It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow ATSers from abroad (not the United States)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Europeans are ruled over by their Lords and Ladies as little more than serfs, but it is America who has it "backwards"? Globalists and Bureaucrats rule over every aspect of their lives, they bend their peasants over and give it to them hard, and the peasants are so brainwashed they say "Please sir, may I have another?" At least the Brits had the smarts and the courage to get the hell out before they became nothing more than EU slaves. If European Elites don't like the USA, it's because they can't control us as their submissive puppets. Hate the USA? Good, it means we're on the right path.
edit on 10-7-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

No, not one of us has. Would you like to know why?

A good half of us are not from the US, and not one of us cares where you're posting from. You can post from Mexico. You can post from France. Bulgaria. Germany. Japan. Canada, yes, even Canada
, most any ol' place that allows internet access to cross national borders...we're still waiting for our first North Korean member.

When I speak for myself, as a member, I don't care where you post from, nor most of the time what you post. I find it amusing that the people I disagree with most often are my fellow Americans...

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

At the end of the day, if Trump is genuine, the risk is definitely worth the reward, because like I said, if we are wrong about Trump, and (s)election is just an illusion, we all lose regardless.

So what is there really to lose? A bit of pride and ego? Pfft.

edit on 10-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

Yes. I am saying no huge swath of people are actually affected by huge swaths of people thinking freely about each other.

Anti this and anti that. No one is on that divided split face mentality.

Things are only going to get more honest and everyone should learn to hang if you want to stay relevant.

Also, excuse me, stop being weird by checking how much time I spend on ATS.

You read too much everything on the internet

You need to start to formulate your own opinions.

Not repeat formulaic thoughts meant to spoon feed as they were spoon fed.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

First, I'm not American. I just recognize the importance of that political experiment. And I'd be careful about bad-mouthing the country that defends you while you sleep.

Though I was speaking about Europe in general, I don't doubt the UK's birth rates are the highest in Europe. Isn't Muhammad the most popular baby name there?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

^ This is exactly why you US-Americans are so "loved" by the world.
Yes, I should stop using sarcasm, but it was just so worth it.

Nobody loves a BULLY.

If it were up to me, I'd cut you all loose and let you stand on your own two feet for a change.

I wonder how long it would be before your country becomes Ukanistan?

1 year? 2 tops?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

And big old green eyed jealousy from non-Americans. Go ahead and spew. Here's your chance but you'll still be a loser non-American.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So I get the impression that we'd be so much better if we got rid of the Constitution and was more like Europe.

Oh, and gotten rid of Trump and brought in Hillary.

But if we'd have elected Hillary, we'd be more like Europe.

So really, we should have just voted for Hillary.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . . . . . nah.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I am just gathering some info for my own personal agenda on how other countries view the United States.

I would like to know where you believe we stand compared to other countries on political issues such as climate change and immigration issues. Feel free to discuss anything actually, religion, G20...anything.

I would also like to know your views on America as a nation and how Donald Trump has either changed these views for the better, worse or no change at all.

I know there is a low percentage of abroad ATSers on this board so Im hoping to gather all opinions in one place for a great discussion.

Thank you.

So...eight pages in and your confreres have walked all over the conversation, telling those of whom you asked their opinions just how totally insignificant they and their thoughts are.
I guess my question is, what have you learned? Have you gained any new perspective, based not upon the international response but from the unbidden one? I would venture to guess that a lot of your ' abroad ATSers' are going 'Uh Huh' at this point.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I am just gathering some info for my own personal agenda on how other countries view the United States.

I would like to know where you believe we stand compared to other countries on political issues such as climate change and immigration issues. Feel free to discuss anything actually, religion, G20...anything.

I would also like to know your views on America as a nation and how Donald Trump has either changed these views for the better, worse or no change at all.

I know there is a low percentage of abroad ATSers on this board so Im hoping to gather all opinions in one place for a great discussion.

Thank you.

So...eight pages in and your confreres have walked all over the conversation, telling those of whom you asked their opinions just how totally insignificant they and their thoughts are.
I guess my question is, what have you learned? Have you gained any new perspective, based not upon the international response but from the unbidden one? I would venture to guess that a lot of your ' abroad ATSers' are going 'Uh Huh' at this point.

"Well for me and most the Brits I know he think of you like a dumb brother with lots of brawn but no brains.
Especially with Trump. Unlike what the Turmpeters hope we do not "fear" or respect the USA since he got in, it only confirmed our notion of the USA as being morons.
Politically we think your backwards.
Racially we think your backswords
Religiously we think your backwards.
Education wise we think you are backwards
Healthcare we think you are backwards."

That's the first response to the OP. Very arrogant, elitist and condescending. And you think it's Americans who have the bad attitude? Maybe some of our non-American posters should look at themselves before pointing their finger at us. But I guess we should just allow you anti-Americans to slander us and not provide a retort, eh?
edit on 10-7-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Thank you.

"Well for me and most the Brits I know he think of you like a dumb brother with lots of brawn but no brains.
Especially with Trump. Unlike what the Turmpeters hope we do not "fear" or respect the USA since he got in, it only confirmed our notion of the USA as being morons.

That's the first response to the OP. Very arrogant, elitist and condescending. And you think it's Americans who have the bad attitude? Maybe some of our non-American posters should look at themselves before pointing their finger at us. But I guess we should just allow you anti-Americans to slander us and not provide a retort, eh?

