It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought I'd hit a few strings on my Telecaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Sometimes it is hard to connect with the musical thoughts of the night, but when the fingers and our life's lyrics come about to us, we feel the musical energy to let loose and fly into the past , present, future, I just feel like picking up the Telecaster and letting my mind drift away. Having been in the action of being a US Veteran, I want to say that playing musical expressions can lead ourselves into a life of understanding from right and wrong, and coping with the thoughts of being just a human being living in a state of "peace of mind".

app.box.com...

Thanks for listening

edit on 0700000009492017-07-10T08:49:09-05:00490907am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0700000025502017-07-10T08:50:25-05:00502507am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The first 30 seconds or so, instantly made me think of RUSH 2112 - Discover/Presentation.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The first 30 seconds or so, instantly made me think of RUSH 2112 - Discover/Presentation.

So many thanks for listening. As we put our fingers on the fret board, it like getting on the motor cycle and discovering a new route of happiness on the journey of the tranquility of life.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Always upvote member art.

Always upvote telecasters.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Very, very pretty. Dig it.

Sounds like it could be an opening to a movie.

What're you playing through, amp-wise?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Very, very pretty. Dig it.

Sounds like it could be an opening to a movie.

What're you playing through, amp-wise?

I was playing through a Marshall 25 watt and a boss reverb, using a shure 58 mic.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hey this is pretty good
It's quite calming.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Ahhh... so many of my early recordings were 2 SM 58's in the corners of a room running into an old 4 track cassette recorder before I finally found a protools MBox when I first started learning the ins and outs of getting good sounds down on "tape". Ran with digital recording for years and 5 or 6 years ago I came across a really good deal for an Otari MX 80 2", t 24 track tape machine.

I really like the sound of the Tele and your chord choices are pretty sweet. I agree with David64 that it sounded a little like something Lifeson would've played on old Rush combined with a little of the 60's flavor and chord choices you would have heard PeterBuck playing on early REM.

keep 'em coming. I'm always happy to check out music from other board members, even if it's as far away from what I write and play as this is. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkestConspiracyMoon
Hey this is pretty good
It's quite calming.

Thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Ahhh... so many of my early recordings were 2 SM 58's in the corners of a room running into an old 4 track cassette recorder before I finally found a protools MBox when I first started learning the ins and outs of getting good sounds down on "tape". Ran with digital recording for years and 5 or 6 years ago I came across a really good deal for an Otari MX 80 2", t 24 track tape machine.

I really like the sound of the Tele and your chord choices are pretty sweet. I agree with David64 that it sounded a little like something Lifeson would've played on old Rush combined with a little of the 60's flavor and chord choices you would have heard PeterBuck playing on early REM.

keep 'em coming. I'm always happy to check out music from other board members, even if it's as far away from what I write and play as this is. Thanks for sharing.

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Killer!

Love the tone and chill vibes.

Keep the original music coming! We should start an ATS band !

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Killer!

Love the tone and chill vibes.

Keep the original music coming! We should start an ATS band !

Im down with that if I can join.
Can we call the band Steamy Jeans? Hahaa!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Excellent sir! Music is indeed magic. Self reflection through music, art, or whatever creating positivity can definitely be used to heal inner conflict, a very healthy practice in my opinion. Keep your fingers flowing like water!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

All I can say is that the more I listened to this, it made me fu*king cry and I am embarrassed, but im man enough to admit that. Thank you Sir Vet.! I don't know if this is what you were going for, but this is dedicated to you and all who have served! Cheers man!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Lol yea what the hell why not????

In case your wondering, here's the inspiration for the name ...

youtu.be...

a reply to: Tundra

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Lol yea what the hell why not????

In case your wondering, here's the inspiration for the name ...

youtu.be...

a reply to: Tundra

Hahaahaaa! That is hilarious! Sounds like something my band would do. But in more of a punk rock type of style.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hey, we should really have an ATS band. If interested, PM me, I'm more on the songwriting side then a guitar player.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

With current technology, we could easily do it (I play bass btw lol) The guitar player in one of my bands had a setup where they had band practice and nobody was in the same city and one of the guys was in another state, while they were working on their new album. I'll ask him and find out what the program was he used to do it because it was pretty easy as long as you have a good internet connection, a mike and a headset and he recorded everything in realtime through ProTools. It's definitely doable. And that's just one available option. Filesharing through dropbox works too. One person works out a riff or partial arrangement, sends it out to the other guys with some notes regarding key and chord changes. Its a very doable situation. And not like I'm not in multiple bands plus running the studio, but I find that jamming with new people always leads me to new ideas and new ways of looking at songwriting. Especially if its a style that isn't in your usual wheelhouse. I'm in.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
That was a great listen and dead easy to just drift away with.

Second fave version of you are my sunshine for me. Google the Luis Garcia song for my fave

top topics

join