It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Jam With My New Bass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hello, all!

Thought I'd share a lil glimpse of what I like to do with my Saturdays (when the lovely missus allows it that is!) and talk about my new baby ... The Fender Aerodyne Bass Guitar!

shop.fender.com...

This slick sexy lil lady is basically a Japanese made fusion of the fender jazz and Fender precision bass. Iv been playing for about 2.5 years, either on my rickety starter Bass or my friends Fender jazz. I decide it was time to upgrade, and between the price, playability , versatility and overall sexiness of this bass, I pulled the trigger!

Here's the first jam I had with it only days after I got it... these jams are completely improvised, and always have a rotating cast of characters. This particular one is a trio, but if you look around the website you will find all sorts of combos.. here's the jam

feedproxy.google.com...
It's a little long, so feel free to jump around if you do decide to listen ..

Here's the main page if you are interested in more improvised jammage

feeds.feedburner.com...

Thanks for listening, if you did. If not. I don't blame ya... this stuff is totally self gratification wankery lol

Since at this point I'm throwing it all out there , here's a vid of some jams from a year or so ago where I'm playing some guitar ... same studio ... it's nice having wealthy friends...haha! I'm the guy under the age of 50

youtu.be...

edit on 10-7-2017 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Not a bad jam session at all.

Your new bass will serve you well into the future. Its rugged and the j/p set up is quite versatile. Have fun exploring all the neato ways you can shape her sound. From punchy midrange growl to soft rounded and warm tones for ballads.

I like that they made her passive. Let the wood and fingers do the work for tone.

So bass wise any stylistic preferences? Sounds like youre into blues and rock. Any latin or r&b or funk on the horizons.

Precision basses can get a great slap sound reminiscent of the 70s era jazz basses.

Either way. Good choice on the new bass and keep up the jams.
edit on 10-7-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

In the video you the guitarist with the hat or no hat.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Finally if you like bass check out this david sanborn song as played my marcus miller. Although the bass is awesome on it the real star is the drummer. Whoooooo thats great drumming.

m.youtube.com...
edit on 10-7-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses!

I was hoping you'd pop in, given your name n such..

I actually LOVE playing funk, at least as well as I'm capable, and the guy on drums during the audio jam is a funk guy also so we have discussed a funk project..

My taste are shaped by JustinChancellor , les Claypool , and Colin Edwin, mostly. Oh yea John Deacon from queen! Also the obvious like jaco geddy... also this dude named Mike Todd used to be killer but he's dissapeared ..

Atmospheric , funky , and dark brooding grooves..

I have def been exploring the slap pop sound..never rally got that out of my "Arbor " beginner bass or even the Fender Jazz, tho the jazz belonging to my friend kept me from really exploring too much..aerodyne rally makes it pop though.

Iv got the hat.. I'm a noob on all instruments... and with a guitar player like the other guy it's hard to stand out.. but that's what we do and I'm lucky to have a player like that on my team.

It's funny because just a couple years ago I would go over and watch them do their thing and just wish like hell I could be part of it...

Fast forward and in the last month we have done 2 gigs of basically just our normal Saturday improv jams and people have loved it... a true testament to setting goals and surrounding yourself with people that are better than you , imho ...

Anyway thanks for listening I'll def check or that vid when I'm done working... the strat thread from earlier inspired me to share all this.

a reply to: BASSPLYR

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Hell yeah! Throw down that bass track son!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Nice, yepper she's a looker....I likee.

new topics

top topics

join