It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow ATSers from abroad (not the United States)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

There is equal blame to go around, both parties deserve blame for the state of our country, but the lions share of responsibility belongs on the people.

We the people allowed the vocal fringe to take control of both parties, we allowed the Media to dictate the narrative never questioning, and probably the biggest sin of all; We have yet to hold these old Farkers accountable for their corruption and back room deals.

We keep voting in the same tired people because we know the name not because we have stayed engaged with the system. Our country as it was built was set up for we the people to be the final check against to much power and corruption getting control. Then we got fat dumb and lazy because times were good, which allowed the fringe's to gain control. You know economy is good I am employed why should I keep watching that, oh look they say the brown man is being discriminated against... (SJW) or on the other end, they are taking our jobs... (or guns) for the republican side.

Now the economy is still struggling, health care costs are to high and still climbing, middle class is evaporating and the politicians barely even try to hide the corruption anymore.

Trump got elected because Hillary appeared to be a product of the corrupt system that so many people are slowly waking up to, so a lot of folks went will screw it whats the worst that could happen.

I expect in the future we will see more non-traditional politicians as the (god I hope ) awakening people begin to fight to regain control of the Govt.

ETA: sorry for running off at the mouth here, just been a weird few days.
edit on 11-7-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Whats your problem.

I said my peace. Accept or ignore

The OP cant set rules. You and him should start your own website.

Its ok, i expected and actually wanted ignorant blatherings in this thread to prove my point that we can point out the jerk boneheads very easily.

So you admit that this thread was just started for " ignorant blatherings" and not at all for actually wanting to know and respecting how people viewed the US.

Says more about you and your sick motivation than it does about what you perceive as ignorance.
Then you wonder why libs aren't trusted... how sad for you ... tsk tsk.

did i make a thread just for you guys to be miserable in? NO

did i expect it to happen? Yes

and its welcomed on this anonymous message board bc it coincides with why America is viewed so negatively.

thanks for your participation.

Who's being miserable ? I'm just being honest which is what I thought you wanted and respected ?
Instead .. I get called ignorant for my viewpoints by someone who clearly started a thread so ATS could clearly see who the ignorant were.

Now that is a miserable and ignorant thing to do and shows once again the level of hate and contempt many libs have.

Thanks for showing us your true colors .

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You sure you're Canadian? You don't spell like one.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Welp, screw that and anyone who agrees with you.

That was easy.

I dont mind constructive criticism. This is not that.

Thanks for proving me right. You are just flaming, not actually trying to benefit anyone but your own sense of superiority.

EDIT TO ADD:
I am also a first generation American of European descent, hold a valid member state passport and have lived and worked abroad in Europe for several years after a lifetime of traveling there. My family is still active in our ancestral nation.

I am by your definition welcome to interject. I only hold a dual citizenship. Thats not a problem that warrants my silence in your circle jerk is it?

I am probably better traveled than you.

edit on 7 11 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Haha 😜 I'm actually Tazmanian ... shhhh

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

Has anyone mentioned the way Americans know what's happening in the UK better than the Brits do?

Its a proven fact that visiting shonky websites gives you a better insight into British life than actually living it.

So, while we Londoners think Sadiq Khan is a liberal London boy made good who addresses the Pride parade, yanks know he's a Muslim extremist just waiting to introduce Sharia.

We think that we have a very low homicide rate compared to the US but the yanks know we are very vulnerable.

We think we are more likely to be hit by a bus than attacked by a terrorist - particularly us oldies who remember the daily IRA attacks in the seventies - but yanks know there are hundreds of thousands of heavily armed jihadis around every British corner.

And so on...

Luckily, there are many many Americans who are passionate about showing us the reality of our own lives!

I dont doubt that there are Americans out there that think they know it ALL. I like to call them trump supporters...they are also the ones who do not care what other countries think about us. Its easy to spot them.

