It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow ATSers from abroad (not the United States)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Complaining about his campaign promises is trivial, because contrary to popular belief, he is actually trying his best.

So what do you suggest? We impeach him and let back the left into power? What was the alternative? What is the alternative?

How do you not take the chance? What is there to lose? If we're wrong about him, we lose regardless. This is probably the only time in history where you'll get this chance. So instead of having faith and wanting the country to succeed, you would all rather be pessimists with no real solution, just because "omg Trump".

Think long and hard about it.

edit on 10-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

David64, you do not care what is going on abroad bc you are not intelligent and out of sight, out of mind.

How old are you?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: rexsblues

Gotta copy of the Patriot Act on ya?

sure do... I've also got freedom of speech and the right to defend it.

What's it like to have neither bro? ...or did I get that gender identifying pronoun right?
edit on 10-7-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Oh man, OP,

This thread is way, way, overdue! Some of the ATSers here have so much pent up stress and anxiety they're just drooling on themselves to lash out with, it's about time someone gave them an outlet for it! So much self-loathing over their own political and economic woes there's nothing better than to be given a thread to hate on the US where they can feel all warm and fuzzy again .

To be handed a silver platter where they can throw out all their misinformed insults, rants and petty sound bytes they've heard on their own media...all while dodging water cannons, trucks ramming crowds, bombs blowing up trains and bullets killing dozens in theaters and elsewhere. Anything to make them forget about their own pathetic circumstances and vent their loathing at someone else's expense.

Priceless... and well played!

edit on 7/10/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

it really is not about how countries view the US, and if they like or dislike Trump. it is about individuals and their personal views. in every country some like ang some dislike the US. some people liked Obama and how he ran the country, while others despised him. the same for Trump, some like him, some don't, net effect is nothing has really changed over all, other than a reversal of who likes and doesn't like the US and it's President. to be honest it's probably close to a 50/50 split. i see this from everyone i have contact with, be it in the US, Canada, the Philippines, Australia, Britain etc. there is both strong support and strong condemnation of Trump and his policies, just as for the last 8 years before you had both strong support, and strong condemnation of Obama and his policies. the only real change is those that hated Obama, seem to love Trump, and vice versa.

It IS about how countries view the US...its important to me and it should be important to everyone. And its NOT 50/50

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Seen the freedom index recently?

www.worldfreedomindex.com...

www.heritage.org...

rsf.org...

Sorry dude but If you want Freedom Canada ranks more free.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Everything in the US is focused around money. Pick anything, the underlying motivation is in the acquisition of money.

People in the US are engrossed in building status, which involves the accumulation of money and assets that require money to obtain.

MONEY!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I see the humor there, but as an American I'll say it's on point. The ones most frequently searching for racism behind every bush in America are often the same ones who push the BS notion that racism can only work in a single direction and there are classes of people who can never be racially discriminated against because: reasons.

This is rather awkward; two U.S. people conversing in this thread. To justify it, I will resort to a short apology thus:

In a world in which learning of the perspectives of others with regards to the self provides an arena for self reflection and even a bit of self identification as to what an individual sees as the essence of U.S. citizenship, I'll take a stab at it.

I was born within the political unit known as The United States of America, of English, British, Dutch, and non-differentiated European ancestors. I grew to adulthood within a particular Christian sect which saw itself as a very small minority, within Christendom, and in the World itself, with no expectation of ever being anything but a minority.

It says much, I believe, about whom a person identifies with as a Founding Father. I was taught to consider Roger Williams (c. 21 December 1603 – between 27 January and 15 March 1683), to be such.

was a Puritan, an English Reformed theologian, and later a Reformed Baptist who was expelled by the Puritan leaders from the colony of Massachusetts because local officials thought that he was spreading "new and dangerous ideas" to his congregants. Williams fled the Massachusetts colony under the threat of impending arrest and shipment to an English prison; he began the settlement of Providence Plantation in 1636 as a refuge offering freedom of conscience.

Williams was the 1638 founder of the First Baptist Church in America, also known as the First Baptist Church of Providence.[2][3]

Williams was also a student of Native American languages, an early advocate for fair dealings with American Indians, and one of the first abolitionists in North America, having organized the first attempt to prohibit slavery in any of the British American colonies. He is best remembered as the originator of the principle of separation of church and state.

I do not regret my choice of Founding Father.

Living in a land of diversity, ethnically and ideologically, led him to change faith systems for himself many times. His sermons grew less certain, until he finally quit sermonizing altogether. After his burial, the land took him unto itself.

The Root that ate Roger Williams

edit on 10-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It IS about how countries view the US...its important to me and it should be important to everyone. And its NOT 50/50

Why is it so important to you and why should it be to everyone else what others think of us?
edit on 10-7-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I am amused. The OP, an American, is honestly (I think) trying to get a read on what others think of America.

Lol, the same op that just did a hit and run? The same op that has a thread on how awesome Trump is but in other threads hates on him?

