It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow ATSers from abroad (not the United States)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Sure.

Trump and his supporters make America look great again - lots of positive energy, not driven by violence. Wants what is best for the collective.

Hillary and all her ex & current supporters make America look retarded. Low energy and information, guided by violence because intelligence is beyond their grasp. Wants what is best for the minorities and illegals at the expense of the majority and/or taxpayer.

edit on 10/7/2017 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Tried answering... but, how can one realistically describe how one feels about 1/4th of western society and their shenanigans, without looking like a total Besserwisser.

But, most people i know and work with think your country is nice, but also that your politics (domestic and foreign) are totally #ed. But most people just read the mainstream news.

My own opinion is pretty neutral (as in, I don't think I have enough knowledge to judge accurately) . I just read stuff... ... but you know ... America could ease up on you know.... wars and stuff... your causing to much chaos...

Regards,

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I am just gathering some info for my own personal agenda on how other countries view the United States.

I would like to know where you believe we stand compared to other countries on political issues such as climate change and immigration issues. Feel free to discuss anything actually, religion, G20...anything.

I would also like to know your views on America as a nation and how Donald Trump has either changed these views for the better, worse or no change at all.

I know there is a low percentage of abroad ATSers on this board so Im hoping to gather all opinions in one place for a great discussion.

Thank you.

I'm not sure if the current American politics have much to do with many people on the ground.
People are very divided about AGW climate change for instance, but they may have genuine reasons...they feel, for that. What Trump thinks is anybodies guess, and I don't see him as anyone's guiding light.
But, my guess is that most Americans have more sense that that man.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If it is examples of snobbery you're looking for, I bet you'll find a lot of it. Europeans especially will give you some good derision. But I look at America as the last saving grace of the West. It is the only country with the moral courage to stand up to tyranny and defend the world. It is the only country that learns from its mistakes.

Europe on the other hand is committing suicide. Once they slowly die off due to declining birthrates, the labour force will need to be replaced in order to continue funding their massive welfare states and bureaucracies. Despite that, they often still look at themselves as more enlightened. Hilarious.

edit on 10-7-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: veracity
The United States Of America is a great and beautiful country.
It only has one fault and that's the people who inhabit it. Well not everybody but more importantly a small percentage of well placed (well what word do I use, morons, idiots, self centered, egotistical, the list is endless) people who 1. thinks that they are gods gift to humankind, 2. think they are gods 3. think that they are always right and the rest of the world wrong and they MUST fall in line and if not will be forced in line, and the biggie 4. think THEY are the worlds only saviour, which they ain't.
Have a nice day._javascript:icon('
')

You mean humans in general that inhabit every country?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to live in a country which jails people at the rate the US does, gets people going bankrupt over medical bills, taxes citizens on income earned while overseas unless you renounce citizenship, has cops who will shoot you if they're being pricks and you call them out.
No, America is one of the last nations I'd ever move to.

Now Canada though, in a heartbeat, but I'm happy here in the UK.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey

For the land of the free they have the most percentage of adults in jail in the world lol.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Isn't there a thread just below this one about an MP in your government using a very racist phrase to describe the Brexit deal to her colleagues...Of which no one spoke up and said anything about? But yea the big bad ol US racists right...

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think America is a great country ruled by bad men. Similar to the world no ?

I think your society is crazy and murderous with all the gun crime that goes on and I believe you are a heavily medicated country, was that opinion born from my own research or was it born from countless media and movies pushing it down my neck since I'm a kid, could be either.

I personally think trump is a good man and good president, I choose this simply because the media tells me to choose the opposite, and when have those guys ever had my best interest at heart.

But what does it matter what we think of America as a country, your own population is divided down several middles whether it be republicans or dems, black or white, rich or poor, same way the whole world is divided down those middles.

I would love to hear members opinions on why they dislike trump tho, and not just because they don't like him, I want actual reasons and evidence of the harm the man has caused since he came to office.

Thanks for the thread brother, I wish you all the luck in the world at dodging the bullets that are sure to be fired from a lot of members on here 😂. Peace my friend

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

LOL yes, I also like being able to cross the street where I feel it's safe and grow whatever I like in my front yard.
Can even grow cannabis at home in Britain on the sly and only get a lame fine if less than ten plants.
Nobody goes to prison for personal possession, jail for weed LMAO, the US is oppressed, and the UK couldn't afford enough prisons to nick all the pot smokers.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI
Of course. But the OP was about the US. We in the UK have always known we were run by idiots, but it's taking you a long time to find out. Hence, Kennedy, a paid for presidency. Nixon, a liar and cheat. Reagan , an actor!!! An actor for gods sake. Obama, the token black man. What will Trump turn out to be. I sincerely hope he turns out to be one of your best presidents. Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: crazyewok

Isn't there a thread just below this one about an MP in your government using a very racist phrase to describe the Brexit deal to her colleagues...Of which no one spoke up and said anything about? But yea the big bad ol US racists right...