Um...I know you guys have been busy answering the questions that were asked of non-Americans. Do you think you can pipe down long enough for the OP to answer on his own?

I mean, I love the irony but really...it's too funny! Besides, could you please tell me what part of MY response you found to be anti-American? Sure you can!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Thank you.

Um...I know you guys have been busy answering the questions that were asked of non-Americans. Do you think you can pipe down long enough for the OP to answer on his own?

I mean, I love the irony but really...it's too funny! Besides, could you please tell me what part of MY response you found to be anti-American? Sure you can!

There's that arrogance and condescension. Telling me to "pipe down"? Who the hell do you think you are?

As for the OP, here in America we have Freedom of Speech, we are allowed to respond to a post. I know Canada is trying to crack down on free speech, but thankfully ATS isn't Canada.

As for your response that is anti-American, the entire thing was. But how about this: "I would venture to guess that a lot of your ' abroad ATSers' are going 'Uh Huh' at this point." What exactly were you implying with that line? I know you thought you were being clever, but you weren't.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Thank you.

There's that arrogance and condescension. Telling me to "pipe down"? Who the hell do you think you are?

As for the OP, here in America we have Freedom of Speech, we are allowed to respond to a post. I know Canada is trying to crack down on free speech, but thankfully ATS isn't Canada.

As for your response that is anti-American, the entire thing was. But how about this: "I would venture to guess that a lot of your ' abroad ATSers' are going 'Uh Huh' at this point." What exactly were you implying with that line? I know you thought you were being clever, but you weren't.

A) I was not addressing my question towards you. I was addressing it to the OP. It's his experiment.
B) There are a bunch of you here that are totally oblivious to the fact that you are bearing out pretty much every negative stereotype attributed to Americans by the rest of the world. Cracks me up.
C) When do we get to the part where I am anti-American? I am most certainly not! But I don't mind calling out a loogan when I see one, no matter what the flag may be on their hats.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So I get the impression that we'd be so much better if we got rid of the Constitution and was more like Europe.

Oh, and gotten rid of Trump and brought in Hillary.

But if we'd have elected Hillary, we'd be more like Europe.

So really, we should have just voted for Hillary.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . . . . . nah.

Electing Billary would have been disaster . Now there's a couple who've proved where their interests lay. Themselves and their pervy cronies 😜.

edit on 10-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Just another troll, stirring the pot and fishing, throwing the bait, sink line and hooked...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Land of the free? land of the snowflakes who can't take criticism more like.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
I thought you were done with ATS, after complaining about the back and forth divisive rhetoric for that matter?? And yet, many of your own replies open with insults themselves, and you tend to end up right here in this forum that you have derided more than once. I guess flies are attracted to # huh? Is it fun to be a hypocrite on the internet ?

As for the Europeans who look down on America now, I welcome the day when we shut down many of our European bases and let you guys just handle your own security. Maybe it would free up a few billion dollars for education and healthcare.

For #s sake half the global empires of the last 500 years are inside Europe. Why the hell don't yall beef up your own defense spending and let us divert our # back home??? And WHEN Russia or China comes knocking with their hostile tones demanding one sided policy agreements, please do not look to USA. There are more than enough resources in Europe to build your own continental homeland defense under its own unified command.

NATO will be looking different in ten years time, and so will the EU.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I am american but living in France.

I actually don't see any anti-american rhetoric around me from the french.
When I get involved in discussions with them about the USA, they often shrug and say "Trump is in idiot, but then politicians are always A-Holes- he's no better than what we have."

What I have seen of their criticism of Americans is that we are a bit immature or naive - mostly in the way we are quick to get into cult of personality and worship individual politicians - whether it be Trump, Obama, or Hillary, they think we'r naive in thinking any of them are superheroes who can and want to save the people.

They tend to think that only the people, the masses, bonding together, can save themselves from the individuals in power (anywhere, in any country). So we seem like idealistic children waiting for a savior and repeatedly feeling let down because the Chosen Ones don't live up to that expectation.
They don't hate, they feel somewhat sorry for us. Some seem to hope that we'll get it and get up - together.

Also, one repeatedly made characterization is that we have a problem with our self esteem, both individually and collectively, because we are overly-susceptible. We can't handle criticism. Our egos seem over inflated, but with hot air... like teens who put on an act of being arrogant, but fall apart into crisis when faced with any criticism. It's a big ego, but not a strong one. A strong sense of value and belonging can look at and accept criticism without falling apart.

Over the years, I came to see this as a generalization having a large bit of truth in it.
I found that it was true for myself, as an individual, then I observed it in fellow americans.

I found that it was sourced in a lack of sense of belonging and community for myself, then started to see it as the same thing for the masses in general- the habit of separating oneself from others, or ones nation from the rest of the international community leaves us feeling like it is "us against the world" and the slightest criticism hits harder than when you see yourself as an integral part of a larger community, simply getting some feedback from other equal community members that could be helpful.
Individualism makes you feel free, but also very insecure.

That's just my personal perception.

edit on 11-7-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Best American and most truthful response in the thread

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Most people around where i live dont have time to waste over the good old us of a, you hear once in a while how trump is an idiot, but that hasent really changed since before he got elected.

Trump fans remind me of maple leafs fans, mediocre product at best, but they cling to it and claim people are just jealous.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join