It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo's Contained Classified Info

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"no classified information was sent"
"not classified at the time"
"no information was marked classified"

It's like deja vu, all over again. Comey is simply setting up a Clinton Defense.

Comey was always a pawn for the big players in Washington. That was obvious with his word choices during his testimony. He was the head of the FBI and a career investigator, yet he was "awestruck" and "dumb founded" simply by being in the same room as Trump. "If only he had been stronger", but "he was weak" etc. He played himself off as the ultimate beta victim (one HAS to wonder how he became the head of the FBI).

We as citizens will never know if his memos contained classified information of not, just as we will never know the extent of his leaks. Comey has had months to produce his "memos" for the committee so how do we even know these are the ones that he absconded with? Had you or I done the same thing, our lives would be ruined and our homes ransacked. He had months to create whatever he wished to produce (with a team of assistants I have no doubt).

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He gave one to a friend. He admitted this under oath.

Prove that he gave a classified memo to him.

His sworn testimony, under oath is considered proof. I (and many others here) saw and heard his testimony broadcast live, with my own eyes and ears. And, I am sure it is all online somewhere for you to watch and learn as well. Perhaps you should spend some time looking for and watching that video if you doubt those here making this statement?

No it isn't. If that were the proof then he'd be charged by now.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Read the OP link like everyone else did.

I did. That isn't proof either, but I guess you guys don't have to prove your speculations but the liberals have to have impossible standards of evidence for you to believe us. I'm just doing what you guys do to us whenever we post damning information about Trump.
edit on 11-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Lol, we've never given you an impossible standard. We've simply asked for more than insinuations and speculation.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

No Top Secret info in Comey's memos. Ever FOX'news' is walking that inaccurate assertion back. You know when FOX'news' takes something back, it must have been way off.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
So, his handwritten memo's contained confidential information,
He admitted to giving 1 of these memo's to a friend to leak

call me ignorant but, as director of the FBI investigating crimes of confidential information wouldn't it seem fair that he'd have hand written notes of this info?

Also, he gave 1 memo to his friend to leak, any proof this had confidential info on it?

Seems like nothing much will come of this.

Handwritten? Where did you get you info and who starred you?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Krakatoa

The information he gained from within the meeting was in his head. HE decided to transfer that information from his memory to a written form. Once that is done, regardless of his location at transcription, is the property of the FBI.

I don't think his observations and personal notes on concerning behavior of the president belongs to the FBI. IF he kept a journal of his feelings about his FBI adventures and his colleagues, would that be FBI property too? These memos weren't official FBI documents, in my opinion.

Period.
No argument.
That is the law.

That is rarely the case. We'll just have to agree to disagree and see how this pans out.

Any recollection of that kind related to those type of meetings need to be vetted first to determine of there is anything that is classified FIRST, before being released as unclassified. If I did that with information and impressions of meetings I have been in without them being vetted would result in me being in jail and losing my clearance.

But then, I am a simple cog in that machine so I don't get special dispensation for being "reckless".

Comey was THE classifying authority for classified information at the FBI. Unless something was classified by another agency he holds the keys to the castle on classification of information at the FBI. He would have the authority to vet his own documents.

So you're making up your own rules now.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Pyle

Comey should not have been in possession of classified information after his employment was terminated. He certainly should not have given them to his friend to release to the press.

Bingo

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The memo that went to the Times was not classified.

Richman insisted, however, that the disclosure was limited to a single memo that did not contain classified information.

"The substance of one memo I read to the Times,” Richman told ABC News. “And there were no classified markings on it.”

In addition, none of the memos given to Comey's friend were marked classified.

"No [Comey] memos given to me had any classified markings," Professor Daniel Richman, a former federal prosecutor in Manhattan who is currently a professor at Columbia Law School, told ABC News.

ABC News

This batch of news stories is propaganda meant to brainwash you guys. Check this out.

More than half of the memos former FBI Director James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton over in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

The Hill

There is no proof that the classified memos were the ones leaked or given out. In fact, the proof is to the contrary.
edit on 11pmTue, 11 Jul 2017 18:57:28 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 11pmTue, 11 Jul 2017 18:58:01 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 11pmTue, 11 Jul 2017 19:00:14 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Just because something dont have a classified sticker on it dont mean it isnt classified.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Hea not even supposed to have the memos in his personal possession in the first place.

Comey is a political operative and our Intel agencies has been politically compromised.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Just because something dont have a classified sticker on it dont mean it isnt classified.

Ohh I thought the C on it was because it was alphabetize!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It just blows my mind that the Director of the FBI would do what he did. He may be 6'8", but he is a little man, a vindictive little man at that!

He's hiding something for the corrupt D.C. machine and/or the dirty deeds done in the last administration. His complicity in the unmasking of American citizens is probably going to be exposed anyway, regardless of his attempt to muddy the waters of justice by getting his buddy and mentor, Mueller, to run cover for him.

I hope President Trump, in his effort to drain this sick and disgusting bunch out of our government, can stay strong and determined against all these sleazy attempts to bring him down.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Of course the memos are "classified" now! They could possibly indict a sitting president for obstruction of justice, at the very least! But, I doubt that they were considered "classified" at the time. Besides, labeling them as classified keeps them away from the prying press and the impressionable public.

Also, only 1 of 7 memos were given to his lawyer friend, and only a portion of that 1 memo was given to the press.

I don't think it's an issue of who the memos were given to (although this would obviously lead to further counts of still other felonious lawbreaking), but more a matter of the unsanctioned creation, storage, and handling of classified documents. He could've doodled on a napkin and stuffed it in his pocket, later burning the napkin in the fireplace at home, and if the doodle contained classified information he would still be guilty of a crime and of breaking FBI protocol. So it's both a fireable and prosecutable offense, each on it's own independant merits.

Of course, as another ATS MEMBER stated, this is only based on hearsay thus far.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

No Top Secret info in Comey's memos. Ever FOX'news' is walking that inaccurate assertion back. You know when FOX'news' takes something back, it must have been way off.

Oh, I wasn't aware of FOX news' proclivities for, well, you've implied that it is not the usual thing for them to walk back a story once it has been revealed to have been...innacurate. I was not aware of this (i don't watch a lot of tv news, the only thing I really know is what I find out here, some of which has proof like how CNN had ratings lower than 35+ year old Yogi the Bear cartoons. Some others, not so much... Hey Yogi actually sounds good right now for a nice little silly interlude/, I wonder when it's on? "Hey Booboo! I'm gonna git me a pick-a-nic bas-ket!" Uh oh here,comes the Ranger, and as you may have guessed, he is Not happy... :how
and I was wondering if perhaps you might have a couple of examples, to get me on the right track, so I can see for myself what it is you are talking about. Thank you in advance if you happen to see this and then, after seeing this, happen to then decide to oblige me. I'm always trying to learn and to better myself and become a better student every day, and none of this would be possible without the efforts of others, and for that, I commend your soul. It's difficult to imagine just where I might be in life if it weren't for generous and humble folks such as yourself. I pray not think of a thing such as that to come to pass! Therefore I humbly prostrate myself before you, in a humble display of humility and appreciation. I hereby patiently await your wise counsel.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join