It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Painting Left on Islamic Center Investigated as Hate Crime

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChungWire
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I believe it is 'Children of God".
Sons of God is something a bit different, I could be wrong, it's been a while since bible studies.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, You are gods? 35 If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say you of him, whom the Father has sanctified, and sent into the world, You blaspheme; because I said, I am the Son of God? 

Jesus was referring to the verse in Psalm.

ETA - I just realized your point. You're right. The Psalm verse said that we are children of the most high. Still my point stands.

edit on 7/9/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Oh we are called children-sons-lambs needing a Shepard I'm sure there is more

It seems (if I understand it correctly) that Islam and Christianity worship the same God.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Oh we are called children-sons-lambs needing a Shepard I'm sure there is more

It seems (if I understand it correctly) that Islam and Christianity worship the same God.

Bingo.
That's the bias we're talking about when it comes to this story.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: seasonal

Curious how this is considered a hate crime. Like you said there's more to this story.

Yeah I'm wondering the same. What actual criminal act was performed? Trespassing? Breaking and entering? Did they use materials on site to make the painting?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
But don't the Muslims always make nice with us Christians by telling us how much they believe in Jesus too? You know ... how he'll return in the last days and bow to Muhammad and then turn on his followers and smite us for not believing in Allah. BUt they are supposed to honor him highly as a prophet. So this can't be a hate crime. Jesus is part of their religion too.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

However most muslims don't believe Jesus died on the cross. They believe God prepared a substitute to look exactly like Jesus too be crucified.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

The story does not go into how this may be considered a hate crime. Sad that it was even reported.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

It is a beautiful art work and icon, it represent's one of the core beliefs that christian's have which differ's from the Islamic belief which is that Jesus was crucified but there religion founded a little over 600 years later deny's that he was crucified.

Yet all around the Christian country's were secular business interests have conspired to make Sunday a secular holiday and to allow trade and business on Sunday's so that they can maximize there profit's on that day just as any other Church's have had falling congregation numbers, most that do not attend though do still call themselves christian but because they are not practicing it as a way of life there children are more likely to call themselves atheists even if they describe themselves as believing in an after life.

At the same time many church's left almost abandoned are being closed and sold off as the administrators of those church's are often even more atheist despite there employer and for them money is what matters even over the objection's of family's and the emotional and spiritual harm closing these church's rather than reviving them can and does cause to community's as the one place many of them feel they can go in time's of personal crisis is no longer there.

At the same time yet again Islamic mosques are often moving into these former church's despite the direct opposition of there belief to that of the Christian's which is similar in practice to what they have always done as they take over these chapel's which are often strategically at the heart of established community's and it help's them to convert those then left in the wind seeking for spiritual guidance to there own religion and once through those door's it is a far more controlling and brainwashing cult than any mainstream christian church could ever be claimed to be.

This was actually not an insult to them though unless it was put there by a racist whom therefore did not understand the sacrifice of Christ upon the cross but I rather believe it was most likely a blessing by some soul that only wanted to do good.

It therefore is very unlikely to be a hate crime but calling it such is actually a hate crime against Christian's and I would suggest a petition be raised to the investigating authority's to stop it being called a hate crime when NO vandalism or violence was committed against anyone, rather it was an act of free speech.

IF the authority's classify this as a hate crime how long before it is a hate crime to wear a crucifix in public - already as we already know but only because sufficient mass pressure in the form of petitions was not raised and the nasty people responsible were able to get away with there anti christian secularist driven behavior.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So, is it a hate crime, or a love crime?

Next thing you know, those dudes standing around with "FREE HUGS" signs will be targeted for sexual harassment entrapment.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: seasonalUm if these are religious orgs, it should matter not that a pic of another Savior was put on there. Hate crime seems like a stretch.

I find it hard to believe a religious center would report this. Seems like there should be more to this story.
Well sure. In that perfect world with perfect religions and perfect people to follow them, this should not matter. But this is the real world and these two major religions have set themselves against each other.

Do you suppose that a Christian would put this picture on a Mosque just to invite Muslims to accept Christ? Hardly. Graffiti is a crime and defacing property is also. This was no innocent invitation to join Christ but rather to intimidate Muslims. But what do you think is the ''more to this story?

What? How can a painting of Jesus be intimidating? Maybe someone left it there instead of throwing it away.

Maybe they thought this is to nice a painting to just throw out and thought the Mosque down the street could find something to use it for.

I think the internet broke us.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yourmomsentme

How is this a "hate crime"? I can understand it being classified as vandalism but a hate crime?

People have lost their god damned minds!

I can't even see it as vandalism as it was not painted on the mosque. It was a painting on a canvas propped up on the mosque. If anything I guess that's littering.
If this were a lawsuit the first thing a lawyer would ask is "what are the damages being claimed?"

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When is criticizing Islam in a post going to be considered a hate crime?

Never. Silly persecution complex...

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I don't know about a hate crime, but it certainly looks like someone wanted to stir the pot a bit.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And the center allowed the pot to be stirred. I would have suggested they hang the painting in the center and give it the respect that their religion believes it would deserve.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Huh? How so? By being triggered by it and calling the police?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

If the center would have taken it as a gift, we would have never heard a thing about it. This is not a crime.

If this is someone trying to get the center excited, they succeeded. They called the police instead of acting like adults.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Like I said, it is stirring the pot. You just described what that cliche means. The center wasn't stirring the pot, they were reacting to the pot stirring because they were stirred up.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

OK

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So this isn't a hate crime. . .

But leaving a picture where it can be seen of another religious figure is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join