It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow ATSers from abroad (not the United States)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Sigh..............Apparently I'm going to have to keep saying this...It's our country. We. Don't. Care. What. Other. Countries. Think. Period. Can I make it any clearer than that?
Do you see us calling you idiots because of who you elect? Do you see us going nuts and digging up dirt on them? No. You don't. It's your country, do what you want with it.
Got your country all sorted out and made it perfect? Got rid of all those crooked politicians who don't give a damn about you?
No?
Well then, maybe you should just mind your own business.

Speak for yourself. I care what other countries. I'm interested in how we are viewed by the rest of the world.
You sound like one of the typical Murcia hoo rah jerks that make us all look bad.

I can't have a civil discussion on a message board cause they're clowning on my previous Murcia

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's only when you listen to the cries of the left, the lies of the media and the mass hysteria of their collective hive-minds, will you not be able to recognize it.

Most of us get it straight from the horse's mouth.
twitter.com...

The rest can be deduced by simply watching him in action , no need for media spin.

If you want to be taken seriously the guy at the top needs to be serious , his words and actions represent your country.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

We. Don't. Care. What. Other. Countries. Think. Period. Can I make it any clearer than that?

Thankfully you don't speak for America. Good relations between nations are necessary for negotiating treaties between nations.

Do you see us calling you idiots because of who you elect?
Do you see us going nuts and digging up dirt on them? No.

Of course we do. People complained about Merkel, Trudeau and many others mainly because they didn't have the proper do what America wants attitude.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I'll just say this - America with Trump at the helm, if genuine with his intentions, which I believe to be the case, will make America great again.

It's only when you listen to the cries of the left, the lies of the media and the mass hysteria of their collective hive-minds, will you not be able to recognize it.

You believe? If his intentions are genuine?

There's a word for that.... religious? Basing something exclusively on faith alone?

Wasn't aware it was the hysteria of the left calling for Hillary to be locked up.
Or for "no more regime change."
Or for "the buck stops at Trump."
Or "Republican-majority."
Or "defeat IS in 30 days."
Or "build the wall."

It's only when you listen to the blatant propaganda campaign out of the POTUS's mouth when you realize.... none of it is ever gonna' happen.

You guys can blame the liberals and lefties all you'd like. Reminds me of liberals blaming Bush for Obama's failures.

Two peas in a pod, two wings on the same bird, "BUT DIS TIME, ITZ GUN B DIFFURENT DIS GUY SAID SO"

ETA: Forgot to mention. Trump just regularly "triggers the triggerables."

A quality that is the embodiment of a true president of the United States of America.
edit on 10-7-2017 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

(post by Tucket removed for a manners violation)
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Thankfully you don't speak for America.

That's the thing.

No one speaks for America here.

We're all just simple people speaking to each other on the internet.

It's not like any of us can pick up a phone and make changes because someone overseas thinks we suck.

*shrugs*

So people don't like America.

Okay.

Don't move here.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
Speak for yourself. I care what other countries. I'm interested in how we are viewed by the rest of the world.
You sound like one of the typical Murcia hoo rah jerks that make us all look bad.

I can't have a civil discussion on a message board cause they're clowning on my previous Murcia

"make us all look bad"

Let's look at that in context...

I care what other countries.

You care what other countries what? Come on man, finish your sentences.

typical Murcia hoo rah jerks

Insulting Marines now? A bold strategy which would almost certainly backfire in spectacular fashion if attempted away from the security of internet warrior battlefields and the glow of a CRT monitor.

Of all the many obstacles I've observed you struggling with in regards to having a civil discussion, the political and nationalistic stances of those around you isn't among them. In fact, taking the first line of your post to heart, I really, sincerely hope and pray that all our overseas readers realize that you truly are only "speaking (not to mention typing and spelling) for yourself."

I'd like to finish this with a Rock "It doesn't matter what you think" meme directed at the general thread topic... but the recent news of him actively investigating running for POTUS scares the devil out of me enough to not want to introduce him into any political or leadership discussions at the moment. Hell, maybe this country is becoming a joke, who knows?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

What, does it trigger you that I have good faith in his intentions? That's too bad isn't it?

Well for starters, the fact that he has triggered the entire elite left conglomerates into a mass state of hysteria where they continue to expose themselves for the scum they truly are. By the way, the intentions of those that want Trump gone are crystal clear and requires zero speculation.

All this hooplah about Trump this and Trump that, but guess what? I'm not naive enough to believe Trump is the only corrupt one playing the dirty game of politics. Is he corrupt? Of course, who isn't, but that doesn't mean he isn't patriotic and can't care about his country. Does he care about you or me specifically? Probably not in the least, but you can't tell me that he doesn't care about America.

He will do whatever it takes to make what he feels will make America great again, even if it means stepping over some people, going through some loopholes and triggering a bunch of sensitive snowflakes.

It is what it is..

And his war against the real facists regime, aka the media, aka the elite left, aka all under the same umbrella, is a good start towards making America great again.

All you people crying only cry about trivial issues and are far too invested emotionally to see the bigger picture.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Trump and his supporters make America look great again - lots of positive energy, not driven by violence. Wants what is best for the collective.

