It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow ATSers from abroad (not the United States)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey

You are making an assumption that acceptance equates to pride.

I take no pride it what we are, I had no hand in our creation.

That being said, I feel no shame for what we are, I had no hand in our creation.

I accept that we are what we are, and we are a very long way from changing our nature.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: veracity

I'm not here to coddle your emotions and only provide attitudes that give you warm fuzzies, so...

We've already established the fact that the "peaceful native American who loved nature and the earth" is a fabricated, romanticized pipedream. Need proof? Drive through an Indian rez someday and note that you can instantly tell where their border is because it coincides with the copies fast food wrappers and empty bottles littering the entire area. So if history had worked out differently, I can only assume America would now look like a landfill. But please, continue believing Disney fairy tales.

Who's more powerful than the US? What country on Earth could withstand the full force of America's military or economic controls IF we really put our heart into total victory?

You have exposed yourself here. You covered white men and then managed to get a quick "except the Jews" in there... SJW in the house, ya?

You ponder the early settlers living in peace with the native's? That question should also be "what would have happened if the native's had lived in peace with the early settlers?" Neither side had clean hands, but one side (thankfully) had a LOT more hands to bring to the battlefields, which has always been the wisest strategy in any act of war or defense.

Im not asking for you to cuddle me and make me feel safe...I hope i never have to come into contact with people like you IRL.

The whitie and the jews are 2 different groups...Jew...minority, whities...majority, if you cannot comprehend then i guess we are just on different pages and have to agree to disagree.

You are a trump supporter i believe, if so, there really is no way for me to reason with you about America sinking in the ranks.

The Natives were kind, in fact our American hero Christopher jerkoff Columbus saw them and reported back to Spain that they were soft and easy to kill.

You can believe what you want, whatever fits your agenda but you are deflecting major factual information. If i were you i wouldnt speak too much of the subject when it comes up on ATS...just my opinion.
edit on 13-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The Natives were kind

?????

Maybe to the tribe mates but not to other tribes.

Not sure what book you have read but the Indians are still humans and humans do what humans do and that's explore and conquer, just because they lost doesn't mean they are kind people.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

The Natives were kind

?????

Not sure what book you have read but the Indians are still humans and humans do what humans do and that's explore and conquer, just because they lost doesn't mean they are kind people.

and what book did you read about Native Americans (not indians) that told you they did not like their neighbors?

"Indian" is the name our dumb fuk American hero Christopher Columbus gave them when he thought he had landed on India.
edit on 13-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
The whitie and the jews are 2 different groups...Jew...minority, whities...majority, if you cannot comprehend then i guess we are just on different pages and have to agree to disagree.

"whities"?!?!?

The Natives were kind, in fact our American hero Christopher jerkoff Columbus saw them and reported back to Spain that they were soft and easy to kill.
Amazing since Columbus never set foot on American soil!!! What extraordinary psychic powers he had. The Caribbean islands he landed on, gave him mixed results in relation to the natives. He was quite complimentary of some of the natives in the Bahamas, but their trading partners from surrounding islands were considered potential enemies to the Crown because they entered trade agreements with spears out and frequently killed neighboring traders if the trades didn't provide them all they demanded. (In criticism of Columbus, he portrayed these neighbors as cannibals, though they were not... they were simply more apt to kill anyone who they believed weren't offering them the best deals.)

You can believe what you want, whatever fits your agenda but you are deflecting major factual information. If i were you i wouldnt speak too much of the subject when it comes up on ATS...just my opinion.

This is a real hoot... you calling me out in regards to factual information. My argument isn't based on emotion, nor did I gather my opinions from Tumblr. If there is a dearth of factual information in this thread, it is coming directly from your opinion based and hyper PC biased posts, not mine. I've cited respected anthropologists, historians, and cultural resource scientists in my posts... you've cited rainbows, sunshine, farts, and unicorns.

.I hope i never have to come into contact with people like you IRL.

Yes, God forbid anyone ever has to face someone who not only disagrees with them, but has done more homework about topics and has the audacity to bring more than feels and tears to the table.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He landed in the bahamas, took advantage of the "indians" then called for more troops to exterminate the "Indians" in the Americas under his orders.

Im glad you like the word "whitie".

and to quote Poppy: Hey, I know it’s not all cupcakes and rainbows, but I’d rather go through life thinking that it mostly is instead of being like you. You don’t sing, you don’t dance, it’s so grey all the time! What happened to you?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

and to quote Poppy: Hey, I know it’s not all cupcakes and rainbows, but I’d rather go through life thinking that it mostly is instead of being like you. You don’t sing, you don’t dance, it’s so grey all the time! What happened to you?

