It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Axe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
After the talk I went few weeks back, about The Machete, now I feel compelled to do justice to its sister - The Axe

Not to play it proud but an axe is a three tools in one, a hacking master, a knife in need and a pole(shaft) so helpful in random tasks at the bush.
Axe you can carry on your belt and deliver faster than a knife(quite decent personal experience here, been belt wearing trade hawk for an year and half, uhm, yes even in city areas), you can intimidate an opponent far better holdign an axe, than a knife, but most importantly axe is a arm extention wich you can invest all your physical force and momentum, being as valuable almost as a sword, yet retaining its perfect tool abilities.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
You can also use the back of the axe as a hammer, so that's four uses.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Actually, the "axe" or "hatchet" was the first symbol worshiped by humans.

It represented the "will" of man.

To understand this symbolism, think of what the ax is used for. It chops down trees.

Now, there are two ways to live. One is in harmony with nature, and the other is according to your own will.

So, if you want to go from point A to point B, and the forest is blocking your path, you can either "walk around" the forest, keeping in harmony with nature, or "ax" your way straight through the forest, cutting a path that is "more convenient" for you.

The animals walk around, while men "ax" their way through, making their own "road."

So, the ax represents the key distinguishing difference between the animals and humans, that ability to exert "will" on the natural environment, to make it conform to your desires, rather than simply "cooperate" with the natural things as they exist, and move out of their way.

Beginning with that first symbol of the ax, as man's first tool that represented his will, mankind has gone on to develop many other tools to do the same thing, to construct the environment he wants to live in, rather than accept the natural environment as he found it existing.

Hence cities have replaced forests.

All because of that initial tool, the ax, that made man conscious of what he could do.

That "ax" represents the "will" to change and re-mold the environment into your own design.

The "ax" was then worshiped as a "god".

It represents the "divine will", for as god fashioned the world, so with this tool man "re-fashions" it into his own will.

So, man reasoned, god must have had his own ax.

And thus, the ax became the first symbol for god.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I carry one in my car at all times along with a long handled log splitter, and a bow saw, along with all my other roadside and survival equipment.

I have specially adapted a Bergan and set of 95 webbing to enable me to carry everything on foot, should the need arise.
edit on 10-7-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Used to be a timberwright. I still have pretty much all the chisels and a couple axes. Always thought that if the shtf I had a very marketable skill. Mortise and tenon. It has always been a comfort in me especially since my nephew has taken a loving interest in the craft.

I never really liked a bow saw outside of pruning. Always preferred keeping regular hand saws both crosscut and rip handy. Bush axe has never been far from me either.

Edit-

I agree that the axe is the first tool to make your environment your own. I know this as well as the knowledge that in the long run nature will win.
edit on 10-7-2017 by Terminal1 because: Afterthought

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

An extremely marketable skill. Building people not only homes, but chicken coops, green houses, any number of things.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

Not to play it proud but an axe is a three tools in one, a hacking master, a knife in need and a pole(shaft) so helpful in random tasks at the bush.

After finally watching game of thrones last night, i have absolutely no doubt as to the axe's long last wielding power. : )

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You could maaybe include information on axe choice and use, safetly and sharpening.

top topics

join