Hate and ignorance are never good for the collective.

Hillary and all her ex & current supporters make America look retarded. Low energy and information, guided by violence because intelligence is beyond their grasp.

How is voting for a person that lied over 70% of the time an act of an intelligent person?

Wants what is best for the minorities and illegals at the expense of the majority and/or taxpayer.

That's the way a civilized nation works.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'll provide a meme.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Now you care? You are always telling us you don't care what people think of you.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

But we still love you

Why thank you.

A question: You wrote: "Racially we think your backswords "
In what way do you see the U.S. racially as having only a single cutting edge?
edit on 10-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

But we still love you

Why thank you.

In what way do see the U.S. racially as having only a single cutting edge?

I see the humor there, but as an American I'll say it's on point. The ones most frequently searching for racism behind every bush in America are often the same ones who push the BS notion that racism can only work in a single direction and there are classes of people who can never be racially discriminated against because: reasons.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

How sure are you about that...Just because you don't shoot them doesn't mean anything other than most people generally don't have the freedom to own/carry the firearm to do so. How much would you like to bet if I went and asked the Google that I would find some good examples?
edit on 10-7-2017 by RickyD because: I hate smart phones that can't spell the word I want...

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Sigh..............Apparently I'm going to have to keep saying this...It's our country.We. Don't. Care. What. Other. Countries. Think. Period. Can I make it any clearer than that?
Do you see us calling you idiots because of who you elect? Do you see us going nuts and digging up dirt on them? No. You don't. It's your country, do what you want with it.
Got your country all sorted out and made it perfect? Got rid of all those crooked politicians who don't give a damn about you?
No?
Well then, maybe you should just mind your own business.

I am amused. The OP, an American, is honestly (I think) trying to get a read on what others think of America. Then DAVID whatever bumbles in crowing "We. Don't. Care. What. Other. Countries. Think. Period." Well, that's all very nice but I don't think anybody was talking to you. The OP cares, fer starters. You have, though, pretty much summed up on a micro level what a lot of people don't like about America. A certain propensity among some for boorish behaviour when interacting with non-Americans...especially on their turf. So well done, Davey boy...well done.
On the other hand, I posted this a few days back in another thread, and I stand by it.:

My fondest memories of America are the small towns all dressed up in red, white and blue bunting to celebrate July 4th. I like the people I meet there...I find them open and friendly. I have never seen a gun there, outside of a range or on a cop. I like Hostess Real Fruit Fruit Pies. I like buying beer in a gas station. I've dined upon Dungeness crab in Seattle, steamed a bucket of clams in Maine, and visited Cafe du Monde for beignets (don't wear black!). I always enjoy a visit to The States, and I've probably seen more of it than most Americans. This is your day. Happy Birthday America!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You know ... It's interesting. American often get accused of being woefully ignorant of what it's like to be in other countries and their cultures and peoples, but forgive me for making this observation, but you guys sound as ignorant as we're ever accused of being of what it's like to be here and really live with us.

And by that, I don't mean that you would come away agreeing that America is the greatest ever, but that we aren't a bunch of ignorant, racist, violent yahoos looking to gun each other down on the streets or whatever other crazy stereotypes your press has pounded into your head.

I live smack dab in the middle of the country, probably close to the reddest of red. My husband works for a multi-national has coworkers from Europe, S. America, the Middle East, just about any region you could care to name and of most types of orientation and political affiliation. It's remarkable how they all get along, even speaking relatively openly about politics to some degree, and seem to enjoy living where they live and work now.

No one has been the victim of any hate crimes or anything like that and my husband has been in that career for pushing 20 years. It's an open carry state! And no one has died ... Imagine ...

But my point is that maybe we're all talking off our impression of what we have been allowed to know rather than what we actually do know?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just to point out the USA needs people from other countries and have done very well getting the best and brightest from around the world the thing is they are all going back home with the state of the US education system you don't have the most educated people in the world.
You need us and we need you but in the future who is going to be left behind?.

Michio Kaku explains it best here.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: pthena

But we still love you

Why thank you.

In what way do see the U.S. racially as having only a single cutting edge?

I see the humor there, but as an American I'll say it's on point. The ones most frequently searching for racism behind every bush in America are often the same ones who push the BS notion that racism can only work in a single direction and there are classes of people who can never be racially discriminated against because: reasons.

Hey you know i am not one of those people and as a mod you should know my some what anti pc and controversial threads regarding certain minoritys

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

it really is not about how countries view the US, and if they like or dislike Trump. it is about individuals and their personal views. in every country some like ang some dislike the US. some people liked Obama and how he ran the country, while others despised him. the same for Trump, some like him, some don't, net effect is nothing has really changed over all, other than a reversal of who likes and doesn't like the US and it's President. to be honest it's probably close to a 50/50 split. i see this from everyone i have contact with, be it in the US, Canada, the Philippines, Australia, Britain etc. there is both strong support and strong condemnation of Trump and his policies, just as for the last 8 years before you had both strong support, and strong condemnation of Obama and his policies. the only real change is those that hated Obama, seem to love Trump, and vice versa.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join