It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo's Contained Classified Info

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Why all this talk about pardons?
Trump did nothing wrong. There is nothing to pardon.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

Your link is behind a pay wall. Though I can easily find a news article that claims he can't pardon himself or if he tried no one would consider it legally valid.
Trump pardon

I read up on this very issue back when people were concerned Hillary could pardon herself if she won.

If a president were to pardon themselves it would be unprecedented and it appears the consensus in the legal community is that pardon would be thrown out.

The president cannot be on both sides of the pardon and there has to be a degree of separation.

There is no consensus. I have read both sides - most I have read find the idea wrong, but none can find any part of the constitution that limits the President's pardon power to pardon himself.

Like I said, there is a consensus that it's wrong and would most likely be thrown out.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

a reply to: windword

I seriously can't believe Trump's supporters are floating this idea like it is a sane one. Yeah pardoning yourself of a crime you are under investigation for doesn't make you look incredibly guilty or anything.

I would say that pardoning one's self would be the epitome of political corruption.

Hard to think why we would want our elected officials to do such a thing.

Nobody would want that - at least I hope not.
It's all pretty irrelevant anyway, though I do think that Congress should move to implement specific law against this for the next Presidential term.

Honestly, I don't think Trump would try to do such a thing.

I don't either.
I also doubt anything like that would enter his mind. I would not put it past him to pardon some others though, like Hillary.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Your link is behind a pay wall. Though I can easily find a news article that claims he can't pardon himself or if he tried no one would consider it legally valid.
Trump pardon

I read up on this very issue back when people were concerned Hillary could pardon herself if she won.

If a president were to pardon themselves it would be unprecedented and it appears the consensus in the legal community is that pardon would be thrown out.

The president cannot be on both sides of the pardon and there has to be a degree of separation.

There is no consensus. I have read both sides - most I have read find the idea wrong, but none can find any part of the constitution that limits the President's pardon power to pardon himself.

Like I said, there is a consensus that it's wrong and would most likely be thrown out.

Consensus it is wrong - sure. Likely to be thrown out - no.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Before we get to the topic of pardoning himself they really need to find some actual evidence of wrongdoing first, then we have the long drawn out impeachment proceedings then, and only if they actually manage to impeach will you have to worry about Pardons.

Left wing nuts have a good 2-3 years before we reach that point at this rate.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Why all this talk about pardons?

Because, Trump's wall of plausible deniability is crumbling. Looks like he's going to have to (try) to pardon Donald Trump Jr, real soon. And that's just not gonna to fly well with those already calling for his impeachment.

edit on 10-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I mean pure logic should show that. We aren't a banana republic and a President being able to pardon himself would come part and parcel with a BR.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

a reply to: yuppa

Right, that's why the DOJ appointed a "Special Prosecuter".

The Special Counsel was not appointed by the DOJ to indict the President.

But he may investigate and prosecute the President.

No he was still a DOJ representative because they appointed him. Technically he cannot prosecute the SITTING president. Notice i said sitting. After he is up for re election its fair game.
ALthough here is a way trump can pardon himself. Temporarily gives power to his VP. who then pardons him. In exchange Trump helps out his VP in his run for office. ALl behind closed doors mind you.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Except he didn't give all his memos or even half his memos to anyone but senior FBI employees.
So . The page he gave his friend did not contain any classified information.

And what's this??? Oh my god.. according to who?
What?
Unnamed whozits, whatzits and doodads?

Let's misrepresent the whole story why not?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

One classified memo leaked and Comey is toast. Sessions is in charge of this impending prosecution. Game over.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Who said he was?
These were memos left behind with the rest of the stuff on his desk when the LIAR in chief fired him for not ending the Russia probe.
He kept the presidents conversation one. And gave only a part of it to his friend. And it was his memo. He could have it.

Make a federal case out of this but not all those secret meetings with Russians that this admin can't seem to tell the truth about.

I know it's soothing g to think about other things vs but what's really happening.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Too bad then huh?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Anything COmey wrote on FBI property was not his. Anything written on whitehouse property was not his. In that peice of the country anything a official writes is a government document. Yes even grocery list if written on FBI paper.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And what if he does go to jail? If he broke the law he should.
Are you guys considering that some kind of victory?
Because he ratted out trump?

Wow if it's gone that low....
Lol
I'm speechless.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Haha.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I'm sure Bob Mueller will look into that too.
I'm not invested in James Comey one way or the other myself. He's a douch bag for what he did last summer.
He brought some # about the president to light . If he broke the law in doing it he's dumber than I thought.
Just another republican if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Impeachment procedures are the method in which a sitting president can be prosecuted for High Crimes and Misdemeanors. Why else to you think a Special Prosecutor is appointed, if not to prosecute?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Impeachment procedures are the method in which a sitting president can be prosecuted for High Crimes and Misdemeanors. Why else to you think a Special Prosecutor is appointed, if not to prosecute?

Wait he wasn't appointed so that he could bake everyone in the administration cookies?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What's crazy is these people think a sitting president can just commit crime after crime and no one can do anything about it until he's out of office!
edit on 10-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

What's really crazy is that after months of demanding evidence of impropriety, now that Trump jr. has literally handed it to the public in a way they can't just dismiss by blankly yelling "FAKE NEWS!" because it was reported by anonymous source, they are instead trying to argue how this is 100% legal and ethical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join