It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey’s Private Memos on Trump Conversations Contained Classified Material

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Ooops.
Comey may have screwed himself.
According to sources, a majority of the memos James Comey admittedly leaked regarding his conversations with President Trump, contained 'Classified' and highly sensitive government information.

Comey is on record as denying there was anything 'classified' about the memos he claimed as his private property.

Let me be the first here to point out that this information comes from unnamed "officials familiar with the documents"...so, most people from the Left should immediately accept this as 'fact', as CNN, WaPo, NYT and MSNBC are consistently siting "unnamed officials familiar with the..." as proof of their stories concerning Trump.

I'll keep an open mind, until more is revealed...but, there is a very real possibility that Comey is guilty of doing exactly what he publicly was critical
of Hillary Clinton for doing.

More than half of the memos former FBI chief James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton for in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

Comey testified last month he considered the memos to be personal documents and that he shared at least one of them with a Columbia University lawyer friend. He asked that lawyer to leak information from one memo to the news media in hopes of increasing pressure to get a special prosecutor named in the Russia case after Comey was fired as FBI director.

Comey insisted in his testimony he believed his personal memos were unclassified, though he hinted one or two documents he created might have been contained classified information.

“I immediately prepared an unclassified memo of the conversation about Flynn and discussed the matter with FBI senior leadership,” he testified about the one memo he later leaked about former national security adviser Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.

He added, “My view was that the content of those unclassified, memorialization of those conversations was my recollection recorded.”

But when the seven memos Comey wrote regarding his nine conversations with Trump about Russia earlier this year were shown to Congress in recent days, the FBI claimed all were, in fact, deemed to be government documents.

Four of the memos had markings making clear they contained information classified at the “secret” or “confidential” level, according to officials directly familiar with the matter.

thehill.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Let me be the first here to point out that this information comes from unnamed "officials familiar with the documents"...so, most people from the Left should immediately accept this as 'fact', as CNN, WaPo, NYT and MSNBC are consistently siting "unnamed officials familiar with the..." as proof of their stories concerning Trump.

At least we have a standard for what is considered real news these days!

Any time I see someone named as a source, I know that it must be a lie. As Mika Brezinski noted controlling what we think is their job!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is going get traction, but still the system has to work in a certain manner.
And summer is just getting started.

Nothing like a little " Roger "Verbal" Kint " to make them say huh ?

Buck

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

.so, most people from the Left should immediately accept this as 'fact', as CNN, WaPo, NYT and MSNBC are consistently siting "unnamed officials familiar with the..." as proof of their stories concerning Trump.

Please. We have our very own, very prominent member that makes their ATS life all about using unnamed sources when it suits them and decrying them when it doesn't. It's not a behavior exclusive to the lefties.

What's going to be key is whether it was classified at the time of writing the memos or if they were classified after the fact.

And, of course, what Comey's "intent" was.

Though I wonder if we now have to use Comey's definition of "intent" or if we're going to have to use Mueller's.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Oh yes, and now trump is on a rampage because he leaked classified info to the press. No, the only thing he leaked was trump suggesting he BREAK THE LAW with Flynn! He did not leak any other part of his memos, so what difference does it make?

He had every right to have private memos, as long as he kept them private. Which he has, accept for the part that incriminates trump when he asked Comey to let it go, so now trump is on a rampage AGAIN, trying to DEFLECT. trump is acting like Comey showed ALL of his memos to the press!!! LOL

edit on 10-7-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Oh yes, and now trump is on a rampage because he leaked classified info to the press. No, the only thing he leaked was trump suggesting he BREAK THE LAW with Flynn! He did not leak any other part of his memos, so what difference does it make?

He had every right to have private memos, as long as he kept them private. Which he has, accept for the part that incriminates trump when he asked Comey to let it go, so now trump is on a rampage AGAIN, trying to DEFLECT. trump is acting like Comey showed ALL of his memos to the press!!! LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

trump, is easy to laugh at. If he were not in charge of my country it would be even more funny.... How bout his brilliant plan to create cyber security with Russia...LMAO, Smart trump, really smart. He thought it was until, people with common sense pointed out it might be a really bad idea

edit on 10-7-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

No, the only thing he leaked was trump suggesting he BREAK THE LAW with Flynn! He did not leak any other part of his memos, so what difference does it make?

He had every right to have private memos, as long as he kept them private. Which he has, accept for the part that incriminates trump when he asked Comey to let it go

Can you please link me to where you read the memo since you KNOW what was in it?
edit on 7 10 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join