The only thing the op wants is to start trouble on ATS.

sorry i started this thread then went out to lunch...mexican

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I am amused. The OP, an American, is honestly (I think) trying to get a read on what others think of America.

Lol, the same op that just did a hit and run? The same op that has a thread on how awesome Trump is but in other threads hates on him?

The only thing the op wants is to start trouble on ATS.

sorry i started this thread then went out to lunch...mexican

I'm Sicilian not Mexican

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Why is it so important to you and why should it be to everyone else what others think of us?

bc most intelligent people are not out of sight, out of mind and short on brains.

Reputation matters to other intelligent people and its interesting to find out how other countries view the United States reputation right now, past & future. I like the way it bends my mind. That is not to say i sit up at night wondering what judgmental people are thinking about me bc i had a child out of wedlock or bc i had a one night stand with Mr. Sexy Rockstar from last night...i dont care what miserable judgmental people think about me. However, it is very interesting to see how others view my country and its inhabitants.
edit on 10-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Only marines say hoo rah?
They own that term?

The majority of the time it is used, it is used by either a Marine, an airman, or a midshipman. Not really much in the way of legs outside the military, but feel free to use it and use it often in public, especially in the condescending anti-nationalism manner in which you used it in the prior post.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I gave a star and a flag for the amusement factor.

Some serious hypocrisy from some folks in this thread, this yank has been living in Europe coming up on 4 years, quite a lot of the things people mock and laugh at us about, can be found in their own home country.

But hey what do I know right, just another dumb american.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym
And having perfect, pearly white teeth
all the better to get on to 'reality tv'

Little wonder a reality tv star became potus, sums up the US morality conundrum

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Gotta copy of the Patriot Act on ya?

sure do... I've also got freedom of speech and the right to defend it.
What's it like to have neither bro? ...or did get that gender identifying pronoun right?

Why don't we have this chat over a Mohito in Havana? And when I get on a boat for a harbour cruise in Toronto...nobody searches my wife's purse first. But you enjoy your 'freedoms', eh?

Meanwhile, I think this law reflects our values. You can use whatever lens you want but about the only thing I envy you guys is some of your weather. And the fruit pie thing.

This enactment amends the Canadian Human Rights Act to add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination.

The enactment also amends the Criminal Code to extend the protection against hate propaganda set out in that Act to any section of the public that is distinguished by gender identity or expression and to clearly set out that evidence that an offence was motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on gender identity or expression constitutes an aggravating circumstance that a court must take into consideration when it imposes a sentence.
Link

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: rexsblues

Seen the freedom index recently?

www.worldfreedomindex.com...

www.heritage.org...

rsf.org...

Sorry dude but If you want Freedom Canada ranks more free.

Again, deaf, dumb and blind... half the countries at the top of that list are drowning in the migrant crisis. I dont guess they polled the freedom of those living therein who oppose.
edit on 10-7-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
Everything in the US is focused around money. Pick anything, the underlying motivation is in the acquisition of money.

People in the US are engrossed in building status, which involves the accumulation of money and assets that require money to obtain.

MONEY!

Heyy heyy heyy yaaa [x6]

Johnny Cash
And PBR
Jack Daniels
Nascar
Facebook
Myspace
IPod
Bill Gates
Smith and Wesson
NRA
Firewater
Pale Face
Dimebag
Tupac
Heavy Metal
Hip-Hop

I am
What you fear most
I am
What you need
I am
What you made me
I am
The American dream

I'm not selling out
I'm buying in

I will not be forgotten
This is my time to shine
I've got the scars to prove it
Only the strong survive
I'm not afraid of dying
Everyone has their time
Life never favored weakness
Welcome to the pride

Disneyland
White House
JFK
And Mickey Mouse
John Wayne
Springsteen
Eastwood
James Dean
Coca-Cola
Pepsi
Playboy
Text me
NFL
NBA
Brett Favre
King James

I am
All American
I am
Living the dream
I am
What you fear most
I am
Anarchy

I'm not selling out
I'm buying in

I will not be forgotten
This is my time to shine
Only the strong survive
I'm not afraid of dying
Everyone has their time
Welcome to the pride

Since the dawn of time
Only the strong have survived
I will not be forgotten
Welcome to the pride

Heyy heyy heyy yaaa [x3]
Only the strong survive
Heyy heyy heyy yaaa [x3]
Welcome to the pride

I will not be forgotten
This is my time to shine
Only the strong survive
I'm not afraid of dying
Everyone has their time
Welcome to the pride

It's about battling against the parts of life that try to drag you under to succeed in the system itself, and yeah, part of that is the money. I'd be a liar if I said it wasn't.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Thank God this is the internet! Otherwise you might get hit over the head with a bike lock!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

ok i will
not my problem you equate what i said with marines.
its not what i was thinking when i posted it.
i was thinking more like the dickbag with the roofing company offering a free gun for a roof while drinking beer and whiskey and saying dont recycle cause its stupid.

but watever

edit on 10-7-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join