Now I clearly see the partisan reasons for you starting this thread. You have no idea how many Canadians are rooting for Trump to have success in his leadership. He may be considered " wild" to some , but he's the best kind of wild I've yet to see.

You have no idea how many Canadians would trade Trudeau for him in a heartbeat. Trudeau is destroying Canada and Canadian values and selling it off to the highest bidders.

Nice try on trying to make it seem outsiders think America is crap as well as its leader. ATS is only a small spectrum of people.

im sure there are lots and lots and lots, probably everyone you know...in your friendship circle.

OH how i wish we could trade for Trudeau...

Actually not in my friendship circle , but many on twitter who see him as a good thing. You want Trudeau... please take the child and his stinky socks.. and his government payouts to terrorist criminals.

The fact that you would take Trudeau over Trump shows how much you don't care about your own country. I care about the future of Canadians and that is why many of us want Trudeau gone badly.... so we'll send him and his stinky socks to live with you.

As you can see from the thread, some are only worried about how they are perceived. Obama himself was really big on how Americans are perceived by others, and relied on a campaign of political correctness to rectify it. But some are more interested in results than looks.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Haha 😜 I'm actually Tazmanian ... shhhh
Well, that explains everything...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Welp, screw that and anyone who agrees with you.

That was easy.

I dont mind constructive criticism. This is not that.

Thanks for proving me right. You are just flaming, not actually trying to benefit anyone but your own sense of superiority.

EDIT TO ADD:
I am also a first generation American of European descent, hold a valid member state passport and have lived and worked abroad in Europe for several years after a lifetime of traveling there. My family is still active in our ancestral nation.

I am by your definition welcome to interject. I only hold a dual citizenship. Thats not a problem that warrants my silence in your circle jerk is it?

I am probably better traveled than you.

Im not trying to prove my own superiority and Im sure you are more traveled than I am. You can post all you want in this thread. Its addressed to those abroad but a little spice from the Americans make it fun.
edit on 11-7-2017 by veracity because: spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

Has anyone mentioned the way Americans know what's happening in the UK better than the Brits do?

Its a proven fact that visiting shonky websites gives you a better insight into British life than actually living it.

So, while we Londoners think Sadiq Khan is a liberal London boy made good who addresses the Pride parade, yanks know he's a Muslim extremist just waiting to introduce Sharia.

We think that we have a very low homicide rate compared to the US but the yanks know we are very vulnerable.

We think we are more likely to be hit by a bus than attacked by a terrorist - particularly us oldies who remember the daily IRA attacks in the seventies - but yanks know there are hundreds of thousands of heavily armed jihadis around every British corner.

And so on...

Luckily, there are many many Americans who are passionate about showing us the reality of our own lives!

I dont doubt that there are Americans out there that think they know it ALL. I like to call them trump supporters...they are also the ones who do not care what other countries think about us. Its easy to spot them.

Now I clearly see the partisan reasons for you starting this thread. You have no idea how many Canadians are rooting for Trump to have success in his leadership. He may be considered " wild" to some , but he's the best kind of wild I've yet to see.

You have no idea how many Canadians would trade Trudeau for him in a heartbeat. Trudeau is destroying Canada and Canadian values and selling it off to the highest bidders.

Nice try on trying to make it seem outsiders think America is crap as well as its leader. ATS is only a small spectrum of people.

im sure there are lots and lots and lots, probably everyone you know...in your friendship circle.

OH how i wish we could trade for Trudeau...

Actually not in my friendship circle , but many on twitter who see him as a good thing. You want Trudeau... please take the child and his stinky socks.. and his government payouts to terrorist criminals.

The fact that you would take Trudeau over Trump shows how much you don't care about your own country. I care about the future of Canadians and that is why many of us want Trudeau gone badly.... so we'll send him and his stinky socks to live with you.

