It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow ATSers from abroad (not the United States)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Yes, and?
Just sayin' you know, that the US was built on mass killing of natives, then latterly the mistreatment of black people right up until the 1960's.
No shame of yours personally, but equally no pride if you had nothing to do with the good or bad of US history.
When people shout Murica! I assume they include all thoughts of mistreatment of minorities up until recent years.
Of course I know you haven't shouted Murica! in this thread, but you know.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey

AMERICA!!!!

Eff yeah!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Theres a good movie I forget its name set in the 1500's-1600's where a tribe converts to Christianity loses its warrior ways then of course gets slaughtered by one of the more tough tribes still out there....it sort of resonates because western society is now weak and its manifest destiny will now probably be similar. No preacher wants to tell you Samson killed 1000 with a jawbone and sometimes you have to fight or you die,Jesus might be coming back but if you read it for yourself the formalities are pretty nasty.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner! This is exactly why I am so vehemently opposed to the US allowing more and more immigrants into this country. History has a way of repeating itself and the country has slowly been abdicating it's balls over the past 30-40 years. We are ripe for conquering at this point. Since the idea of America collectively rediscovering it's sack and once again placing its boot across the throat of the world, where said boot belongs, is an ambitious pipedream at best, the only sure defense is to simply shut the damn doors. America is just one wrong step away from accepting gift baskets of free blankets at this point.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

AMERICA!!!!

Eff yeah!
Yes, quite.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well then... MURICA!!!

It may not be politically correct, but I have pride in the creation of this country. It's a fool's errand to apply modern sensibilities to historical events and decisions. If I had a time machine, I would not change any of it because it all built the most powerful nation in the world. Sometimes you have to destroy things to build something great... that's American history in a nutshell.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

My country, an ally to the US, has similar problems with things like immigration,global warming,education,our medical system etc etc we are going backwards at a great rate of knots its almost like the Western World is on a suicide mission... everything is now regulated hell even our air force has to run targets through a lawyer before they can do anything...I dont know where this is headed but in my 50's Ive now taken up tactical training again and refreshing skills I had in earlier years I do think whatever is coming it will be at the those you love and care about level.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

How can you feel pride? You had nothing to do with the creation of the US.
The situation of the natives and what happened to them is a disgrace though.
Plenty of disgraceful stuff in the history of my nation, at least I accept it was disgraceful.
I feel no pride or shame in the history of my nation...I had nothing personally to do with it, I just praise or criticise it.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Sheye

whites have never been exterminated.

Neither were the indians. At least not by Europeans. Plenty of smaller tribes in the southwest were sure exterminated when the Mayans were grabbing any and all humans they could get their hands on to sacrifice to their various gods in hopes of the droughts and pandemics that were killing their society ending. There's that "one with nature, peaceful spirituality again... tell me this, when was the last time Judaism, Christianity, or hell even Islam practiced wide scale human sacrifice? Oh yeah, they never did that. But my goodness the false narrative of peace and oneness must be defended regardless of how blatantly imaginary it is, ya?
slaveryinjustice.wordpress.com...

you didnt read my article i posted...dont worry, im not surprised.

It talks about generals claiming that a good indian is a dead indian and how they themselves threw around the term extermination all the time without guilt.

Im not making this up.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: thesaneone

Those gassed during ww2 as well.

oh, lofl, are the Jews what you had in mind when you spoke of the Whites?

Please, just please...stop posting ignorance...it gets worse and worse.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: thesaneone

Those gassed during ww2 as well.

oh, lofl, are the Jews what you had in mind when you spoke of the Whites?

wow
so were people not gassed during ww2 or just not white people?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Please take your own advice.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

And I'm sure many Indians said the same about the white man.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Well then... MURICA!!!

It may not be politically correct, but I have pride in the creation of this country. It's a fool's errand to apply modern sensibilities to historical events and decisions. If I had a time machine, I would not change any of it because it all built the most powerful nation in the world. Sometimes you have to destroy things to build something great... that's American history in a nutshell.

Right there

thats the attitude that I very much dislike. Exterminating and destroying people and peace to grow and make what...cities and industries that destroy the earth? I wonder what would have been better...selfish greedy white men running the country or peaceful Native Americans who loved and worshipped earth and nature.

And, America is NOT the most powerful nation in the world. I know that is your opinion but I just want to let you know that you have your blinders on.

Im happy with my city and my car and my life...but i cant help but think...what if the white man (not speaking of jews) was not so greedy and had more compassion.

What if the early settlers lived along with the natives and did not slaughter them.

What if...
edit on 13-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: InceyWincey

How can you feel pride? You had nothing to do with the creation of the US.
The situation of the natives and what happened to them is a disgrace though.

Because given my knowledge of the world at that time, I'd have done everything pretty much the same way the US did it. There was no disgrace in America's handling of native's... all parties did what they needed to do first to survive, then to thrive.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There was no disgrace in America's handling of native's

Oh, okay.
I'm comfortable admitting that my British ancestors dehumanised and treated invaded nations poorly.
If you are proud about how native Americans were treated then we'll never find agreement. I'll leave you to it.
If you are proud about how the natives were treated in North America then by default you should be proud about how the British Empire treated 2/3rds of the world. I'm assuming you come from conquering stock you are particularly proud of?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Right now someone is in a stinking desert getting shot at so you can put petrol in that car your Nike sneakers were made by 15 cent an hour labour by someone that works 16 hours a day pontificate all you like but we ALL condone the evils necessary to be comfy

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm not here to coddle your emotions and only provide attitudes that give you warm fuzzies, so...

We've already established the fact that the "peaceful native American who loved nature and the earth" is a fabricated, romanticized pipedream. Need proof? Drive through an Indian rez someday and note that you can instantly tell where their border is because it coincides with the copies fast food wrappers and empty bottles littering the entire area. So if history had worked out differently, I can only assume America would now look like a landfill. But please, continue believing Disney fairy tales.

Who's more powerful than the US? What country on Earth could withstand the full force of America's military or economic controls IF we really put our heart into total victory?

You have exposed yourself here. You covered white men and then managed to get a quick "except the Jews" in there... SJW in the house, ya?

You ponder the early settlers living in peace with the native's? That question should also be "what would have happened if the native's had lived in peace with the early settlers?" Neither side had clean hands, but one side (thankfully) had a LOT more hands to bring to the battlefields, which has always been the wisest strategy in any act of war or defense.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There is currently no race (or even culture, for that matter) on the planet that has not been both the conqueror and the conquered.

To claim that one is more noble than another because of the current conditions, is a slap in the face to the combined history of mankind.

I say this because a great deal of our progress has been provided by conquerors figuring out how to conquer and the conquered figuring out how to throw off their shackles.

Sorry, but we are animals first, humans second....all of us.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'm assuming you come from conquering stock you are particularly proud of?

LOL... Scandinavian, German, and Prussian/western Russia/Baltic. Your statement is obviously accurate.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
There is currently no race (or even culture, for that matter) on the planet that has not been both the conqueror and the conquered.

No need to remind me of that, I already knew it, I'm just not proud of the horrible things my nation did to conquer others in history. Treating fellow humans like dirt is nothing to be proud of in my mind.
Strange, I know.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join