It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow ATSers from abroad (not the United States)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have found, probably on this message board, maybe through films, that politics does not divide other countries as much as it does the US.

I know we only have 2 major political parties and I really think that is a shame. Other countries have 3-8 different parties, all very active. We may have an independent or green party, but the percentage of voter outcome is so small that it is really just a wasted vote. I feel we are sort of stuck in a rut with our dual political party system.

Also I am finding it both interesting and a shame that it is joked that we are "land of the free" but have more prisoners than most countries, and jailed for non-violent crimes.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes, the Navy veteran small business owner you posted about? Don't worry, we see exactly what you're saying, man.
Those who can do, those who can't do teach, and those who can't teach grouse about it online.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
(In my experience) Germans think the same about Americans like Eastern countrymen(for exampe hungarians) look at germans:

foolish, hectic, law-abiding-idiots that have lost touch with reality.

Isn´t that ironic ^^.

Disclaimer: This post intends to show up the idiotic believe one is better than the other. We are all equal idiotic, except for swabians, we´re the real deal.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Actually it kinda is their thing in the US anyways I'm not sure if it applies globally... Probably doesn't. The rest of our branches use the term HUAA pronounced HooAH, which stands for heard understood and acting upon...If I'm not mistaken. Not to derail the thread, but figured you may appreciate the tid bit.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

yup.
he is all those things
also seems to be an asshole

being a vet does not mean you are an awesome person

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

People like you and I shouldn't be holding that against anyone. Wouldn't want to look like hypocrites now, would we?

As far as "being a vet does not mean you are an awesome person" that's true enough, but somehow I feel that dude is pretty OK. Seems like the type of individual who'd be welcome in most of the circles I travel through.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: TinySickTears

People like you and I shouldn't be holding that against anyone. Wouldn't want to look like hypocrites now, would we?

As far as "being a vet does not mean you are an awesome person" that's true enough, but somehow I feel that dude is pretty OK. Seems like the type of individual who'd be welcome in most of the circles I travel through.

hey man i know im an asshole

for me its the opposite though i dont really have a circle. big surprise

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I thought being a Vet meant you had a head start on the rest of the world in being an asshole... I know for I r one.

-------------

I can only think of one thing I detest more than Huaa in military jargon and thats let me piggy-back on that.

I suppose it makes sense in some branches but it is so wildly out of place in most USAF AFSC's its annoying, and unfortunately we have more than a few ring knockers that take the whole war fighter thing seriously. (usually admin, or Medical it seems like)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The fact the OP put this in the mid-pit is telling...
Enjoy these bash America threads.

But at the end of the day I like most of the world would prefer living in Merica than any other nation.
If this is false why do we have an immigration problem?
Why are people literally banging down our doors to be let in?
Why is George Clooney moving back to Merica?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
H. L. Mencken called it back in 1920-

As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

To the rest of the world: Not all of us have been brainwashed to the point of believing on faith alone that a complete moron is the savior of our country. As long as there are people over here who oppose the jackassery of this administration, there is always hope.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The fact the OP put this in the mid-pit is telling...
Enjoy these bash America threads.

But at the end of the day I like most of the world would prefer living in Merica than any other nation.
If this is false why do we have an immigration problem?
Why are people literally banging down our doors to be let in?
Why is George Clooney moving back to Merica?

Ain't that the truth!

The old saying misery loves company comes to mind when talking about those who hate their ancestors and everything they built with blood, sweat and tears to only tear it all down because the want to join in on becoming the next famous meme in the virtue signaling Olympics. Proudly sponsored by those who want to destroy your way of life!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Why the hell do we care what the world thinks?

The world has ALWAYS, ALWAYS had nothing but contempt for Americans. We didnt need them to become what we are.

The world as a whole can speak, but what individual country has accomplished what we have? So screw them.

We have allies and friends, cousins and such internationally.

We are alone in our class since none other is willing to pay the price to stand where we do.

This is part of the price and we would be charged regardless of us being as important as we are. Maybe thats what motivated us to do as if we had nothing to lose.

The world talks because we are important. Let them speak into irrelevance.

edit on 7 10 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

In my husband's experience there are at least four distinct different flavors of German person. Divide the country along rough east/west (old iron curtain/Wall divide) and north/south axes and that gives you rough quadrants. He can pretty much tell after a time approximately which area of the country the German is from based on accent and overall attitude/personality.

Doesn't necessarily have a bearing on politics, but on their personality and accent. Sort of like different Americans although less pronounced because the country isn't as big.
edit on 10-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
A wise man is humble in his undertakings
A humble man allays no claims to his great doings
His doings are indeed great
but he lays no claim to them

His great doings become evident of themselves

The same can be said of his kingdom
edit on 10/7/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I live in the NW part of Germany, after spending 10 years in Oklahoma.

I have pissed off several German friends when I said you could take this area and drop it into the middle of the US and there are only 2 things that would be different, the number of guns, and the language.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
a reply to: tadaman
A wise man is humble in his undertakings
A humble man allays no claims to his great doings
His doings are indeed great
but he lays no claim to them

His great doings become evident of themselves

The same can be said of his kingdom

Seems like all of the Kingdoms are crumbling right now.

How do you attribute that??

Dark forces are at work, and those who are being demonized the most are most likely those who are right.

Funny how those who hate the 1% the most seem to be the useful idiots that are doing their damnest to promote the agenda they claim to hate?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Ummm...aren't we all from...a broad...

I mean...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Funny how those who hate the 1% the most seem to be the useful idiots that are doing their damnest to promote the agenda they claim to hate?

That reminds me, where is my copyright protected Guy Fawkes mask that I need for the next protest against corporations.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Maybe because the 'wise leaders' claim to accomplish great things
even though the bellies of those that they lead are empty

Current leaders fill the heads with dreams
and do not sustain their people with tangibles

Bread and circuses for the masses

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
But anyhow ... back on topic
Non US people, general feeling re the US ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join