I had to google that... it is from a children's animated movie "Trolls."
Here's where your quote, from a child's movie used in a thread where we are supposedly discussing deep historical context as adults, fails... You don't believe it is mostly cupcakes and rainbows. You're openly of the opinion that all of this world's woes are the fault of the "white male" (AKA "whitie" LMGDAO) who is, as you admit, the majority. Thus, the majority of your world violates the idea that you're going through life thinking it is mostly cupcakes and rainbows. In fact, I'd wager that you experience a hell of a lot more angst, outrage, and self righteous indignation than those of us you believe live in a world of grey.

I have no lingering bitches over this thread or topic. I've brought historical, non revisionist, non SJW sanitized for minority protection and feels FACTS to this discussion. They are what they are. I've got no emotion invested in this... and I'm not the one desperately trying to change reality to fit within my myopic little safe space. Same for the thread in general... I'm cool with the direction the nation is heading on because it is rooted in realism and an overall fairness of opportunity and self responsibility. But please, by all means do what you need to do to defend your protective bubble.

ETA... correcting more of the vapid 'antifacts' you're continuing to post. Columbus didn't want to "exterminate" the Indians. Quite to opposite, he reported that most of them could be converted to Christianity and become serfs of the Crown alongside all the other peasants Spain had claimed rulership over. He actually told Spain they had a great deal of usefulness and would be easy enough to work with. The fact of the matter was that many of those native died from diseases common to Europe, but previously unencountered in the new world... there was no grand attempt to intentionally kill out the indiginous people until much, much later when the Indians posed a major threat to pioneer safety and security, attacking them as soon as they got far west enough to not have any military defense available. Those skirmishes and massacres created the Indian wars int the New World.
edit on 13-7-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

The Natives were kind

?????

and what book did you read about Native Americans (not indians) that told you they did not like their neighbors?

"Indian" is the name our dumb fuk American hero Christopher Columbus gave them when he thought he had landed on India.

I suggest you read where Columbus went.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

oh please just stop it with your idiot agenda. I was trying to be funny with the Trollz quote but looks like you cannot take a joke. Yes it is a movie i watch regularly bc I have a child that loves it and i know it by heart and might i add, its a VERY VERY cute childrens movie, i reccommend it for anyone.

All CC had in mind when he came was $$ or GOLD, or how can i get MORE...land, gold, slaves, sex! He didnt want to convert the natives, he wanted them out of his way...which means exterminate them. I have no idea WTF your sources are on this.

Please, no more on this subject with you, its making me very disgusted with mankind.

have a nice night.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Columbus was a person who did what humans were programmed to do, explore.

Honestly, take a break and do some reading on history, it's an amazing experience when you transfer your mind to those times.

Have a great night.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420
I'm saying the same as you so your assumption thinking whatever you think I think is moot.
Stay on topic, don't invent stuff you don't know.
The US and British treated the native americans like dirt, and the US treated black people like dirt until the 1960's

*On-topic, it's mad that people walk the streets of the US who were alive in the 1960's days and still believe that crap. I think that is a blight on the reputation of a nation when they stopped treating black people like dirt so recently...similar blight South Africa suffers.

edit on 13-7-2017 by InceyWincey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

All CC had in mind when he came was $$ or GOLD, or how can i get MORE...land, gold, slaves, sex! He didnt want to convert the natives, he wanted them out of his way...which means exterminate them. I have no idea WTF your sources are on this.

Yes, he was also driven by money and power, BUT...
Allow me to use an actual Indian source for this, just to throw you into a tailspin of personal conflict over how to deal with a person you disagree with using a protected source.
'cause I'm an evil SOB like that.
www.americanindiansource.com...

"YOUR HIGHNESSES, as Catholic Christians and Princes who love the holy Christian faith, and the propagation of it, and who are enemies to the sect of Mahoma [Islam] and to all idolatries and heresies, resolved to send me, Cristóbal Colon, to the said parts of India to see the said princes ... with a view that they might be converted to our holy faith … Thus, after having turned out all the Jews from all your kingdoms and lordships ... your Highnesses gave orders to me that with a sufficient fleet I should go to the said parts of India .... I shall forget sleep, and shall work at the business of navigation, so that the service is performed."

Columbus wasn't a monster, he was simply following orders in an era in which exploration and empire building was standard of the major kingdoms of Europe.

Please, no more on this subject with you, its making me very disgusted with mankind.