But we dont summarily execute our black people :p

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

WILL he NATIONALIZE our banks like in ICELAND?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Sigh..............Apparently I'm going to have to keep saying this...It's our country. We. Don't. Care. What. Other. Countries. Think. Period. Can I make it any clearer than that?
Do you see us calling you idiots because of who you elect? Do you see us going nuts and digging up dirt on them? No. You don't. It's your country, do what you want with it.
Got your country all sorted out and made it perfect? Got rid of all those crooked politicians who don't give a damn about you?
No?
Well then, maybe you should just mind your own business.

Nah you spend billions on regime change and coups every year and you've killed over 20 million since WW2 in 37 wars. It's the ignorance of foreign policy and arrogance of thinking you have free reign for illegal regime change but others can't speak ill of your own that makes us think you're backwards.

Trump's 'America First' policy is making him look increasingly like Kim Jong Un. Americans in general are really nice people so no idea why they elected that eejit.
edit on 10-7-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Sigh..............Apparently I'm going to have to keep saying this...It's our country. We. Don't. Care. What. Other. Countries. Think. Period. Can I make it any clearer than that?
Do you see us calling you idiots because of who you elect? Do you see us going nuts and digging up dirt on them? No. You don't. It's your country, do what you want with it.
Got your country all sorted out and made it perfect? Got rid of all those crooked politicians who don't give a damn about you?
No?

I'll remember this quote the next time I see a thread where Americans are bashing foreign/sovereign nations.

Not to mention, I wasn't aware America had its problems worked out and that our corrupt politicians are in jail.

Weird how that happens when living in #alternativefact land

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: InceyWincey

For the land of the free they have the most percentage of adults in jail in the world lol.

And many of them non-violent offenses.

In other words, they smoked or had some pot on them.

Land of the free baby! Where consenting and "free," adults can't puff the magic dragon at home on their couch after a long day of work because "drugs r baaad mmmmkay"

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
If it is examples of snobbery you're looking for, I bet you'll find a lot of it. Europeans especially will give you some good derision. But I look at America as the last saving grace of the West. It is the only country with the moral courage to stand up to tyranny and defend the world. It is the only country that learns from its mistakes.

Europe on the other hand is committing suicide. Once they slowly die off due to declining birthrates, the labour force will need to be replaced in order to continue funding their massive welfare states and bureaucracies. Despite that, they often still look at themselves as more enlightened. Hilarious.

^ This is exactly why you US-Americans are so "loved" by the world.
Yes, I should stop using sarcasm, but it was just so worth it.

Nobody loves a BULLY.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

No?

Your problem is, you always want to be first, the loudest, the greatest, the world police, the good guys.
That´s the problem why so much others care about the crap coming from the former US of A, you wanted the whole world to care about you, to think like you, to go to wars with you, etc.

If you don´t want to be the star of the circus, don´t play the clown!

Now you have what you want, but it is not good enough.

But the world is almost doing like you wish, we slowly all turn away, laugh a bit, shake with our heads and don´t care about Trump "US"A anymore, because it doesn´t make sense to listen or speak to people like Trump, this man is mentally ill/demented, mixed with a bit of dyslexia and bad businessmanship. Even if you want, but you observed him and his behaviour the last months, you can´t take this child in a mans body serious. Same is for his blind and dumb followers.

Our politicians aren´t the best too(how could they, they are politicians), but we don´t follow them like the crowd that follows Trump in the same way the germans followed Hitler, 1933-45. Blind, dumb and programmed by rightwinger propaganda. We don´t praise our politicians for their wrongdoings, we critize them if it is necessary. And because they are lying politicians, it is necessary, every day!

And, to be honest, you call the whole world idiots, because you think only your opinion is the only right one, you think that only you own the only truth. That everybody has to follow you if you say something. If they don´t do so, they are terrorists and end on the former US definition of "The Axis Of Evil".

Nobody sane wants to play with the bully anymore, because he is the bully.
Except the weak, that hope you will give them protection!
And those that live in fear of the bully and to not get hit everyday, they act as if they would like to be the bullies friends.

When we were childs everybody wanted to go to the former USA. The longer you live and see the game they play, everything else is better than to go to the USA. Sad for the nice and sane people there, sad for the nice landscape there. But your ruling class ruined it, over the decades, doesn´t matter which side of your one party system was in power, dems or reps! And your uneducated rightwingers that follow their Führer blindly!

Plus: The internet broke the former USA`s neck, all the dirt came to the light, the world suddenly saw the former USA like they never saw them before, through the right glasses. You were good in playing a role, like in Hollywood. Good in selling yourself as the good guy to the (western) world, the fighter for freedom, democracy, liberty, all that jabbering. But the internet took of your mask!

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'll just say this - America with Trump at the helm, if genuine with his intentions, which I believe to be the case, will make America great again.

It's only when you listen to the cries of the left, the lies of the media and the mass hysteria of their collective hive-minds, will you not be able to recognize it.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

^ This is exactly why you US-Americans are so "loved" by the world.
Yes, I should stop using sarcasm, but it was just so worth it.

Nobody loves a BULLY.

Nobody loves a crybaby either. Nonetheless, the entirety of Europe is defended from foreign threats by a vast amount of American defence spending.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join