It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automated private drone vehicles the future??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Seems like this project was way easier to map out than the automated vehicles on the ground somehow... do you think this is the future for human travel?

I would at least like it to be.

Porject Wing-x

Our aircraft can fly preplanned routes on demand using sensors and software to detect and avoid one another in real time. We've developed failsafe architecture – redundant avionics, motors, batteries and even navigation systems – with intelligent controls so backup systems can help keep aircraft safely in flight. We’re also working on a shared airspace system so that hobbyists and commercial operators alike can safely navigate the airspace.

Aside from the fact that the job is going the way of the dodo... pretty cool technology I am excited for the future for rich people who get to enjoy it.

Not us peons who work for a living though.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
No thanks . Prefer human controlled vehicles .

Can see it now theyll restrict where can / cant go in drone vehicles . Or it will get hacked just for #s and giggles by bored kids .

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

meh, there will be advanced encryption modules that come out with the more secure ipv6

It' a probability that a more secure network is innovate
edit on 10-7-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Will stick to having control over where I can or cant go in a vehicle .

They can have all the protocols they want someone will find a way to hack it .

Besides am old fashioned prefer to be able to do things without all the high tech gadgets . Much more rewarding .

Even drive an old triumph spitfire without all the electronic gadgets that can actually work on and fix if something goes wrong .

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Not really, you can't brute force a 256 bit encryption

Also 90% of attacks happen through phishing scams otherwise known as social engineering not exactly weaknesses in the technology itself persay

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i think the vault 7 leaks pretty much proved most systems have been compromised from the inside so external attempts are probably unnecessary.

but lets pretend someone DID want to bruteforce their way. What if they took something like the ASIC bitcoin mining machines which can perform stunningly high computations per second (terrahashes at this point). What if someone could use this kind of off the shelf tech and write a few lines of code that directed their processing power at breaking into a system rather than solving crypto problems on the block chain?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Not really, you can't brute force a 256 bit encryption

...yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You will not have the option I'm afraid. Personal automated taxis and freight will be very efficient but will not work with human controlled vehicles on the road also.
Elon musk does a very good talk about it on you tube...I reckon drivers have 15 years...then you can drive on private roads.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

You will not have the option I'm afraid. Personal automated taxis and freight will be very efficient but will not work with human controlled vehicles on the road also.
Elon musk does a very good talk about it on you tube...I reckon drivers have 15 years...then you can drive on private roads.

Mixing automatic and human controlled vehicles is a bit of a problem, that's where 99.99999% of the challenge in self driving vehicles lays. Fortunately, it's a problem that only gets easier over time as cars are retired and self driving ones take their place. I'm guessing a full transition is going to take 20 years.

Flying cars will only work with automation. Few are competent drivers, do you really want to take that from a 2d to a 3d environment?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

according to Google their rate of improving increased 4 fold in one year - 2016

top topics

join