It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Trump Putin collusion? Trump tries his best to block Congress sanction bill.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: nwtrucker

For what it's worth, I hope the mods give you an applause for that post - outstanding!! I wish there was a way of marking posts for ease of reference - honestly that would be a very good OP for a new thread about the distinction between globalist philosophies and global alliances and why one is necessary for economic stability for countries and the other is economic stability for a very select demographic in society at the expense of everyone else on the planet.

Nationalism vs Globalism.

Thank you, sir.

I suspect you could take that topic and expand on it far better than I. Please! Have at it...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

CNN did not admit it was fake! Where do some of you get your fake facts from?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Whats most telling for Trump and his cronies is the fact that Trump, while campaigning, would say he would have new information about Hillary soon and then within a day or two, bam Wikileaks would release useless emails from Podesta. Interesting to say the least.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Whats most telling for Trump and his cronies is the fact that Trump, while campaigning, would say he would have new information about Hillary soon and then within a day or two, bam Wikileaks would release useless emails from Podesta. Interesting to say the least.

He can only make decisions based on information given him. He was/is quite surrounded by the swamp creatures. Slowly, they are being removed from the equation.

Most are aware of that and it has existed for most, if not all, Presidents. He is and will carry it to the next level.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The article says it was in response to whether there was a schism within his administration between nationalists and globalists with the two common definitions being applied, Trump said he was both in the traditional sense. That doesn't make much sense because both are opposed to each other but either way he admitted he was a globalist in the traditional sense of the word.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Good for President Trump. Can't become friends with the most dangerous power on Earth, if you keep increasing the punishment severity.

It's better to stay alive, than to keep poking the Russian bear! US/Russia could lay waste to the planet if a war broke out between us.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The article says it was in response to whether there was a schism within his administration between nationalists and globalists with the two common definitions being applied, Trump said he was both in the traditional sense. That doesn't make much sense because both are opposed to each other but either way he admitted he was a globalist in the traditional sense of the word.

You say 'in the traditional sense of the word'. I say there IS a distinction here....as there always is with generalities and 'globalist' is a generality.

I also point out his actions follow his campaign promises, from what I can see. Actions speak louder than words, sir. I have zero problem with mollifying opposition with rhetoric...and delaying tactics even if you were correct in your assessment.

I still see your post as nothing more than an attempt to undermine Trump support. Fortunately for you, there is no one on the left of significance to undermine....

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Lol, nice question dodging. I bet you can't even answer it can you? Color me shocked that you deflect/redirect.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Trump is the most inconsistent politician I've ever seen.

Except when it comes to Russia.
There he is as consistent as a nun in vespers.
Don't hurt them don't anger Putin. Don't say bad stuff. Praise Putin every chance he gets.
While he slanders his own security people and his own intelligence people and the American free press.

It's really quite amazing.

I'm sure Robert Mueller is just soaking this all in .

yeah, that speech he gave in Poland bashing American agencies and institutions was bull***t. he sounded like some third-rate dictator from some African country pissed off at America....can't we have a president that doesn't put down our very own country while on foreign soil?.....and the right on ATS wonders why we are so opposed to this clown

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

See, you're changing the definition of the word and ignoring the context of what was said/asked in the process. Where does this distinction lie? Because there was nothing said that implied they weren't talking about globalists in the traditional sense of the word.

If Hillary had said the same thing or something similar you would probably be calling for her head but since Trump said it he gets a pass. You know that's how it would go if the roles were switched so don't try to deny it.
edit on 7/11/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/11/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

See, you're changing the definition of the word and ignoring the context of what was said/asked in the process. Where does this distinction lie? Because there was nothing said that implied they weren't talking about globalists in the traditional sense of the word.

If Hillary had said the same thing or something similar you would probably be calling for her head but since Trump said it he gets a pass. You know that's how it would go if the roles were switched so don't try to deny it.

I deny nothing as the premise is supposition only. "IF". I will clarify to this degree, the point I made, which you have ignored to this point, wouldn't be lost on Trump or his people.

In fact, the evidence of his actions confirm the distinction. To wit, using globalist monies to invest and rebuild all the while distancing the U.S. from globalist organizations, themselves.

While it 'seems' to support my point, I cannot be 100% certain of it. Further, the very fact of that admission and the lack of a similar admission on your part, should be evidence of who is being more objective in this discussion.

P.S. The is no attempt to redefine Globalism on my part. I support balance. In this environment, isolationism is a non-starter. I support globalism to the degree it doesn't negatively affect the nation. Likewise, nationalism can go too far in one direction as well.

Globalist organizations, however, I almost rubber-stamp as agenda driven and overwhelmingly liabilities.
edit on 11-7-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I think that it is becoming tiresome the way that so many people seem to be confusing "evidence" with "proof". They are not synonymous. One is a possibility. The other is a reality. And this nonsense doesn't even qualify as anything approaching either.

I'm not too awfully fond of the man, but seriously, this ridiculousness needs to stop already. Opinion is not synonymous with proof either, and that is all this is. And it's not even an informed opinion...just wild conjecture really.

The answer to the question in your sensationalized, hyperbolic thread title is, no. It is not proof of collusion. It is not proof of anything at all except that the sitting President of our country for some reason does not want to sanction Russia.

I know you were attempting to be clever with the insinuation that our President is weak or ineffectual somehow. However, laws aren't "permanent" here either. Any American citizen who's made it past primary school would know that. And any with common sense would know that the last thing we need to do is sanction Russia right now and create more conflict and division.

Try harder. Maybe if you fling enough # you'll get something to stick, yeah?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Only Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders opposed it

Perhaps the only 2 SANE members left ?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Senate voted 97 to 2 to pass bill codifying Russia sanctions into law. Only Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders opposed it. If it becomes law, sanctions on Russia will be permanent, since president's executive orders are weaker than laws.

All Trump has to do is declare Russian cooperation necessary for the National Security of these United States, and sign and executive order "suspending" that sanctions law on the grounds that it interferes with the nations ongoing security operations that needs Russian participation.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Only Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders opposed it

Perhaps the only 2 SANE members left ?

How dare they!! They must be colluding with Putin, as well

edit on 26-7-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Study history, and what Russia was doing previous to WW2 and during, and following.

...And hope they have changed enough over the last century to not pull the same shenanigans again as they have in the past.

...They Cannot Be Trusted, it is a fact...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Trump is the most inconsistent politician I've ever seen.

Except when it comes to Russia.
There he is as consistent as a nun in vespers.

That's because Trump "owes" the Russians.

When you have a debt to pay, the force of it constrains your actions, and becomes a constant reminder of what you "have to" do.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Trump has no obligation to pay any debt owed to foreign countries. No foreigner may set foot on American territory to detain an American citizen to repay debt. Same thing China cannot force the US to repay any debt.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It seems we are overlooking that our NATO allies don't want these sanctions either. The EU is going so far as to threaten economic retaliation against the US over these sanctions!

Congress needs to pull its collective head out of its ass, and not make stupid decisions based on a narrative of Russian collusion that has since been shown to be unfounded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join