As you can see from the thread, some are only worried about how they are perceived. Obama himself was really big on how Americans are perceived by others, and relied on a campaign of political correctness to rectify it. But some are more interested in results than looks.

results come from what you call " looks". Caring how other countries perceive us is actually not all all caring about how we "look". Its expanding your mind to take in what others perceive as faults and finding a way to improve. An extremely intelligent person knows they always have something to learn, and know they do not "know it all" (thinking you know it all is actually what lower intelligent people do). Learning from others is one sure way to expand and become better.

Obama was very intelligent, its not surprising he cared what other countries thought about America.
edit on 11-7-2017 by veracity because: awkward wording

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I would expect that to be the basic explanation, and I agree a post is a post is a post..unless its pounded into the ground to hold up a mailbox.

Personally? I look at us all as equals. A member is a member is a member... even if they may be from Venus..or Mars. And I expect we probably do have few of those as well.

It shouldnt matter where we are from. Thanks.............

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Whats your problem.

Its ok, i expected and actually wanted ignorant blatherings in this thread to prove my point that we can point out the jerk boneheads very easily.

So you yourself confess you started this thread to expose jerk boneheads 🙄.

Is this your way of getting intelligent feedback to better America.

You confessed your true agenda and it has nothing to do with sincere feedback that is respected.

I give this thread a huge fail based on your own confession of motivations. 👎🏼
edit on 11-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Whats your problem.

You confessed your true agenda and it has nothing to do with sincere feedback that is respected.

and its welcomed on this anonymous message board bc it coincides with why America is viewed so negatively.

(and please dont make me cut & paste this again)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

So what his motivations many of us have given our honest opinion on the subject. Sorry many aren't waving the stars and stripes and sorry If we hurt your feelings.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Whats your problem.

(and please dont make me cut & paste this again)

Once again.. I am not miserable.. I said mostly positive things about the US... why is that the ones who miserably dumped on it are seen as the intelligent ones ?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

There is equal blame to go around, both parties deserve blame for the state of our country, but the lions share of responsibility belongs on the people.

We the people allowed the vocal fringe to take control of both parties, we allowed the Media to dictate the narrative never questioning, and probably the biggest sin of all; We have yet to hold these old Farkers accountable for their corruption and back room deals.

We keep voting in the same tired people because we know the name not because we have stayed engaged with the system. Our country as it was built was set up for we the people to be the final check against to much power and corruption getting control. Then we got fat dumb and lazy because times were good, which allowed the fringe's to gain control. You know economy is good I am employed why should I keep watching that, oh look they say the brown man is being discriminated against... (SJW) or on the other end, they are taking our jobs... (or guns) for the republican side.

Now the economy is still struggling, health care costs are to high and still climbing, middle class is evaporating and the politicians barely even try to hide the corruption anymore.

Trump got elected because Hillary appeared to be a product of the corrupt system that so many people are slowly waking up to, so a lot of folks went will screw it whats the worst that could happen.

I expect in the future we will see more non-traditional politicians as the (god I hope ) awakening people begin to fight to regain control of the Govt.

ETA: sorry for running off at the mouth here, just been a weird few days.

its ok, I feel like running my mouth off sometimes too.

The corrupt politicians know how to control WE the people with gerrymandering and voter laws. Yes WE have a voice and WE elect the officials, but they have their evil ways of controlling the outcome.

I believe the major problem today is voter apathy. The majority of people just arent that "political" or believe their vote doesnt really count anyways...so why vote. We literally have been beat down with the sheeple stick to either vote for who they tell us to or not vote at all...then we get...Trump.

Yes alot of factors went into how and why we came up with trump as the most qualified leader of our country, but I believe alot of it is bc we have been beaten down to a pulp and feel like we have no say.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Sheye

So what his motivations many of us have given our honest opinion on the subject. Sorry many aren't waving the stars and stripes and sorry If we hurt your feelings.

You didn't hurt my feelings .. I just get frustrated with underhanded motivations that are made to look sincere.

And yes ... I'll proudly fly the American flag right next to our Canadian one. I don't fling crap into our neighbors yard... and I always sincerely wish the best for that country just as I do our own.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

There are two different things happening, whenever I think of America.

