It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

law professor guilty of sexual harassment for real world legal question about a bikini wax

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Time for re-education for this professor.

What seems to be a legal question that could be a real world situation is a big no no.
A couple students "feel" they were forced to reveal if they waxed and didn't like the word genitals. Seems like with all the talk about "alternative" life styles on campus this would be small potatoes, and the question was discussing an area of law.

Reginald Robinson was accused of sexual harassment by two students at Howard University in Washington D.C. in 2015

They complained about a test question which described a hypothetical bikini wax

The customer claimed to have fallen asleep and been inappropriately touched

Robinson's question asked if they had a legal case against the salon owner

The professor is disgusted with the decision and wonders how a teacher can instruct students with real world situations that are unsavory.

'My case should worry every faculty member at Howard University, and perhaps elsewhere, who teaches in substantive areas like law, medicine, history, and literature. Why? None of these academic areas can be taught without evaluating and discussing contextual facts, especially unsavory and emotionally charged ones.
'I also can’t prepare my students adequately for legal practice if I can’t teach them new developments and require them to read unedited, unfiltered cases, he said in a statement.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Snow flakes won this fight.
edit on 9-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jul 10 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

genitals genitals genitals genitals genitals genitals genitals mandatory bikini wax on the genitals.

Did I melt enough snowflakes?

The level of stupidity is reaching critical GENITALS!

In my day, a hard slap to the genitals would learn these CHILDREN to actually grow up and be adults. I bet they're afraid of grass stains too.

Ship of freaking fools..

edit on 9-7-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

When did society become so insecure?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
A couple students "feel" they were forced to reveal if they waxed ...

Sounds like they deserved 'a win' to me.

If some professor asked my wife if she waxed ... it would be me he would meet-up with in a dark parking lot.
If some professor asked my daughter if she waxed ... I'd be at his home ... where I would be introducing myself to 'his' family.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

What t'hell happened to laughing when the professor said genitals?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If some professor asked my wife if she waxed ... it would be me he would meet-up with in a dark parking lot.
If some professor asked my daughter if she waxed ... I'd be at his home ... where I would be introducing myself to 'his' family.

Stop....you're giving snowflakes a bad name.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What a bunch of pansies, never mind too caught up in their own sheltered feelings to seriously consider the scenario, which does happen.

There's also been a number of dentists who've sexually assaulted patients when put under.

What the F is it with the younger generation. Before you know it they'll be complaining that spoons and forks are offensive because those without hands can't use them.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

What t'hell happened to laughing when the professor said genitals?

I feel like you're forcing me to reveal if I actually have genitals

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So it seems only females complained about someone touching their gennies...i am sure no guy studying law complained about it LOL...wake up to a nice happy ending.

edit on 9-7-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
Stop....you're giving snowflakes a bad name.

Sorry. I'll try to be good.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

A couple students "feel" they were forced to reveal if they waxed ...

Sounds like they deserved 'a win' to me.

you might want to learn what the word " hypothetical "means.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The professor did not ask them if they waxed. They "felt" that they were forced to reveal if they did.

These are adults. And they are studying law. They are going to be piss poor lawyers.

From the story

Two students complained to the university. claiming that the question made them feel as though they had to reveal if they had ever undergone bikini waxes themselves Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The guy never said anything, it was a written test question. This is utterly ridiculous, a question that could arise in the real world being asked of students learning the profession. What the hell is going on with humans these days. Are these people 12? What if they actually land jobs defending a situation just like this... would they seek to sue the complainant because it hurts their feelers hearing certain words? How do they feel they were forced to do anything..

God almighty, smite us now, we're cooked...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I actually love this. Within the next five years the colleges may understand why it is not a good idea to let the one's there to learn make the important decisions. They may as well go ahead and build Nursery University, or Bottle College. Or, or, how about The Enhanced Learning of Snowflakery Institute.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Well genitals. I cant help butt get my bikini in a twist around my genitals. Vagina,

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

The only thing the admin is doing is trying to keep the absolute worn out and outdated 20th century scheme rolling for another year.

The profits got to keep rolling in, and offending the snow flakes, LGBTQ or BLM squads could cut into the bottom line, and that is not allowed.

Easier to screw a professor than offend the precious little D-bags and have riots.
edit on 9-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

I actually love this. Within the next five years the colleges may understand why it is not a good idea to let the one's there to learn make the important decisions. They may as well go ahead and build Nursery University, or Bottle College. Or, or, how about The Enhanced Learning of Snowflakery Institute.

The prophecy continues to be revealed

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

His students would make some pretty crappy lawyers depending on what kind of law they want to pursue. Lawyers tend to get into some nasty situations while investigating the criminal underworld and defending the criminals that inhabit societies seedy underbelly.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The only thing the admin is doing is trying to keep the absolute worn out and outdated 20th century scheme rolling for another year.

He sure is. But once the small percentage doing all of this get on the other kid's nerves, and the colleges start hemorrhaging cash because of it, they will try to implement new standards and hopefully learn a lesson. If not, well then they asked for it.

The profits got to keep rolling in, and offending the snow flakes, LGBTQ or BLM squads could cut into the bottom line, and that is not allowed.

I believe you are 100% right.

Easier to screw a professor than offend the precious little D-bags and have riots.

Only in the short term. Maybe they know the end of modern academia education is almost at an end. Either way, something is going to happen.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

The prophecy continues to be revealed

I want to laugh, but I am kind of scared you are exactly right.

Edited to add, that is odd, because I just watched that a few days ago.
edit on 10-7-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join