besides him if they are DELIBERATELY trying to confuse the children and push an "agenda" on them. Like I said I don't support child beauty pageant so you can say that I am not blind.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You have yet to explain what it means to be forced to accept transgender people. Do you mean accept them as human beings? Or accept gender dysphoria?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

If I met you in a pub Phoenix ... I 'd probably think you are just an average female and have a friendly conversation with you if I could.

If you told me you were transgender, I'd probably buy you a drink and ask if you want to talk about it... respecting you if you didn't.

I would smile and reply "only if you promise to be nice" and ladies always like a free drink. I hate bullies myself and have felled one or two in my day. However I doubt you would find yourself in any of my sort of establishment's.

edit on 12-7-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You have yet to explain what it means to be forced to accept transgender people. Do you mean accept them as human beings? Or accept gender dysphoria?

I personally don't accept the idea of transgender as a legitimate argument to be used by certain sectors to create a divide in society.

You?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I personally don't accept the idea of transgender as a legitimate argument to be used by certain sectors to create a divide in society.

You?

Then nobody is forcing you to accept transgenderism as legitimate. And how exactly is it creating a divide in society? Studies are creating a divide? What division are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You?

Let me ask you then do you support a president that is being used by certain sectors to aid in creating a divide in this country (USA)?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You?

Then nobody is forcing you to accept transgenderism as legitimate. And how exactly is it creating a divide in society? Studies are creating a divide? What division are you talking about?

I never said transgender as a problem was not legitimate, once again you are being dishonest. I said it was illegitimate as an issue for the promotion of national division.
This comment is dishonest. You well know that there is an issue, being promoted by the media.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

You?

Let me ask you then do you support a president that is being used by certain sectors to aid in creating a divide in this country (USA)?

Those sectors being who? The only ones I see causing divide in this country are those that are spewing hate and intolerence for anyone who won't agree with them. LGBTQ , BLM are some of the worst offenders of this divide.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You?

I think you have to ask yourself a question here. Is it the president being used by certain sectors to create divide, or certain sectors creating divide and using the president to justify that.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You?

I never said transgender as a problem was not legitimate, once again you are being dishonest. I said it was illegitimate as an issue for the promotion of national division.
This comment is dishonest. You well know that there is an issue, being promoted by the media.

How am I being dishonest? I could just have been misinterpretating your post. That happens when I have several conversations at once and/or being busy. I am just asking you to explain how it is causing a divide in the country. Give me an example. Is it the "agenda" you are talking about?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You?

How am I being dishonest? I could just have been misinterpretating your post. That happens when I have several conversations at once and/or being busy. I am just asking you to explain how it is causing a divide in the country. Give me an example. Is it the "agenda" you are talking about?

You are not talking to a neophyte here Deaf Alien, do you think that because we don't often cross swords that I am unaware of how you present your questions?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You?

You are not talking to a neophyte here Deaf Alien, do you think that because we don't often cross swords that I am unaware of how you present your questions?

I could say the same thing to you.

Anyway are you going to explain how it is causing division? What division? I'm seriously curious as to what you mean.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

You?

Those sectors being who? The only ones I see causing divide in this country are those that are spewing hate and intolerence for anyone who won't agree with them. LGBTQ , BLM are some of the worst offenders of this divide.

Are you talking about the nutty SJWs on social media? You can easily ignore them. Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You?

I could say the same thing to you.

Anyway are you going to explain how it is causing division? What division? I'm seriously curious as to what you mean.

Division as in fractious debate, resulting in sound bites that are taken advantage of by politicians which inevitably lead to...

threads like this.

It is dishonest of you, DIRECTLY YOU, to ignore the fact that this is a debate, because here we are...

DEBATING!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

a reply to: sapien82

It's hard for me to get in the mood to be informative and classy while there are knuckle dragging troglodytes in the thread flinging there poo, call them a distraction if you will. Oh and I answered your question in the very same post you reference in that at the age of 4 I specifically remember knowing that my external plumbing was wrong even at that young age. Go back and read it again and you will see where I say this.

You are a man in a dress, gross right, 1st amendment, i did say that earlier, not the ones talking to you now.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I do not accept the idea that there should be legislation mandating the acknowledgement of subjective arbitrary gender identification.
This line of thinking is rooted in postmodernism and Marxism by extention.
Objective reality exists regardlesss of individual opinion and or delusional perspective.

What one calls themselve is one thing. Labeling yourself in any way does not infringe on any other individuals basic rights rooted on life, liberty, and property. But, this is extended and the individual extends their delusion and subjective identity to be upheld by another individual. We now violated rights of the other individual by placing a moral, and possibly legal, obligation on them to throw away biological fact to make someone feel good about their subjective identity, regardless of whether biology agrees with it or not. Then even further this is being brought up on a governmental level. No legislation should ever mandate, ban, or require speech. Especially arbitrary pronouns that are quite literally made up.

Fear of this type of legislation is not irrational. There are already laws in place in the US enforcing postmodernism such as government subsidized transgender bathrooms, or subsidized by students if the institution is a university.
Then if we look at Canada, see bill86 and billc16, they have legally mandated the acceptance of anti-science, throwing objective reality out the window and places subjective delusion higher on a scale of merit and importance. The bills are so poorly written than no one actually knows exactly what the open the door for, but ANY law surrounding speech is immoral.

Intersectionality is not virtuous. Collectivism literally creates identity politics and by extention all forms of discrimination. The entire postmodern movement is a movement toward equity/equal outcome. The polar opposite of meritocracy.

The government has no place upholding and enforcing anything that contradicts objective fact.
Chromosomes don't care about your feelings.
edit on 12-7-2017 by Jupiters because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Debating is causing division?
Well ATS had better shut down this site as it is causing division.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

a reply to: sapien82

It's hard for me to get in the mood to be informative and classy while there are knuckle dragging troglodytes in the thread flinging there poo, call them a distraction if you will. Oh and I answered your question in the very same post you reference in that at the age of 4 I specifically remember knowing that my external plumbing was wrong even at that young age. Go back and read it again and you will see where I say this.

You are a man in a dress, gross right, 1st amendment, i did say that earlier, not the ones talking to you now.

You are an idiot and an ignorant man. Gross. But hey 1st Amendment.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

You?

Yes but are those provocateurs not whispered to be funded by globalist billionaire types and might those same types perhaps whether directly or through intermediaries rub shoulders with the current self-proclaimed billionaire currently in office? Did the Obama's not emerge much wealthier after 8 years of public service? Is it not possible that the current POTUS is looking to bolster his own wealth and family name? Are people such as this not infamous for making deals and such behind closed doors out of purview of the public eye? Just saying this ATS after all.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join