It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Gard

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Can anyone explain to me how the UK Government can dictate the treatment given to this young Lad?
Adults with debilitating diseases are not allowed to choose their own fate.
Poor Charlie has exhausted the care that may be available in the UK but His Parents have been offered hope by the Vatican and the US.
Why oh why is there even a discussion as to whether He should be given this chance. He even has a Vatican Passport.
I'm at a loss and ashamed to be a Brit.

www.google.co.uk...

edit on 10-7-2017 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

He is being told he can't go?
Got a link?
I'm interested

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I knew it was going back up before the High courts, did they decide against it yet again despite doctors now saying there is a chance they could help?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

news.sky.com/story/live-charlie-gards-parents-back-in-court-10943614

Given the help offered this is absurd.

news.sky.com/story/live-charlie-gards-parents-back-in-court-10943614

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If it was the child of an elite this wouldn't even be a case...

BUT...

Have you seen the condition this child is in?
I think the parents are being a bit selfish, maybe overcome with grief and unable to think straight...

But this child will be blind, deaf and brain damaged for life...

That's not a life.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I was under the impression this was a medical decision.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408
Surely its His Parent's choice, not the wig wearing government?
If it was some old duffer in parliament with a poorly Child they'd pull all the stops.
edit on 10-7-2017 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The government have nothing to do with it, it's a medical decision based on the best interests of the patient. The US and Vatican can't treat him, the condition is irreversable so best to let him pass as painfree as possible.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
Surely its His Parent's choice, not the wig wearing government?
If it was some old duffer in parliament with a poorly Child they'd pull all the stops.

Well I'd agree...

If the parents were paying the life support bill.
But I don't think they are.

So is it really their decision? I don't know to be honest.

Also prolonging their child's ills takes abit of the sympathy I have for them away.

It's tragic, but the poor child deserves to rest now.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I say again, there is a possibility of prolonging His life been offered. This should be the Parent's choice not the elected Government.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Read more and decide.

www.thisislocallondon.co.uk...

Personally I think it is best for the child to be taken off life support. It is a horrid decision but I think best for the child.
I couldn't let a child or family member of mine live the life of poor Charlie...sometimes you have to let go.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

with only 16 ppl in the world with this condition and it not being very well understood (pretty sure thats admitted) refusing to allow novel treatments can only be seen as tyrannical and without compassion.

notice the total duplicity and blatant lies : hes brain dead.....BUT hes suffering. Yeah...and how did they arrive at that iron clad indisputable objective scientific fact? They didnt.....theyre engaging in defensive obfuscation and nothing more. Theyre self important pieces of garbage playing god.....that is all.

the fact is....knowing this child has a serious debilitating disease the control freaks kept him on a standard life support protocol for ELEVEN MONTHS!!! Yes thats right, his situation is so dire and irrefutably bad that they thought it was a better use of time and resources to KEEP him on standard, unimaginative, lazy, life support this WHOLE TIME while stonewalling and obstructing the parents desire and ability to pursue treatment options which cannot at this point be indisputably known to have efficacy or not!!!!

like literally this is one of the best examples of governmental, medical scientific tyranny and despotism i have EVER seen in my life.

those who are appealing to the dire nature of his current medical status are appealing to an unknown because there is NO WAY to exactly know whats going on in his brain.

so much time wasted.....so much cold obstructionism......and for WHAT?????

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The parents raised the money to take him to the US the first time they were denied.

Yes, yes, we are told this is a medical decision, but again, if they were the precious child of a wealthy elitist, of course, the first thing to know is that the child would never have been under the government's thumb to begin with, and yes, the government is the health care in the UK, so medical decision come with bureaucratic considerations, not strict medical concerns now.

I mean, no one seems to care for one second when the crusty old fart with billions has his third heart transplant ... unless it becomes publicly known. Most don't.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Its the courts who are making the decisions not the state, not just the UK but the EU ones as well and they all seem to have the same sorry output, if the poor lad is as bad as they say then a decent and quiet death may be the best option but at least if some places are willing to give him one last hurrah then why not?

Rather the lad had every last option checked and used up but its pretty much hope for the poor mite but give him the chance and at least it can't be said he didn't get the full chance.

link   

your point is moot.

they wont let them take him home to die either....pretty sure that doesnt require life support.

the elite control freaks have shown their hand....they enjoy playing god for no other reason than to show their contempt for the plebeians.

link   
a reply to: tribal

Not to mention, with only 16 people in the world with this disease, even if he is suffering, allowing this therapy to be tried will advance what is known for the next Charlie and may enable that poor kid to not be as bad off when the time comes. When there are a dearth of potential research subjects, if the parents are willing to let their son be one such patient, then the opportunity is HUGE!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

your point is moot.

they wont let them take him home to die either....pretty sure that doesnt require life support.

the elite control freaks have shown their hand....they enjoy playing god for no other reason than to show their contempt for the plebeians.

It's not that as much as it is the idea that the state cannot be wrong, and if they let Charlie go, even if it's only home to die, then they look like they might have been the tiniest bit wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thats a difficult question to put to them.
But that would possibly give something back.
I have some experience thankfully unrelated and do 6 monthly studies to further research.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

notice the total duplicity and blatant lies : hes brain dead.....BUT hes suffering. Yeah...and how did they arrive at that iron clad indisputable objective scientific fact? They didnt.....theyre engaging in defensive obfuscation and nothing more. Theyre self important pieces of garbage playing god.....that is all.

No-one has claimed Charlie Gard (CG) is brain dead. He is very badly brain damaged and is unable to give reactions to stimuli. Opinion is divided on whether or not he feels pain, and among those who believe CG can feel pain there is a range of opinion about how much pain, ranging from 'moderate' to 'severe'.

the fact is....knowing this child has a serious debilitating disease the control freaks kept him on a standard life support protocol for ELEVEN MONTHS!!! Yes thats right, his situation is so dire and irrefutably bad that they thought it was a better use of time and resources to KEEP him on standard, unimaginative, lazy, life support this WHOLE TIME while stonewalling and obstructing the parents desire and ability to pursue treatment options which cannot at this point be indisputably known to have efficacy or not!!!!

CG has not been on life support for eleven months. He went into hospital at the age of just over one month, and would have been allowed to die in February this year, but his parents challenged the medical decision, which is why we are in this situation to begin with.

The "treatment" he is being offered is experimental and even the medics who are proposing it admit that it cannot improve CG's prospects, let alone cure him.

like literally this is one of the best examples of governmental, medical scientific tyranny and despotism i have EVER seen in my life.

Pffft.

edit on 10-7-2017 by audubon because: typo

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Since it is such a rare condition, and the family raised quite a bit of money to cover the cost of taking him to the states, and if he really is brain dead.

Why not let him go, be studied have them attempt to help him... worst case nothing changes he dies, best case he gets help and improves, middle case nothing changes he dies but the doctors learn more about the condition that could lead to a breakthrough for the next suffering family.

This should not even be a question, let the kid go.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join