On the one hand, you have the massive respect I used to have for many of our American members, and still have for a few of them. This respect comes from interaction, from being familiar enough with enough of the American members here, to have understood the raw intelligence, the passion for their lifestyles and livelihoods which makes so many of our American members a pleasure to interact with, and also from the understanding that at least SOME of our more right wing American members are not right wing in the unhealthy and selfish way that EVERY person who has ever represented that faction on the national or international stage, would suggest.

And I say used to have, by the way, because the election season and the subsequent behaviour of many of the people I used to respect deeply, has lessened that respect a great deal. I have seen things written here that should not even be THOUGHT, leave alone thought about deeply enough to be remembered and written down as if part of a genuine political ideology.

But I also have to consider the fact that America has, without a doubt, the single most witless cretin of a President that any major world power can boast of having, an athropomorphised satsuma, with an alien ferret like creature living on his head, and working the controls.

In summary, America has one of the best founding documents of any country on the face of the world, which has been roundly ignored, worked around, and embarrassed into silence, by a procession of bigots, charlatans and other bastards, and has no actual left wing in its politics whatsoever, which is largely a result of direct manipulation of politics as a landscape, by major corporations. It is a corporatism, neither a true Republic, nor a Democracy, but a corporate owned, corporate sponsored piggy bank for the worst scum this world has ever birthed, an international clearing house for the ill gotten gains of the entire world to move through, despite having one of the most beautiful, noble and decent foundations of any major country on the face of the world. It is a wonderful, and totally heartbreaking paradox, a place where potential is infinite, but performance either wasted or non-existent.

edit on 11-7-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical correction.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

There are two different things happening, whenever I think of America.

On the one hand, you have the massive respect I used to have for many of our American members, and still have for a few of them. This respect comes from interaction, from being familiar enough with enough of the American members here, to have understood the raw intelligence, the passion for their lifestyles and livelihoods which makes so many of our American members a pleasure to interact with, and also from the understanding that at least SOME of our more right wing American members are not right wing in the unhealthy and selfish way that EVERY person who has ever represented that faction on the national or international stage, would suggest.

And I say used to have, by the way, because the election season and the subsequent behaviour of many of the people I used to respect deeply, has lessened that respect a great deal. I have seen things written here that should not even be THOUGHT, leave alone thought about deeply enough to be remembered and written down as if part of a genuine political ideology.

But I also have to consider the fact that America has, without a doubt, the single most witless cretin of a President that any major world power can boast of having, an athropomorphised satsuma, with an alien ferret like creature living on his head, and working the controls.

In summary, America has one of the best founding documents of any country on the face of the world, which has been roundly ignored, worked around, and embarrassed into silence, by a procession of bigots, charlatans and other bastards, and has no actual left wing in its politics whatsoever, which is largely a result of direct manipulation of politics as a landscape, by major corporations. It is a corporatism, neither a true Republic, nor a Democracy, but a corporate owned, corporate sponsored piggy bank for the worst scum this world has ever birthed, an international clearing house for the ill gotten gains of the entire world to move through, despite having one of the most beautiful, noble and decent foundations of any major country on the face of the world. It is a wonderful, and totally heartbreaking paradox, a place where potential is infinite, but performance either wasted or non-existent.

thanks for your thoughts. Unfortunately they coincide with my own.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

results come from what you call " looks". Caring how other countries perceive us is actually not all all caring about how we "look". Its expanding your mind to take in what others perceive as faults and finding a way to improve. An extremely intelligent person knows they always have something to learn, and know they do not "know it all" (thinking you know it all is actually what lower intelligent people do). Learning from others is one sure way to expand and become better.

Obama was very intelligent, its not surprising he cared what other countries thought about America.

No, results do not come how other countries perceive you. Most of the time those people, like the majority of people throughout the world, know America through media, advertisements, movies, but have never travelled there nor even talked to any Americans. Their perception is derived from propaganda. Their perception is false.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join