It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic Carpet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I hope I`m in the right place?

Read some stuff on the internet recently, suggesting the India government had made a staggering breakthrough with a "electromagnetic lifting vehicle"! effectively this would change the direction of future aircraft developement.

Following the usual diplomatic protocols (US), this developement will be on hold untill 2012.

Now I`m not saying it`s true, but I was just wondering what you lot might know about this?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Stuff from UFO nuts. I believe it was published in India Daily.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yep, *points to above*

You may be interested in some of the ancient writings about Indian mythology involving aeriel vehicles though...I think they are called Vimyanas (sp?) or something to that effect... Indigo Child would be the one to ask on those....

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That I tend to believe more. I have read little about those. I used to interested more in the Mathematical portion though. Try the book called Vedic Mathematics and compare it to the Trachtenberg methods.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

unspun
"electromagnetic lifting vehicle"!

big deal, to me this just sounds like they have levitated something using magnets powered by electricity. like a MagLev Train.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The main reason I am interested in following this up is that it seems that the following is an Indian Government website:

Ancient Indian Works

Is this site for real?

As for your title, is it not interesting that ancient tales made textiles one of the secrets of flight- and the Wright Flyer was made from textiles?

If there was a pre-existing tech civilization, and if India has dug up a piece of it, are we not lucky to be hearing about it?

As a pilot, I fight gravity everyday. Gravity kills. I hope the Indians may shed some light on how to beat it for good.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Interesting. The site is real and is indeed a government site. But it is just a part of it's archives, nothing says that the government is actually looking at it (at least the defence cos) but it is mentioned that the Council For Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and few universities are conducting experiments.
The CSIR is actually budgeted by the government!

top topics

join