It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Memo's Contained Classified Info

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So congress finally got their hands on the Comey memo's and it seems that comey failed to properly guard classified information, just like hillary.

This is interesting to me as it does two things:
First, shows Trump to be correct in his decision to fire Comey. Comey is political, regardless of the law.
Second, proves Comey was either lying or woefully ignorant (unlikely but possible) when he testified to the senate that they weren't government documents and there was no classified information.

It would be some very sweet irony if he were to go down for the crime that he allowed Hillary Clinton to get away with.

Here are a few excerpts:

More than half of the memos former FBI chief James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

But when the seven memos Comey wrote regarding his nine conversations with Trump about Russia earlier this year were shown to Congress in recent days, the FBI claimed all were, in fact, deemed to be government documents.

“Unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or negligent handling of information contained in the files, electronic or paper, of the FBI or which I may acquire as an employee of the FBI could impair national security, place human life in jeopardy, result in the denial of due process, prevent the FBI from effectively discharging its responsibilities, or violate federal law,” states the agreement all FBI agents sign.

It adds that “all information acquired by me in connection with my official duties with the FBI and all official material to which I have access remain the property of the United States of America” and that an agent “will not reveal, by any means, any information or material from or related to FBI files or any other information acquired by virtue of my official employment to any unauthorized recipient without prior official written authorization by the FBI.”

Link: thehill.com...

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That would be some sweet, sweet irony if he was actually punished for breaking the same law he excused Clinton from.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It seems rather convenient now, in hindsight, that Comey set the "not negligent but extremely careless" precedent, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me at all. Now, who actually decides if it is classified or not, certainly not the person releasing the memos. Even if that person is the head of the FBI. It should have documentation attached that shows a committee says it is not classified.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

"according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents."

However, I do hope this is true, will finally give trump a break to get more bills through.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Of course the memos are "classified" now! They could possibly indict a sitting president for obstruction of justice, at the very least! But, I doubt that they were considered "classified" at the time. Besides, labeling them as classified keeps them away from the prying press and the impressionable public.

Also, only 1 of 7 memos were given to his lawyer friend, and only a portion of that 1 memo was given to the press.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

This is been known since Comey talked about the memos in open testimony before the SIC. Some contained info that could not be released to public and were not.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Comey should not have been in possession of classified information after his employment was terminated. He certainly should not have given them to his friend to release to the press.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Of course the memos are "classified" now! They could possibly indict a sitting president for obstruction of justice, at the very least! But, I doubt that they were considered "classified" at the time. Besides, labeling them as classified keeps them away from the prying press and the impressionable public.

Also, only 1 of 7 memos were given to his lawyer friend, and only a portion of that 1 memo was given to the press.

DOJ legally is not to prosecute a sitting president. have to wait until his term is up.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Right, that's why the DOJ appointed a "Special Prosecuter".
edit on 9-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Comey - Damn best FBI Director Clinton money could buy

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: yuppa

Right, that's why the DOJ appointed a "Special Prosecuter".

Will the special prosecutor look at the leaked memos that actually triggered the special prosecutor being hired in the first place?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Comey - Damn best FBI Director Clinton money could buy

The Dems and their minions are the most corrupt bastards on the planet.
We need a Democrat only penal colony....Trump should refurbish Alcatraz for them.
Hillary, Obama, Lynch, Comey, Rice, Podesta etc....25 years hard labor each.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

LOL you've got to be kidding.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Who still cannot prosecute a president.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The Department of Justice is now investigating the 125 classified leaks, that endangered National Security, in President Trump's first 126 days in office.

Some of Comey's memos are included in those 125 leaks being investigated. This is getting SERIOUS.

Source: www.breitbart.com...

I'm glad this is now being handled in Jeff Sessions's department, and not by Comey's good friend, Robert Mueller.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, technically he should have. He has classifying authority. He should have known that this information was sensitive and at very least, confidential.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It doesn't surprise me at all. Now, who actually decides if it is classified or not, certainly not the person releasing the memos. Even if that person is the head of the FBI. It should have documentation attached that shows a committee says it is not classified.

Information is classified per the law/executive order. It doesn't matter if someone marks it as classified or not. Classified info is still classified even if it's shared verbally and never marked as classified, at all.

It's the type and source of information that makes it classified, not the fact that someone marked it as such.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
So, his handwritten memo's contained confidential information,
He admitted to giving 1 of these memo's to a friend to leak

call me ignorant but, as director of the FBI investigating crimes of confidential information wouldn't it seem fair that he'd have hand written notes of this info?

Also, he gave 1 memo to his friend to leak, any proof this had confidential info on it?

Seems like nothing much will come of this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join