It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR: collusion may not be a crime.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
www.npr.org...

Apparently there is a debate going on whether collusion between Trump and Russia is even a crime.

NPR does a good job here explaining how it is not a crime in the context that it is used when talking about Trump and Russia.

What really made me interested in this radio spot was how it seems as if NPR is changing the narrative from Trump committing crimes against the US to the Trump admin's actions could have "political ramifications" even when they aren't found to be crimes.

If your the sort to believe that NPR is bought and paid for by the political left ... could this be a signal that the investigation is near the end. That Trump will not be implicated in any crime (cause there was none); But his opposition will find a "political" reason to seek impeachment rather than a legal one?

edit on 10-7-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Without a crime, hes not getting impeached, let alone removed. Dems better worry about their own mess of a house, or they are going to lose more elections. Their narrative is so bad and so crazy that they are actually helping Trump.

I personally think Trump is a mixed bag. Kind of like bad tasting medicine. Distasteful, but its that or die.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying I don't believe in the Trump/Russia collusion issue. However, do I think collusion between a politician and a foreign power is illegal? You damned bet I do.

I think any suggestion it's not is just another tactic to "justify" an actual collusion that may occur in the future. There's a method to the madness, folks, and it's incremental. Always has been.
edit on 10-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

All Governments try to have influence in each others elections.

Getting hold of damning evidence and showing what is actually going on is NOT a crime, it is assisting the people of that country.

Bringing down the dirty players requires great timing. The best timing for Trump is very close to the mid-terms.

If Trump has a choice, and it may not be his call, he will wait for the right moment ... as anyone in his position will do.

This is not just politics. This is a war behind the scenery. I hope Trump wins this, he is playing it out quite well for now.

P

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So what if GOP colluded with Russia to attack Democrats? Russians are not aliens. They are people. As Democrats think, citizenship and nationality doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What if China puts in their own candidate next time around, and beats Trump? Will it be okay then as well?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Let me start off by saying I don't believe in the Trump/Russia collusion issue. However, do I think collusion between a politician and a foreign power is illegal? You damned bet I do.

I think any suggestion it's not is just another tactic to "justify" an actual collusion that may occur in the future. There's a method to the madness, folks, and it's incremental. Always has been.

Why would NPR; who is not know to be friendly to Trump, make it pretty clear that "collusion" in this context is not a crime?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You're missing the point, it's not for or against Trump. It's about amplifying government control....
edit on 10-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You're missing the point, it's not for or against Trump. It's about amplifying government control....

I understand your point now. Thank you for clarifying.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: joshysway
What if China puts in their own candidate next time around, and beats Trump? Will it be okay then as well?

If they release DAMNING evidence against Trump , why not ? The Russians (if the story is actually true , and not a CNN Fairy-Tale) did a fairly good job of it against Hillary and the DNC.

edit on 7/10/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Impeachment isn't a legal process, it's a political one.

Did Bill Clinton commit a crime when he got it on in the oval office with Monica Lewinsky?

I think they'll get him through ethics violations, and not any laws being broken. It doesn't look good that the director of the Office of Government ethics just resigned either.

“There isn’t much more I could accomplish at the Office of Government Ethics, given the current situation,” Mr. Shaub said in an interview on Thursday. “O.G.E.’s recent experiences have made it clear that the ethics program needs to be strengthened.”

Link

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I like your way of thinking, and let's not forget up untill the primaries trump was never a politician and I think that's what people forget about him now he's president.

Who knows trump might have had connection's with any kind of individual or business of any nationality Except because he was a businessman the terms of conversation or agreement were probably more like.

"Hey my name and brands worth alot or money and you're a production company, let's work together you use my name I use your product at a cheaper price and we get a profit each"

Now let's take Hillary as a politician compared to how trumps been a businessman​ his whole life.

You know what Hillarys conversation would of been like?
"Oh #, How do we fix all the stuff we did by "mistake" or atleast how do we screw with the narrative to get out of it being "our fault""

If collusion exists
Trump = making money as a business by dealing with businesses and individuals
Hillary = dealing with leaders of foreign nations to make money and to expand that so called Clinton global initiative.

How people don't see that blows my mind it really does.
edit on 11-7-2017 by justneo because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Why would NPR; who is not know to be friendly to Trump, make it pretty clear that "collusion" in this context is not a crime?

NPR (National Public Radio) has concluded that there was NO Trump-Russia collusion to hack the election in favor of Trump.

But they know that there WAS collusion between Siamese twins Hillary-Podesta and NPR.. along with CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NYT, WaPo, LATimes, Hollywood, and..yes.. RUSSIA.

Collusion to affect the election outcome was a crime, when NPR felt that Trump allegedly did it.

Now that it's clear that Hillary-Podesta are the only "guilty" party, Colluding is NOT a crime.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Did Bill Clinton commit a crime when he got it on in the oval office with Monica Lewinsky?

I believe sexual harassment is against the law? In fact I believe Clinton was a big proponent of those laws.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

And I believe the Clintons are above the law.
And they really deserve that respect, with all the times they've helped humanity and all..

Can someone just please lock their lying @sses up...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Duh

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
So what if GOP colluded with Russia to attack Democrats? Russians are not aliens. They are people. As Democrats think, citizenship and nationality doesn't matter.

That's brilliant actually. To Dems borders are irrelevant.
People should be free to go between countries unimpeded.
What illegal aliens?
If Mexicans aren't then neither are Russians.
They have already destroyed their own argument.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Been a long time but I thought what got impeachment of Bill through the house was lying under oath.

It was cheap yea, but technically was perjury, if my memory was correct.

eta: On topic, I do not think it happened but odds are even if it did it was not a violation of the law. It might give bad optics but thats probably about it, and if NPR is pushing this idea they are probably trying to get ahead of the curve if their contacts say we got a fat lot of nothing on Trump.
edit on 11-7-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Without a crime, hes not getting impeached, let alone removed. .

Even a crime wouldn't mean he's impeached. He could have committed the most heinous act of treason and it would still require the republican held congress to impeach him (they won't).

Most of this endeavor is for historical record rather than actual action, since there is literally nothing that can get him removed except for the republicans in power (and they are getting everything they want so there's no impetus for them to ever remove him).

top topics

join