It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Have the High Moral Ground

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Dumb Americans protesting against Sharia law while their idiot president sells weapons and dances with leaders of a backward country that practices the very same law they are protesting against ?!
And you have the nerve to talk about morals ?
Stupid American hillbillies
edit on 11-7-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I never tire of watching those videos.

That's The Doctor of Common Sense. Love that guy. Talk about having your head on straight. Common sense used to be the norm, but has been steadily declining over the last 2 or 3 decades.

As far as the "Hugh Mongus" video, those idiots trying to disrupt the guy, well,they're not exactly the intellectual cream of the crop.

Same thing with those antifa and BLM nutjobs. Now THERE'S a bunch of Rhodes Scholar.

Damn entertaining, too.

S+F for ya.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Dumb Americans protesting against Sharia law while their idiot president sells weapons and dances with leaders of a backward country that practices the very same law they are protesting against ?!
And you have the nerve to talk about morals ?
Stupid American hillbillies

Well Alrighty then. I bet that's not a biased view. No frakking way. Couldn't be...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66
You are completely wrong. The issue is that the men decide it's offensive for women to be uncovered not the women. To bring in this law it takes the women out of the equation ie. it tells the men this forced dress you are imposing on your women is not acceptable so the onus of choice not to wear it cannot be laid at the womens feet.
It's no good speaking about your right to do this or that but what law the government sees fit to uphold.
Example for you, by your reasoning your free to do anything but what if you choose to go completely naked through a city center, I'm sure you would not go very far without being arrested.
The hijab is NOT a choice it is a cultural meme and as such any wearers in a non Muslim country is trying to enforce their culture on the indigenous population. And it's not the women that are forcing the issue.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

The problem is that we now have so many different ways of being that larger society cannot incorporate them all without infringing on some to the detriment of others.

It's impossible.

So how do you mold a real society that will work without at least admitting that not everyone will live in accordance with their wishes? I don't think you can do it.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Groups like Black Lives Matter and Antifa have a core message which should ultimately be a good one but some how they've become something akin to a terrorist organization.

That's where the whole rant falls apart, 'your' perception of reality isn't reality at all.
Swallow a bunch of generalisations and be the idiot you don't want to be.

Yeah , some folks already have...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Don't they teach you kids the difference between advice and the plain commentary of casual discussion?

Why do you think i mentioned it, so that i could whisper sweet nothings into your tone deaf ears? I responded because i really liked the topic.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

Don't they teach you kids the difference between advice and the plain commentary of casual discussion?

Why do you think i mentioned it, so that i could whisper sweet nothings into your tone deaf ears? I responded because i really liked the topic.

That is a fair point, just dont become those you oppose

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Alrighty.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

they commonly use violence

And "they" commonly use generalisations like that to sway public opinion.

I can't work with that. Cherrypicking a few examples to blame a whole group is like a blank-check for idiocracy, generally. See what I did there?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So how do you mold a real society that will work without at least admitting that not everyone will live in accordance with their wishes? I don't think you can do it.

No, not really. But we must Draw the line somewhere.

All laws are privileges given to us by Our elected authority. Religious and exsternal customs are second hand to Our own laws. I dont see the problem really. But having the right people creating the right and fair laws/priviliges will be the issue.

THere is not doubt that we have the wrong People installed when they think it is right to inforce the Law of banning Hijab and burcas. Because moste women are forced to weard them by their Family or husband do to religious or cultureal believes. WHat we have to do is make it quite Clear to the imigrants is that we dont tolarate such discrimination. If this is a problem for them we should give them only one Choice.....and that is to leave Our country for a different one.

If these People are real refugies this should not be so hard for them.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Seems like 3rd wave feminism is a cry for rough sex.

There I said it.

And perhaps the now fourth wave is a cry for an orgy?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

good point but the presenter in the vid is a bit off. I think your point would have been stronger had you found a different source. S&F

Agreed. He's loud, annoying and repetitive.
Not sure how his girl puts up with it actually.
She has a nice, low key demeanor and I'd rather listen to her speak.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join