You're disgusted with mankind, I'm disheartened by the obvious failures of the modern educational system where the teaching of actual history is concerned... there we are.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Are you implying that forced conversion to a religion is kind?
CC was a monster. What he did out of greed and pride is unspeakable yet he holds high status in our country but I'm sure a seat in hell as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Are you implying that forced conversion to a religion is kind?
CC was a monster. What he did out of greed and pride is unspeakable yet he holds high status in our country but I'm sure a seat in hell as well.

I'm not implying forced conversion was kind, I'm saying that forced conversion was the standard of the 1400s. Be it the Catholics and their crusades or the Islamists and the Ottoman Empire. The US was founded as a nation on a principle of religious freedom, largely because of how Europe tended to force religious compliance and acceptance on people based on the wonts of their monarchs (which they learned from the Roman Empire 1,000 years+ earlier). If we're putting Columbus in hell, then we may as well put the majority of people from that era into hell alongside him.

Look, I'm not defending Columbus. In many ways the jackass was akin to Mohammed, a leader who facilitated and condoned murders, rapes, child molestation, enslaving anyone who looked sideways at his people, etc. Both were monsterous asshats by today's standards, BUT as any discussion about medieval religion will turn to, times then were supposedly different. Columbus Day in the US isn't even really a holiday for most anymore... it's not like many of us get it off of work and, decades ago when most did, it wasn't like anyone was celebrating Columbus. It was a day to wave a little American flag and watch football on TV, maybe go get in a day of fall fishing or something. Frankly, if you're going to get fussed over Columbus Day being observed because of his vile actions and beliefs, you probably should also line up to protest Muslim holidays, Martin Luther King Jr Day (he was an adulterer and was physically abusive to women), President's Day, TAX DAY, Cinco De Mayo (would never have happened without Columbus), The 4th of July (oh the bloodshed), Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, and Black Friday... Each and every one of these observances either honors someone who was a total vacuum of modern morality or feeds into some manner of celebration of American exceptionalism and empirialism. Please, don't be a hypocrite!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I didn't say anything about Columbus Day.
So...we're on the same page, CC was an asshat

Ok

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
America - a nation where it's people are manipulated into believing it is Luke Skywalker while it often acts like Darth Vader.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I'm from Western Canada. Almost everyone I know wishes that we had Trump as a Prime Minister instead of that idiot Justin Trudeau. There's a few that have been brainwashed by the media, our CBC is very anti Trump. However, if you are to ask those people what exactly they don't like, they can't come up with an answer. For the most part the anti Trumpers here are low IQ humans who don't have a clue about geo politics or the world around them.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOf40

I'm from Western Canada. Almost everyone I know wishes that we had Trump as a Prime Minister instead of that idiot Justin Trudeau. There's a few that have been brainwashed by the media, our CBC is very anti Trump. However, if you are to ask those people what exactly they don't like, they can't come up with an answer. For the most part the anti Trumpers here are low IQ humans who don't have a clue about geo politics or the world around them.

so everyone you know thinks that the media is anti-trump and that is why everyone else is brainwashed except you and your like-minded friends and family?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOf40

NorthOf40,

I dislike Trump, and I have totally legitimate reasons, having to do with his character, his behaviour, his damned near criminal business practices, and the fact that despite campaigning on a platform which relied heavily on his not being a politician, his modus operandi is exactly the same, just a damned sight less sophisticated, than that of a politician. The rules are simple for him. Lie so often, and so fantastically badly, that people are so gobsmacked that they can barely get done reacting to one piece of nonsense he has spouted or done, before another pops up to deal with.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

?

Sounds like you know little of European history. Terrorism isn't anything new here. Also despite your opinion that probably had help being formed by the likes of Breitbart (brainwashing) Europe is not running from any problems.

Considering Europe had a hand in the displacing of people in Libya and Syria then we should have a hand in finding refuge for them, not everyone wanting in Europe is an economic migrant, some come from war zones.

Don't bother with any talk about Eastern Europe nations either, they were welcome in the rest of Europe too after the mess of WWII... Refugees.

Again I'll mention we've had terrorism in Europe for a long time, much of it homegrown and most of it's settled, fortunately the US didn't have a large hand in those historic cases, I can't say the same today.

I'm sorry you're not intelligent enough to realise how Europe faces the problems on our borders or terrorism at home.

Look at the numbers, we are not awash with Islamic immigrants, most of them were already here, we're not taking in millions upon millions of Muslims, our demographics haven't changed in a few years.

Europe had a big hand in the Libyan conflict and do so in Syria, who are we running away from again? Again we're handling the backlash of those conflicts too, tell me again how we are running from our problems?

Oh yeah... Walls, it's about walls isn't it?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join